Walking Down The Halbeath Road

People want success and it has to be instant

Absolute pish here in the online press call. How can you say fans that wanted rid of AJ were being impatient when you've just sacked the guy and admitted you've been concerned for a while?

Best not to even go into the mewling about having no money, just months after talking about our "competitive advantage" over other clubs in the division.

I am glad the Board have accepted this season hasn't been good enough though and hopefully Crawford/Shields can do the business over the coming months.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Talent can't override coaching? What absolute pish. 

"Aye he's no a great coach he's just talented" aye, sure. 

Yep he worked wonders with McHugh and Whyte, hindsight shown he encouraged proven goalscorers to score goals.

If Fais starts scoring on a regular basis, come back !!!

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Time will tell. I actually think it's a not bad situation for a rookie. Decent squad to work with and a nice wee cushion from the bottom two teams still. I agree that we should be looking at top four at least, so AJ had to go. Our hands are tied financially though, we couldn't afford to pay compo for a performing manager at another club and we don't want some stale merry go round manager.  We can't throw money about like Falkirk have. I'm  happy to have some Pars fans at the helm and guy who will work to the bone to make this a success. 100% behind them and the board on this one.

I agree in principal hence greenie, the danger of rookie in 2nd part of the season is s danger if it doesn't go well, last season all teams had a free ride to finish 9th at worst, this isn't the case this season.

I'll begrudgingly say if Crawford gets it right, the squad Dunfermline have will be in the top play offs and should be.

Sheilds will need to provide the bad cop to tear stained Crawford, good guys don't make good managers

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yep he worked wonders with McHugh and Whyte, hindsight shown he encouraged proven goalscorers to score goals.

If Fais starts scoring on a regular basis, come back !!!

I agree in principal hence greenie, the danger of rookie in 2nd part of the season is s danger if it doesn't go well, last season all teams had a free ride to finish 9th at worst, this isn't the case this season.

I'll begrudgingly say if Crawford gets it right, the squad Dunfermline have will be in the top play offs and should be.

Sheilds will need to provide the bad cop to tear stained Crawford, good guys don't make good managers

Bert Paton

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Not sure if you can just decide to retire without honouring your contract? Probably due compensation just as would be required in a transfer?

I think Craig Samson did this to St Mirren a month or two back.

Ric Flair did it all the time.

This has to go down as one of those bits of well known general knowledge that somehow manages to evade you until you read it in a forum. I’d honestly no idea who this was until I Googled it. I’ve never watched much wrestling (watched a little of UK stuff on Saturday afternoons after Airwolf) but quickly realised it was staged bullshit, and just a crap pantomime. I’ve heard of various wrestling stars over the years mentioned in mainstream but, nope, Ric, I got nothing.

3 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

This has to go down as one of those bits of well known general knowledge that somehow manages to evade you until you read it in a forum. I’d honestly no idea who this was until I Googled it. I’ve never watched much wrestling (watched a little of UK stuff on Saturday afternoons after Airwolf) but quickly realised it was staged bullshit, and just a crap pantomime. I’ve heard of various wrestling stars over the years mentioned in mainstream but, nope, Ric, I got nothing.

Ok, cheers for that.