Walking Down The Halbeath Road

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

To represent it as just being about a Snapchat video and an argument with a player's girlfriend is disingenuous.

Well these are the only two incidents that have been mentioned, therefore we can't discuss something that we aren't aware of.

For the record, I'm not defending. Anyone that sends a video to the family of a player or argues with them in public is an ar*ehat. Glad the guy apologised for the Firhill incident with Ryan Williamson's partner, I seen it, it wasn't much but an apology was deserved.

12 hours ago, Enigma said:
17 hours ago, Grant228 said:
I'm a big fan of the chairman by and large, and before this I hadn't had any real issue with any of his statements. The current board is the first in my time as a Dunfermline fan who have ran us a sustainable football club, I'm a big fan of them, whenever we release good news with regards to posting profits, hosting supporters meetings I'm always game for saying great things about the board. However I don't think they should be immune from criticism when they do f**k up, and over the past couple of month's they've fucked up. 

Pars fans seem to be getting a bit of a dose of reality this season. Being a sustainable club probably means a lot more seasons like this for the Pars, and a lot less of top six in the SPL, as was, and winning the title with money you didn’t have. A section of your fans don’t appear to be taking this well at all.

I have to say Enigma makes a good point (if he's not on the wind-up!). The real issue for some of our supporters is we aren't winning every week & running away with the league. A few think sacking the manager will change this overnight & are letting this perceived inaction taint everything RM does or doesn't do.

It's a real shame that statements like this are issued. If a small minority of our fans didn't think it was their God-given right to act like a total fanny between 3 & 5 every Saturday there would be no need for the chairman to waste his valuable time & efforts writing them.

Edited by da_no_1

11 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Well these are the only two incidents that have been mentioned, therefore we can't discuss something that we aren't aware of.

For the record, I'm not defending. Anyone that sends a video to the family of a player or argues with them in public is an ar*ehat. Glad the guy apologised for the Firhill incident with Ryan Williamson's partner, I seen it, it wasn't much but an apology was deserved.

Those are mentioned but the statement says there are a number of other incidents;

"Sadly, there has been a number of recent instances where several of our own players, the manager, the coaching staff and the directors have been routinely abused by our own supporters. It has also now spread to abusing our families too"

So it's not just the two of them and anyone trying to make out it is is being insincere. 

I don't see what the drama is about tbh. Chairman puts a statement out about unacceptable behaviour, names a few incidents and wants it to stop, seemed an pretty impassioned plea given his role in the club too. The statement also states they are disappointed with how things have went on the park and the board takes their share of responsibility. Theres nothing in there about people just sitting on their hands, infact did he not make sure we have a section for people who want to stand that doesn't block peoples views or have problems in the walkways etc.

If you haven't overstepped the mark then the statement really isn't aimed at you so what's the problem? Folk seem to pouring over the statement to find hidden meanings or ways to be annoyed by it instead of just taking it for what it is and what its suppose to be saying.

Folk don't really want to see or even care about consequences of their actions especially if it doesn't effect them personally. What's worrying for me is the boards families seem now to be getting it, why should these guys bother giving up their time to keep the club going when it gets to that level? There seems to be an entitlement that some random people they don't know will give up their time to run a football team they go and watch and they will just put up with anything that's thrown at them. We don't exactly have multitude of people who would be willing to run a business the size of ours with all the complications football brings for f**k all.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Those are mentioned but the statement says there are a number of other incidents;

"Sadly, there has been a number of recent instances where several of our own players, the manager, the coaching staff and the directors have been routinely abused by our own supporters. It has also now spread to abusing our families too"

So it's not just the two of them and anyone trying to make out it is is being insincere. 

Plus all of this isn't new. Outside of the statement in the recent past we also had John Potter getting dogs abuse while picking up his kids from school and a young player playing at RB (and went to a higher level) who was scared to come along to an end of season supporters event. I think there needs to be a general acceptance this stuff at times has been going on and for a while especially when things arnt going well on the pitch.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I would expect my club to condemn abuse of players and their families on public forums, yes - do you release a statement every week if there is a tweet? No, but it's clear from the statement this is a culmination of abuse/vandalism issues. 

Except its not, it names a couple of incidents involving a maximum of 5 people, varying in severity and gives a different version of events for one of them, the players and managers are predominantly getting stick for not doing very well, the same way the players and managers of Dumbarton were getting stick in the later stages of Aitens reign. It's not been particularly virtrolic, it's a massive overreaction over a couple of individuals which will damage the clubs reputation far more than the actions of the fans. Are the national media reporting this as the few that is it? Are they f**k. It's a massive PR blunder from the club. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Who watches the opposition the pars are playing the week before for Johnston?

No one I'd imagine, absolutely no point as he doesn't tend to take the opposition into consideration when setting up his team. 

17 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I have to say Enigma makes a good point (if he's not on the wind-up!). The real issue for some of our supporters is we aren't winning every week & running away with the league. 

Who are these supporters that expect us to be running away with the league? 

