Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Took the piss with the length of that statement. Keep it short and get to the point. Tell us what has been done, what actions the club and other fans can take to ensure it doesn't continue. Share disappointment and condemn the actions of the perpetrators. And close out by thanking the rest for their support. 

There were multiple paragraphs of no substance whatsoever. Even a bit about saying he'll get criticism for making the statement. Why would you put that in?

The bit about targeting family members was bewildering to say the least. I can't ever imagine taking football that seriously. A group of young guys going after and clearly trying to intimidate women close to the players is utterly disgusting, one the guys having to be held back by others? What the f**k.

18 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

A group of young guys going after and clearly trying to intimidate women close to the players is utterly disgusting, one the guys having to be held back by others? What the f**k.

This isn't true if we're referring to Saturday. There was one guy, there was a small 30 second argument and then they were separated. The guy was completely in the wrong and I apologised I'm sure. He was pushed away but he didn't have to be held back. I don't know the fan but I seen the incident.

There wasn't a "group of guys trying to intimidate women".

2 hours ago, JFPar said:

People are mental. I'm not happy just now and don't agree with everything Ross has said in his statement, but if I seen anyone blocking/flooding sinks which caused damage I'd be quite happy to give them a thump.

You lot need some self-policing like TA manage. Sort yourselves out.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What the f**k is wrong with people? Costing our club time and money to fix all this?! I fucking hope the c***s are caught and exposed.

Read the statement again, how many Pars fans have actually done anything wrong, 1, possibly 2? It's a long rambling piece of nonsense that goes off on a few tangents. The only confirmed incident which was done by a Pars fan was the video nonsense, and is that enough to get a statement like that put up? 

He's done far more damage for prospective sponsors than what any fan incident this year has achieved. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You can almost guarantee that there will be a few utter p***ks giving it the "You can stick your fucking statement up your arse!" stuff at the next game they're at. .

Probably because it's an absolutely ridiculous statement. It's a fucking shocker. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've seen the blocking the sink thing in both Legends and Charlie D's before a few times. Brainless stuff. 

And again, not confirmed to be Pars fans. 

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

. A group of young guys going after and clearly trying to intimidate women close to the players is utterly disgusting, one the guys having to be held back by others? What the f**k.

Didn't happen like that which makes it all the more bewildering it was in the statement. 

There will be some angst amongst some of the support from that and I can't blame them, it's been shockingly handled, whilst simultaneously being shockingly written. The board have made a c**t of it the last two months. 

Nah don't agree. Think it's shite to try and say it wasn't Pars fans as well.

What about the shite like sending a video to a player's family and abusing club shop workers? Going by the statement they were just a number of quite a few incidents. I think the club have to call folk on that shit.

Not sure about how they've made a c**t of it in the last two months. You can only mean they haven't sacked the manager? No idea why they haven't but then no club release statements saying why they haven't sacked a manager (and if they did they'd have to release them fairly often!).

Anyway, the fact that such incidents have happened surely shows that there are some who are entitled wanks? Imagine going that mental because we've had a shit few months?! :lol:

We've been shit before and will be again.

Edited by DA Baracus

Grant, I don't know you but you always give good contribution on here, even when I disagree with your points. 

However, you're barking up the completely wrong tree by trying to justify why the statement is nonsense. 

Who else could do such a stupid thing in the toilets in Legends? I'm sure that it's a home fan only place nowadays, it's almost certain to be a supporter, or someone that a supporter has brought with them in which case they need to get new friends. Who else is it likely to be!? 

How has it been shockingly handled? How else do you want the club to react to a bunch of incidents happening over a short period of time? 

Can you be really honest here, is there a part of you that feels that these actions are somehow justified because of how the team is doing right now, or because of your personal thoughts on the chairman? It's almost as though your taking his criticism personally, when he states numerous times that it's literally a handful of people at most he's criticising.

Also, nothing justifies that awful "up yer arse" patter. That's utterly fucking grim and I won't accept any justifications for that whatsoever. Not even because of the whole homophobic angle, but because it's simply utterly cringeworthy, pointless and does nothing to help OUR team in the slightest. 

As for anyone else coming out the the awful, also cringworthy snowflake patter regarding other fans, McArthur or anyone else that is speaking up against some of these actions, get yourselves to f**k, thinking you're clever using the latest buzz word on the internet. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah don't agree. Think it's shite to try and say it wasn't Pars fans as well.

What about the shite like sending a video to a player's family and abusing club shop workers? Going by the statement they were just a number of quite a few incidents. I think the club have to call folk on that shit.

How's it shite to says it's not pars fans? Literally no one has any idea who it was, but I find it more plausible for it to be away fans, should we always just presume the worst is always the fault of Pars fans? 

Sending a bad Snapchat, while awful I'm sure shouldn't lead to our club releasing a statement, both that and the abuse of the shop workers should be open and shut cases where the guilty party are known. 

The club do, in the way they've done it? No. 

