Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'd take Petrie, Young or Goodwin of the "obvious" picks. Hughes, Locke, Stubbs, Hartley, McNamara, Campbell, etc - no thanks. Coyle is a probable no, although there may be some merits based on his early (St Johnstone) work but not so much on his later oeuvre. McKinnon would be hilarious mind you.

Coyle in the same boat as Hartley in won't be in a full time job anytime soon.

Surely if the board have took this decision, they have someone in mind and want to give him a bit time to wheel and deal in the window.

Goodwin must be in with a shout and would have both Falkirk and Partick cheering, then there are so many no current club options, would be surprised if your new manager isn't in the stand on Saturday

The right decision. Fans had lost patience and results have been nowhere near good enough. AJ did some good things in his three and a half years in charge but I believe he had taken us as far as he could. It's regrettable the Board hesitated for months but hopefully we can get a new man in who will renergise the support and get the team moving up the table.

My first picks are Jim Goodwin or Stewart Petrie but we'll see who ends up getting it.

No surprise that he's finally gone.  Surely Stewart Petrie will be their preferred choice?  He's worked wonders at Montrose and deserves a chance at a championship club.  I think he'd do a good job at East End as well.

Gary Locke please :lol: 

I think Darren Young would be my first choice. No because he's an ex player but he did well getting a very small club like Albion Rovers up to league one and kept them there. He has now taken East Fife to the top end of league one and keeping pace with Rovers. He has a few years experience behind him now too. Petrie has done well but not quite proved it for long enough for me.

Goodwin interests me too and wouldn't be unhappy with that. 

Maybe even Lee Bullen who was caretaker at Sheffield Wednesday and been in around the management scene at a good level for a while now. Maybe a good chance to be his own man now.. Knows the club, intelligent guy too.

Billy Davies? Where's he been? Not sure if we would interest him though.He would've had some high paid jobs over the years.

Edited by Chubbychops

I think Darren Young would be my first choice. No because he's an ex player but he did well getting a very small club like Albion Rovers up to league one and kept them there. He has now taken East Fife to the top end of league one and keeping pace with Rovers. He has a few years experience behind him now too. Petrie has done well but not quite proved it for long enough for me.
Goodwin interests me too and wouldn't be unhappy with that. 
Maybe even Lee Bullen who was caretaker at Sheffield Wednesday and been in around the management scene at a good level for a while now. Maybe a good chance to be his own man now.. Knows the club, intelligent guy too.
Billy Davies? Where's he been? Not sure if we would interest him though.He would've had some high paid jobs over the years.
Yeah go for Davies. Hel bring stability.....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/09/billy-davies-nottingham-forest-derby-county-no-job-smear-campaign

Glad that the AJ chapter has come to an end finally. Shame that his final memory at the club will be a massive "AJ get tae f**k" chant. It wasn't all doom and gloom though and he should be proud of his efforts over his tenure. Getting us out of League One, putting together strong runs down the stretch to steal 5th and 4th place finishes as well. Sadly this season he'd run out of ideas. Couldn't get the spark needed within the team to push on, so it's time for someone else to have a go. There's still some talent in this team, somebody's got to get it out of them.