Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Goodwin for me. I don't want Petrie's rep ruined by having to pick up the pieces from AJ. Although, he would galvanise the support like nothing else. There's not many ex-players that are worshipped as much as Petrie, especially the more modern day fans/players.

I don't think it would be ruined, unless things went *really* bad. We're already a couple of bad results away from a relegation battle, so would be hard to blame him too much even if it came to that. Plus, he's had a lot of experience playing and coaching in the lower leagues, albeit a lot as an assistant.

I think he would obviously be very popular, would have tremendous backing straight away. It might not work out but I really don't think it's a huge risk.

Mentioned about a month ago that AJ being in charge way past his sell by date has essentially ruined any goodwill he could have left with but now the board need to act to save themselves coming to the same conclusion. This may be met with the sarcastic 'sack the board' comments but the atmosphere and malaise around the club all points to it heading in that direction which would be a great shame after all they have done for us. 

Saying that if no action is taken regarding the dugout and they do find themselves in that unfortunate position they really only have themselves to blame. These calls can not be ignored any longer or no doubt there will be more cases of hostility (wrongly obviously) as people feel they are being pied off and snubbed by the board. 

And banning loyal fans for having a verbal flare up with a players Mrs? Come on, that's pathetic. Especially considering how shit Williamson has been for some time. 

I'm not talking sides (because I never saw any of the incidents and because I don't really care), so either 'side' could be totally right or talking utter shite.

However surely folk have to see the irony in saying that the board apparently jumped to conclusions and didn't hear the guys's side of the story yet immediately believe that he was refused entry for that without hearing the board's side of the story?

I think folk on all sides need to stop being dicks and little shitebags because we're having shit results. It's like some folk have never experienced football before.

Edited by DA Baracus

Fortunately it isn't up to fans to draw up a shortlist then phone up other clubs to enquire about their manager and then speak to said manager if allowed to.
It would be tricky given none of us know the budget and what terms we could offer.

Newmember can surely tell us exactly how many Bridies per month we can be give to any manager?

Thing is if you look carefully at AJs career he hasn’t really been proven on a level financial playing field.

With QOTS and us in league one he had a championship side and was blessed with guys like Nicky Clark and Faissal who had outstanding seasons. I’m guessing most managers would win the league. There’s no doubt we played good football and were good to watch but he hardly worked miracles.The likes of Grant and others pointed out flaws though early on such as our inability to beat full time sides or come from behind. 

Once we got into the championship imo he has failed at squad and player selection and whenever an experienced manager changes things round we look a shambles. It started early with the 4-3 win against Dumbarton. You could pick out twenty or so games where we’ve lost the plot, lost late goals or failed to recover from going behind. The biggest and most crucial was the Dundee United playoff game. We went from cruising and missing a sitter at one nil to falling to pieces and playing Jean M’Voto upfront. It’s totally obvious to me that AJ and Clark don’t have a clue tactically at this level and should have been told thanks for last season and get someone else in.

Nielson in the close season would have us in the top four now imo.

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Mentioned about a month ago that AJ being in charge way past his sell by date has essentially ruined any goodwill he could have left with but now the board need to act to save themselves coming to the same conclusion. This may be met with the sarcastic 'sack the board' comments but the atmosphere and malaise around the club all points to it heading in that direction which would be a great shame after all they have done for us. 

Saying that if no action is taken regarding the dugout and they do find themselves in that unfortunate position they really only have themselves to blame. These calls can not be ignored any longer or no doubt there will be more cases of hostility (wrongly obviously) as people feel they are being pied off and snubbed by the board. 

And banning loyal fans for having a verbal flare up with a players Mrs? Come on, that's pathetic. Especially considering how shit Williamson has been for some time. 

The thing that infuriates me with Williamson is his amazing runs followed by duffed crosses. He also can’t defend and has no aggression or spacial awareness.

It you watch him he actually runs away from the ball when it’s going down the wing and expects a centre half to cover. I’ve never seen the likes of it and I have no idea why he can’t be coached defensively. Lewis Martin has improved so I don’t know why.

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Thing is if you look carefully at AJs career he hasn’t really been proven on a level financial playing field.