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's a vague statement in a half, when the fans chat "Johnston get to f**k" that'll be construed as abuse, when a player is playing shite he'll get stick, etc etc. If the board are genuinely shocked that after our worst start at home in living memory that the players and manager are getting stick they need to come down into the real world, that isn't something that's special to Dunfermline. Every club ever has given there manager and players stick when they're doing shite. Likewise they give them praise when they're doing well, shocking. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Are the national media reporting this as the few that is it? Are they f**k. It's a massive PR blunder from the club. 

Lets be honest about it although reported by STV no one outside of the Dunfermline bubble really gives two tosses. Some might have a passing interest and think to themselves "O Dunfermline has idiots like ours and all clubs do" and that will be the extent of it. Hearts statements and press reporting into some of their fans behaviour is worse than ours and really no one outside of the Edinburgh/Hearts bubble gives a flying f**k apart from a passing interest (coin incident aside which was a bit different being on the tele in a high profile game with the Lennon factor added in). I don't really buy into this massive own goal or PR blunder stuff. No one at my work in Edinburgh has even heard about it., except one daft c**t who reads this forum and supports Alloa (Hiya).

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Except its not, it names a couple of incidents involving a maximum of 5 people, varying in severity and gives a different version of events for one of them, the players and managers are predominantly getting stick for not doing very well, the same way the players and managers of Dumbarton were getting stick in the later stages of Aitens reign. It's not been particularly virtrolic, it's a massive overreaction over a couple of individuals which will damage the clubs reputation far more than the actions of the fans. Are the national media reporting this as the few that is it? Are they f**k. It's a massive PR blunder from the club. 

There are two players mentioned in this thread in relation to incidents involving their family members, this isn't folk just shouting "You're shite" at players or managers during games, I think that much is clear from your boards statement. It's not been vitriolic yet family members are taking abuse and some players are considering their future with the club? I'm not sure that adds up. It only involves 5 people? So what?  The behaviour isn't acceptable whether it's 1 person or 300.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There are two players mentioned in this thread in relation to incidents involving their family members, this isn't folk just shouting "You're shite" at players or managers during games, I think that much is clear from your boards statement. It's not been vitriolic yet family members are taking abuse and some players are considering their future with the club? I'm not sure that adds up. It only involves 5 people? So what?  The behaviour isn't acceptable whether it's 1 person or 300.

I have absolutely no idea about the Craigan incident so won't comment on it. 

However the Williamson incident has turned incredibly weird, it wasn't like the boy in question went out his way to tell his girlfriend he was shite, she's jumped in after he was criticising him after the game, a disagreement was had and since the boy has apologised publically and to the girl in question, read the statements on here from people who witnessed it and then read the boards version, are they the same? 

And no, it's not been particularly virtrolic, as I've been at Pars games recently and I'd imagine you haven't, I'm probably better placed to comment on that. It doesn't seem like it adds up but then the boards version of events with Williamsons other half doesn't add up either. The statements absolutely all over the shop. 

As in it only involves a maximum of 5 people, I'll be fucking shocked if there's a club in this country who haven't had a problem with a couple of fans, to release a statement like that which brings national interest is totally over the top, again, your board didn't release a statement about getting stick on twitter/PnB during Aitkens later reign, should they have? Absolutely not. 

If people have commited an offence of some sort punish them, but if the board are going to start banning fans for calling a player shite on social media we're going to have no fans soon. 

If it's widespread, the perpetrators are many and can't be identified then absolutely, the Scott McDonald carry on and the racist and general fan behaviour after the Falkirk game was worthy of a statement? This though? Nah. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

However the Williamson incident has turned incredibly weird, it wasn't like the boy in question went out his way to tell his girlfriend he was shite, she's jumped in after he was criticising him after the game, a disagreement was had and since the boy has apologised publically and to the girl in question, read the statements on here from people who witnessed it and then read the boards version, are they the same? 

And no, it's not been particularly virtrolic, as I've been at Pars games recently and I'd imagine you haven't, I'm probably better placed to comment on that. It doesn't seem like it adds up but then the boards version of events with Williamsons other half doesn't add up either. The statements absolutely all over the shop. 

Aye tbf  it does seem weird with the Williamson incident, there seems to be two sides and its probably something in the middle. Mention of a video floating about and other comments on social media. All speculation really and unless the board know something the rest of us don't they maybe should have used a more neutral comment on it or left it out. However from another perspective if its part of a number of incidents and a player and his GF believe something has happened and reported it to the club I can see why they felt the need to address it and be seen to be defending their player and their family. Maybe that part of the statement could have been handled a little bit different in hindsight but I don't think that should detract from the main point of the statement

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As in it only involves a maximum of 5 people, I'll be fucking shocked if there's a club in this country who haven't had a problem with a couple of fans, to release a statement like that which brings national interest is totally over the top, again, your board didn't release a statement about getting stick on twitter/PnB during Aitkens later reign, should they have? Absolutely not. 

If people have commited an offence of some sort punish them, but if the board are going to start banning fans for calling a player shite on social media we're going to have no fans soon. 

