Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Cardle was good. But he got dropped for Craigen last year, who came in and did a better job. Aird then took that spot and was twice the player of Cardle. The season before, he got kept out the team by Paul McMullan.

Reality is, if he was as good as people are making out, he wouldn’t be signing for a team in the relegation scrap and a team challenging for promotion would have snapped him up.

Good player on his day, but he’s not the player he used to be anymore. Struggled post-September last season - 1 goal, despite 11 starts and several sub appearances. 4 goals the season before, including a hat trick on the opening day.

41 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I would take shankland dobbie aird Morris McManus and about twenty other players ahead of our shitey seventh placed side tbh

He was talking about players that have been signed by Championship clubs since the window opened on 1st of Jan, not just any player from Championship clubs.

43 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I would take shankland dobbie aird Morris McManus and about twenty other players ahead of our shitey seventh placed side tbh

They been signed this January aye? 

I still wouldn't take McManus. 

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'd rather we waited and signed someone half decent tbf, there's not a single player any championship side has signed that I'd want at Dunfermline. Nesbitt when he signs for United will be the first. 

Nesbitt joins United their’s your 1st i’d have wanted at the Pars done 

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Cardle was good. But he got dropped for Craigen last year, who came in and did a better job. Aird then took that spot and was twice the player of Cardle. The season before, he got kept out the team by Paul McMullan.

Reality is, if he was as good as people are making out, he wouldn’t be signing for a team in the relegation scrap and a team challenging for promotion would have snapped him up.

Good player on his day, but he’s not the player he used to be anymore. Struggled post-September last season - 1 goal, despite 11 starts and several sub appearances. 4 goals the season before, including a hat trick on the opening day.

Aird being twice the player of Cardle is a belter but Craigen being better than him just lets everyone know you're on the wind-up.

Never mind the fact that Thistle will be paying more than anyone in the league outside of County and United.

Aird was more consistent and powerful Cardle has purple patches then disappears for half a season. 

I rate him highly though and he can win a game for you on his own at times. Shame he didn’t stay but let’s not forget him being replaced by Aird and McMullan as they offered more in terms of an all round game.

54 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aird being twice the player of Cardle is a belter but Craigen being better than him just lets everyone know you're on the wind-up.

Never mind the fact that Thistle will be paying more than anyone in the league outside of County and United.

Aird was twice the player of Cardle last season tbf. If I was offered them I'd rather have Aird a million times over. 

When Craigen came in and took Cardle’s place in the team, he performed better than Cardle had been playing in his last 11/12 appearances. That’s what I said and I still stand by that. Our performances picked up and I don’t recall many people questioning why he was getting game time.

Surely there’s absolutely no question that Aird is much better than Cardle? I’m pretty certain that when contracts were being offered, at least 90% of our fan base would have kept Aird over Cardle. There’s a reason Aird is playing for United and has 13 assists already this season!

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Both aird and mcmullan went through purple patches and quite spells. In fact is there a single winger that can claim anything different?

Yep. Aird was brilliant for about 10 games at the end of last season. Cardle was brilliant for about 10 games at the start of that season.