With QOTS and us in league one he had a championship side and was blessed with guys like Nicky Clark and Faissal who had outstanding seasons. I’m guessing most managers would win the league. There’s no doubt we played good football and were good to watch but he hardly worked miracles.The likes of Grant and others pointed out flaws though early on such as our inability to beat full time sides or come from behind. 

Once we got into the championship imo he has failed at squad and player selection and whenever an experienced manager changes things round we look a shambles. It started early with the 4-3 win against Dumbarton. You could pick out twenty or so games where we’ve lost the plot, lost late goals or failed to recover from going behind. The biggest and most crucial was the Dundee United playoff game. We went from cruising and missing a sitter at one nil to falling to pieces and playing Jean M’Voto upfront. It’s totally obvious to me that AJ and Clark don’t have a clue tactically at this level and should have been told thanks for last season and get someone else in.

Always have a chuckle when I remember that. Absolutely fucked it. Should have walked the Saturday morning for that.

On 22/05/2018 at 14:31, D.A.F.C said:

Still unsure about AJ because of transfer dealings but on the pitch he’s mainly got it right. The lack of midfield was down to signings or lack of. 

If you took away the mid season dip we would have been second. Time to get behind the team and manager. McManus is one guy I’m really hoping signs up soon. Aird and Clark would be great but McManus is the drive for the side imo.

You turn very, very quickly 

However surely folk have to see the irony in saying that the board apparently jumped to conclusions and didn't hear the guys's side of the story yet immediately believe that he was refused entry for that without hearing the board's side of the story?

I think folk on all sides need to stop being dicks and little shitebags because we're having shit results. It's like some folk have never experienced football before.

The guy wasn’t given any reason for being refused entry, he was told to contact some security officer at East End. Could be the fan liaison. He intends to fight this and go through the right channels to get himself allowed back to East End.

No ones “being dicks” if we were wining every week and the same thing happened involving a players family and a fan I’d feel the exact same way about it. It’s got nothing to do with poor results.

1 minute ago, JFPar said:

The guy wasn’t given any reason for being refused entry, he was told to contact some security officer at East End. Could be the fan liaison. He intends to fight this and go through the right channels to get himself allowed back to East End.

No ones “being dicks” if we were wining every week and the same thing happened involving a players family and a fan I’d feel the exact same way about it. It’s got nothing to do with poor results.

I mean being dicks in general, not over that one incident.

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Unsure about him and mainly. Now totally sure he hasn't. Not a huge turnaround really.

Also that was at least six months ago. You're getting obsessive with me lol

You said he mainly got it right on the pitch. You said it was time tp get behind the team and the manager.

However you've totally contradicted yourself with the below where you say he's never got it right since being in this league and that he should have been punted in the summer, something that not even you were calling for at the time.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I've went into it before but it shows you a lot when you see how poorly we perform once we go behind. United away on the opening day of this season is the only time we've conceded the first goal under AJ and gone on to win, unless playing utter diddies. AJ's basic idea of setting up a team and style of play isn't terrible but he *really* struggles to change a game when his initial idea doesn't work out.

I'm almost never shocked by Pars. If we start a game badly, we're almost always poor for the whole game. Once Ryan missed that sitter against Falkirk, I'm sure every one in this thread could have told you exactly how that game was going to finish. We also know we'll get a couple of decent results or go on a mini run and then come crashing back down to Earth. That's fine the first couple of times but it's worn very, very thin by this point.

It's predictable, it's stale and it should have been the end months ago.

Just listening to Joe Thomson's interview after the game. He's very honest. 

Don't know what happened second half, they might of made a wee change but we've not picked up on it''

''We didn't make ourselves tight and see out the game or push for another goal.'' That's exactly how it looked to me. It looked to me that there was no real plan second half and no response when things went pear shaped. I mean not even bringing on Durnan last 5 minutes to add to defence and defend set pieces. That would be standard for a manager at professional level. It's amateurish.

It just sounds we're lacking direction. Like was said above, we start of with a plan and it's just a case of hoping all goes well, because AJ and Clark seem incapable of out smarting the opposing management in game. 

First half showed how well these players can play. Let down time and time again by Johnston's inability to manage the team during 90 minutes.