If it's widespread, the perpetrators are many and can't be identified then absolutely, the Scott McDonald carry on and the racist and general fan behaviour after the Falkirk game was worthy of a statement? This though? Nah. 

You say you have no idea about the Craigen incident then go on to state with certainty that the abuse hasn't been vitriolic.  How can you be sure if you don't have a clue what's happened?

Of course every club has a problem with fans, every club will see a different way of dealing with it too.  At Dumbarton we have a small support so when things kick off it's usually fairly easy to identify the culprits.  We had issues at the play-off final with some young fans losing the nut and throwing things at the Alloa players - these lads were brought in by the club and warned about their future conduct and there was a statement put out by the Trust reminding fans of their responsibility to behave at games. Looking at your statement, the board have received a number of reports of damage and abuse in recent weeks and they felt a statement was necessary as I imagine all of the culprits could not be identified.  Are they not better placed to make that call considering they have all the reports of these incidents and have seen the damage first hand over someone like you who has seen one incident? 

You seem to be equating all of this to someone tweeting "williamson is shite" and lifetime bans being handed out for it when it's clear that's not really what your board are talking about. 

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You say you have no idea about the Craigen incident then go on to state with certainty that the abuse hasn't been vitriolic.  How can you be sure if you don't have a clue what's happened?

Of course every club has a problem with fans, every club will see a different way of dealing with it too.  At Dumbarton we have a small support so when things kick off it's usually fairly easy to identify the culprits.  We had issues at the play-off final with some young fans losing the nut and throwing things at the Alloa players - these lads were brought in by the club and warned about their future conduct and there was a statement put out by the Trust reminding fans of their responsibility to behave at games. Looking at your statement, the board have received a number of reports of damage and abuse in recent weeks and they felt a statement was necessary as I imagine all of the culprits could not be identified.  Are they not better placed to make that call considering they have all the reports of these incidents and have seen the damage first hand over someone like you who has seen one incident? 

You seem to be equating all of this to someone tweeting "williamson is shite" and lifetime bans being handed out for it when it's clear that's not really what your board are talking about. 

I didn't see the Craigan incident, but going by what was said about the incident it wasn't virtrolic. 

The only people who aren't able to be identified are those who kicked the window and left paper towels in the sinks, and it's just as likely if not more so that it wasn't Dunfermline fans, 

And no, I'm not equating it to that at all. 

No one has yet convinced me as to why the statement was necessary?

It's not going to deter anyone stupid enough to behave that way in the first place - in fact I think it makes similar incidents *more* likely if anything - and unless we're supposed to be self-policing each other in the ground then the vast majority who've done nothing wrong will end up getting tarred with the same brush.

I also think it tried to combine genuine troubling incidents with fair criticism of the board/manager/players. To dismiss the latter by saying fans are entitled was a big misstep IMO and I know plenty of folk who are unhappy about it.

If people are breaking the rules or committing crimes then get them banned or get the police involved.

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's not going to deter anyone stupid enough to behave that way in the first place - in fact I think it makes similar incidents *more* likely if anything - and unless we're supposed to be self-policing each other in the ground then the vast majority who've done nothing wrong will end up getting tarred with the same brush.

I also think it tried to combine genuine troubling incidents with fair criticism of the board/manager/players. To dismiss the latter by saying fans are entitled was a big misstep IMO and I know plenty of folk who are unhappy about it.

If people are breaking the rules or committing crimes then get them banned or get the police involved.

Sums up my thoughts on it. 

It's certainly generated a fair bit of debate amongst fans if nothing else. 

16 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A culmination of abuse and vandalism? I think that's abundantly clear to anyone who can read.

It's not going to deter anyone? It might well do, if someone thinks they could end up with a ban then they might think twice. It'll make similar incidents more likely? Whit? Are you suggesting that folk who normally wouldn't cause trouble are now likely to start causing bother or that the existing trouble-makers are going to ramp up their troublesome ways? I'm failing to see logic there.

I don't know how you see that combination of abuse/fair criticism - your board actually state things haven't been good enough and accept responsibility!

Your board have said the same - if people are going to break rules then we'll involve the police where necessary, they even said if the video hadn't been deleted it would've been passed to them. I'm honestly amazed that so many of you have taken it as a slight on yourselves rather than the condemnation of bawbags in your support that it clearly is.

What is going to take for this man to be sacked? We’ve already lost 8 games before Christmas and we don’t score near enough goals to challenge. Disgrace this fraud is still in charge. Only the Pars, eh. Every other team seems to act on it.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

What is going to take for this man to be sacked? We’ve already lost 8 games before Christmas and we don’t score near enough goals to challenge. Disgrace this fraud is still in charge. Only the Pars, eh. Every other team seems to act on it.

Did you really think a 0-0 draw in awful weather against an ok Queens team was the match that AJ would get sacked?

As for him being a "Fraud" I don't think he has ever claimed to be anything more than a manager at this level.

Every team doesn't punt their manager after terrible runs for good or for bad. 

Anyway have a nice night its nearly Christmas 0-0 today was far better than last weeks result, lets hope for some kind of shock result against Ayr.