Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Crawford is unproven and Shields doesn’t know the team, league or anything but obviously brings something from his playing days and America.

He's been living in America, not on the moon and I'm sure he's been keeping tabs on how we're getting on. The league hasn't changed that much. Still as competitive as ever and difficult to get out of. Crawford knows all about the team, therefore Shields doesn't have to. I'm sure he'll pick that up quickly after a few training sessions and watching a couple of first team and reserve games.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Agents always get a cut of transfers.
However who the club signs will lie with the coaches, i.e. they'll make the final decision.

So what is the Rat doing then? Open your eyes brother.

Recommending players? He also some kind of board advisor.

I know you all want it to be worst case scenario where he shovels pish players in the door and lines his pockets and that he has final say on all signings, but I don't see it happening.

Recommending players? He also some kind of board advisor.
I know you all want it to be worst case scenario where he shovels pish players in the door and lines his pockets and that he has final say on all signings, but I don't see it happening.
He has essentially a made up, no required job. He needs to justify his existence, meaning his grubby wee paws will be into everything and anything. His mark will be all over everything you do soon.

Not saying that just to rip the pish. Thats just what this looks like and what his character speaks of.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He has essentially a made up, no required job. He needs to justify his existence, meaning his grubby wee paws will be into everything and anything. His mark will be all over everything you do soon.

Not saying that just to rip the pish. Thats just what this looks like and what his character speaks of.

OK. So what would you like us to do about it?

Was always unlikely the Pars could afford Petrie due to the fact his on a big four year contract and a decent job outside football.
Not that it really matters now, but Stewart Petrie doesn't have a four year contract.

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Shields and Jackie Mac must have bagged the club two of the three highest transfer fees we've ever received. Looking forward to seeing Kozma as the next new face in the dugout. 

Depending on what source you consult then either one is the biggest ever fee we've received for a player. I think it was circa £600k for each transfer (a fucking steal as well).

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:
20 hours ago, Enigma said:
Was always unlikely the Pars could afford Petrie due to the fact his on a big four year contract and a decent job outside football.

Not that it really matters now, but Stewart Petrie doesn't have a four year contract.

How long is his contract? We'll be along in a few months for him..

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Depending on what source you consult then either one is the biggest ever fee we've received for a player. I think it was circa £600k for each transfer (a fucking steal as well).

We paid pretty hefty fees for Kozma and Shields so Jackie netted the biggest sum. I've heard he will be turning the gym into a puppy farm.

Shields and Jackie Mac must have bagged the club two of the three highest transfer fees we've ever received. Looking forward to seeing Kozma as the next new face in the dugout. 

McNamara I'm sure was £600,000 (I was raging we got less than Raith for for Steven McAnespie at around the same time). Shields was sold for "around £600,000" I think but I have it in my head it was a bit less.

How much did we get for de Gier? 450k? Must be up there.

Think we only got back what we paid for him, which was about £250,000 to £300,000 I think.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

How much did we get for de Gier? 450k? Must be up there.

Not even close.

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

McNamara I'm sure was £600,000 (I was raging we got less than Raith for for Steven McAnespie at around the same time). Shields was sold for "around £600,000" I think but I have it in my head it was a bit less.

Think we only got back what we paid for him, which was about £250,000 to £300,000 I think.

I recently re-read Into The Valley and they do note it was less. I'll check later to see what they say.

20 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I heard after the Falkirk home game that AJ's contract terms changed in January, which means it was a much reduced pay-off and that Crawford would take over if results didn't improve due to a lack of finance to get somebody external and pay compo.. Thought it was just ITK shite but looks like it was true.

In his final year that sounds credible not with 18 month left.

My memory of Crawford initially was he worked well with our strikers as a coach with many of them doing well(talent can override coaching tho)

My lasting memory is a fans meeting with board and management minus Pressley, when most fans had a lot of hatred towards our manager, Crawford stuck up for him eventually with butting in, he was 3rd on pecking list. The speech he gave when almost in tears over his love for Pressley was embarrassing and obviously did him no good being that xfactor tears for the cause with jobs with Pressley in later years.

I can only see tears and more mess with the pars with him unless Sheilds brings something to the table, you need guts and dig to be a manager, good guys don't make it

I would look out for local boy Gordon Forrest for the 3rd coach role. Recently left Vancouver White caps after best part of 5 years over there. Respected coach and comes from Dunfermline.  I'm sure he will know Stevie and Greg very well.