Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Consistent at this level for years? Disagree. He's been Ayr manager for 4 years, starting at the level below.

Last season he stumbled to the League 1 title. Season before that Ayr finished bottom of the Championship and were relegated. Season before that they finished second in League 1 and stumbled through a penalty shootout in the playoff final.  Before that he was out of the game for 4 years.

So this is just his 2nd season, out of 4, in the Championship.  Nothing consistent a out that at all.

Whilst this season he's done brilliantly and deserves all the credit going to him, I'd be wary in case this is the aberration, not the previous years of failure mixed with success at a lower level.

Edited by DA Baracus

Going by what Leishman was saying in today's papers,  Crawford has got the next two games to see what he can do,  if he does well it looks like he'll get the gig until the end of the season.  Doesn't look like their looking outside the club right away for someone. 

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Consistent at this level for years? Disagree. He's been Ayr manager for 4 years, starting at the level below.

Last season he stumbled to the League 1 title. Season before that Ayr finished bottom of the Championship and were relegated. Season before that they finished second in League 1 and stumbled through a penalty shootout in the playoff final.  Before that he was out of the game for 4 years.

So this is just his 2nd season, out of 4, in the Championship.  Nothing consistent a out that at all.

Whilst this season he's done brilliantly and deserves all the credit going to him, I'd be wary in case this is the aberration, not the previous years of failure mixed with success at a lower level.

He's been managing teams around Dunfermline's level for the best part of 20 years. You are only looking at the last 4 years and ignoring the rest, specifically at Falkirk and Partick Thistle.

28 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Going by what Leishman was saying in today's papers,  Crawford has got the next two games to see what he can do,  if he does well it looks like he'll get the gig until the end of the season.  Doesn't look like their looking outside the club right away for someone. 

Really hope he does well and gets the gig to see where he can take us.

Two extremely hard games to be judged on in United at Tannadice and the Rovers at Stark's though, I imagine if he was to get two positive results most pars fans wouldn't be against him staying till June? Makes sense financially as well.

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Really hope he does well and gets the gig to see where he can take us.

Two extremely hard games to be judged on in United at Tannadice and the Rovers at Stark's though, I imagine if he was to get two positive results most pars fans wouldn't be against him staying till June? Makes sense financially as well.

Yes,  he'll certainly be doing well if he gets positive results from those games.  As you say,  financially as well it makes sense to give him a chance. 

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Get McNamara to f**k. Would be raging at that appointment.

He's shite and totally untrustworthy after his exploits at Dundee United and York.

It would be utterly shocking by our board, incompetence on a new level. Equivalent to when Raith appointed Locke. 

However this all seems to have come from a post on DAFC.net, my mate says he knows who he is and he might be ITK but I'm hoping he's way off. 

Guest Ecosse83

Good job for someone to go into. With the squad you lot should definitely be up in the play offs at least.

Has McCann been mentioned for the job?

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It would be utterly shocking by our board, incompetence on a new level. Equivalent to when Raith appointed Locke. 

However this all seems to have come from a post on DAFC.net, my mate says he knows who he is and he might be ITK but I'm hoping he's way off. 

I saw McBookie trolling about this on Twitter a little while ago.  I'd have thought Jackie Mac's reputation goes before him now, and your board would have more sense than that.

8 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Allan Johnston the highlights reel:

It wasn’t all doom and gloom with AJ but let’s hope we get some of these performances back at East End Park again!!!!

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It would be an unthinkably stupid appointment.

We'd be as well signing John Hughes on a PCA at the same time, to be effective from September.