Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can't see anyone arguing about "getting shouty". I'm sure the majority of us have shouted stupid and silly things over the years and left it in the moment. It's another to get personal with someone's family, if what I've heard re: Craigan is true. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

I can't see anyone arguing about "getting shouty". I'm sure the majority of us have shouted stupid and silly things over the years and left it in the moment. It's another to get personal with someone's family, if what I've heard re: Craigan is true. 

Yes absolutely. So deal with that one moron rather than tarring the full support with the same brush in a rambling statement.

I agree with the sentiment of the statement. There has clearly been stuff going on that crosses the line and that is unacceptable. Some of the stuff can be debated though as Grant has stated. I mean that window getting smashed could've been anybody.  The sink issue is very strange, why did nobody see it over flowing if there were still Pars fans in the pub. And if it was the last person, then don't the staff check the toilets before locking up?

Anyway, the good intentions of the statement gets a bit lost when he starts going off on a tangent about other things. It feels like it's be written in anger.  I hope it's not a sign that this is getting too much for him. He's done a lot of good for the club and I hope he stays. Just hope he puts AJ soon.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

If you read it, the whole support isn't getting tarred with the same brush. 

Although, why not identify those responsible and ban them? Or if it's serious enough, get the police involved? You wouldn't have to make clarifications in a *long* statement that way.

I know he's annoyed and I'm sure any one of us would be in his position as well. That doesn't mean this was a sensible move.

I regularly see taps left on and paper towels dumped next to the sink and not in the dispenser. May have been an accident. Nobody knows.

That's why I hope they have caught a Pars fan red headed before accusing Pars fans on deliberately doing it.  Not saying it's not a Pars fan but there was no indication of catching the culprits of this or the smashed window, so how can you say it's 100% a Pars fan?

The story about Williamson's girlfriend has two sides too, but it appears only one side has been listened to.

Ross has dropped the baw here.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've seen the blocking the sink thing in both Legends and Charlie D's before a few times. Brainless stuff. 

I've seen it at my work as well (more than one workplace). You wonder what such morons get out of it. I thought that shit stopped at school.

Vandalising your own stand is a new kind of fucking mental though. Every club has problems with fans who take abusing players too far but that is a new one on me.

ETA: It is also a pretty fucking rambling statement, goes on and on a bit. Reads like it was written at 2am after a few too many brandies.

Edited by GMBairn

I'm a big fan of the chairman by and large, and before this I hadn't had any real issue with any of his statements. The current board is the first in my time as a Dunfermline fan who have ran us a sustainable football club, I'm a big fan of them, whenever we release good news with regards to posting profits, hosting supporters meetings I'm always game for saying great things about the board. However I don't think they should be immune from criticism when they do f**k up, and over the past couple of month's they've fucked up. 

Pars fans seem to be getting a bit of a dose of reality this season. Being a sustainable club probably means a lot more seasons like this for the Pars, and a lot less of top six in the SPL, as was, and winning the title with money you didn’t have. A section of your fans don’t appear to be taking this well at all.

43 minutes ago, Enigma said:
5 hours ago, Grant228 said:
I'm a big fan of the chairman by and large, and before this I hadn't had any real issue with any of his statements. The current board is the first in my time as a Dunfermline fan who have ran us a sustainable football club, I'm a big fan of them, whenever we release good news with regards to posting profits, hosting supporters meetings I'm always game for saying great things about the board. However I don't think they should be immune from criticism when they do f**k up, and over the past couple of month's they've fucked up. 

Pars fans seem to be getting a bit of a dose of reality this season. Being a sustainable club probably means a lot more seasons like this for the Pars, and a lot less of top six in the SPL, as was, and winning the title with money you didn’t have. A section of your fans don’t appear to be taking this well at all.

Eh? Well that's absolutely nonsense, back down to the seaside leagues you go, cheers. 

2 hours ago, JFPar said:

So someone has sent a video to the family of a player? Again, just like the toilets flooding and smashing of windows, why would anyone do that. Sounds like absolute bollocks. Not calling RM a liar, but it sounds so unbelievable.

Sounds like someone sent a Snapchat, and we've bunged it into our statement. 

Why are people total c***s? Imagine being the type of person who launches personal attacks to someone’s family because the football isn’t going your way. Mental.

7 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Some awful incidents in there no doubt and there is no excusing this type of behaviour, whoever the perpetrators may support but lets be very fair, there was large sections of the support chanting for AJ to be punted several months ago and these noises have increased each passing week, there were even fans in the NW having a pop at each other over it. Perhaps if the chairman and board had made the correct decision to oust him when it was clearly evident things were starting to get more than just vocal and more widespread it wouldn't have escalated to this point. He must take some of the criticism at his door as well as the manager imo. I am not excusing this behaviour however. 

What certainly will not sit well with every fan surely though is the glossing over of how bad the performances are and the almost underlying tone that this is where we are at on the playing front and we need to accept that. Wrong, why should we? No other team would. Really didn't like the little pat on the back section about the board building our reputation back up and saving us also, all the fans helped save the club so why put that in? 

Some fucking season. And to quote the chairman, no doubt I'll get stick for this. 

Honest post bud . sometime people who sit around the top table are blinkered . yes some people might be upset about  the position your club is in but the board dont seem to be doing anything about it . 

IMO they can't afford to get rid of AJ and SC 

His record this season is shocking 

Anyone criticising the statement needs to have a word with their self. I’ve read some nonsense on here in the past but some of what’s been written here about it really takes the cake.

From pseudo justification because the manager has not been sacked, to it’s probably not even our fans deniers. Are you saying that this stuff should just be kept quiet? Left unchecked, it will just get worse.

Be vigilant, call out these cretins when you see them.