Some awful incidents in there no doubt and there is no excusing this type of behaviour, whoever the perpetrators may support but lets be very fair, there was large sections of the support chanting for AJ to be punted several months ago and these noises have increased each passing week, there were even fans in the NW having a pop at each other over it. Perhaps if the chairman and board had made the correct decision to oust him when it was clearly evident things were starting to get more than just vocal and more widespread it wouldn't have escalated to this point. He must take some of the criticism at his door as well as the manager imo. I am not excusing this behaviour however. 

What certainly will not sit well with every fan surely though is the glossing over of how bad the performances are and the almost underlying tone that this is where we are at on the playing front and we need to accept that. Wrong, why should we? No other team would. Really didn't like the little pat on the back section about the board building our reputation back up and saving us also, all the fans helped save the club so why put that in? 

Some fucking season. And to quote the chairman, no doubt I'll get stick for this. 

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Grant, I don't know you but you always give good contribution on here, even when I disagree with your points. 

However, you're barking up the completely wrong tree by trying to justify why the statement is nonsense. 

Who else could do such a stupid thing in the toilets in Legends? I'm sure that it's a home fan only place nowadays, it's almost certain to be a supporter, or someone that a supporter has brought with them in which case they need to get new friends. Who else is it likely to be!? 

How has it been shockingly handled? How else do you want the club to react to a bunch of incidents happening over a short period of time? 

Can you be really honest here, is there a part of you that feels that these actions are somehow justified because of how the team is doing right now, or because of your personal thoughts on the chairman? It's almost as though your taking his criticism personally, when he states numerous times that it's literally a handful of people at most he's criticising.

Also, nothing justifies that awful "up yer arse" patter. That's utterly fucking grim and I won't accept any justifications for that whatsoever. Not even because of the whole homophobic angle, but because it's simply utterly cringeworthy, pointless and does nothing to help OUR team in the slightest. 

As for anyone else coming out the the awful, also cringworthy snowflake patter regarding other fans, McArthur or anyone else that is speaking up against some of these actions, get yourselves to f**k, thinking you're clever using the latest buzz word on the internet. 

It's likely to be away fans, when I go into legends I go in with plain clothes, I've never been asked if I'm a Pars fan, a large portion of those that go to legends are regulars who go every week, you don't shit on your own doorstep.

I want them to deal with the incidents properly, as I've said in the previous post the vast majority of those incidents the perpetrators will be known, they should be dealt with and punished accordingly, I want the club to be honest in the statements, the bit about Williamsons girlfriend for example has been met with plenty of contradictory statements from those that seen it happen. 

I don't think any of the above incidents are justified, do I think that people criticising the team and management is justified? Aye absolutely, in the correct manner. However in the previous games the atmosphere hasn't reached anywhere near the poisonous levels of the late Kenny and Hay eras, not even close. 

I'm a big fan of the chairman by and large, and before this I hadn't had any real issue with any of his statements. The current board is the first in my time as a Dunfermline fan who have ran us a sustainable football club, I'm a big fan of them, whenever we release good news with regards to posting profits, hosting supporters meetings I'm always game for saying great things about the board. However I don't think they should be immune from criticism when they do f**k up, and over the past couple of month's they've fucked up. 

Are we talking about the Scott McDonald chants? Aye I'm not a fan of them, however telling someone to shove something metaphorically up there arse is a fairly common way to show displeasure at something someone has said surely? "You can shove your apology up your arse", is that homophobic? 

My issue is that it's an utterly pointless, over the top statement which achieves nothing, are the national media reporting it as handful of fans? Are they f**k. Are people going to double check with the COWS after reading whatever the national media put out? No. That statement will do more harm than good. 

41 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Perhaps if the chairman and board had made the correct decision to oust him when it was clearly evident things were starting to get more than just vocal and more widespread it wouldn't have escalated to this point. He must take some of the criticism at his door as well as the manager imo. I am not excusing this behaviour however. 

What certainly will not sit well with every fan surely though is the glossing over of how bad the performances are and the almost underlying tone that this is where we are at on the playing front and we need to accept that. Wrong, why should we? No other team would. Really didn't like the little pat on the back section about the board building our reputation back up and saving us also, all the fans helped save the club so why put that in? 

Nah that's bang on the money, keep up the great work. 

First off, as I said earlier in the thread, anyone that's shouting at families in the stand is clearly a moron and should be actively encouraged to do something else with their Saturday afternoons. Same goes for people found to be vandalising windows or bathrooms at the ground. If you behave like this then you're a p***k.

That statement though...yikes. It's crazy to think Ross mentions damage to the club's reputation and then publishes a rambling online piece which has been picked up by STV, BBC, Daily Record, Courier etc. I'd say the statement highlighting these incidents has brought them to a far bigger audience and will put off potential sponsors far more than a few drunken idiots. It'll also not act as a deterrent for anyone stupid enough to behave in that manner.

It also rammed home the point that a lot of people have complained about recently; this idea that fans are lucky to still have a club and should shut up and be grateful. I know people will argue that's not the case but it's certainly the way communications from the club come across to me and many others.

The people in charge have done a superb job in getting the club back on an even keel but we're not a minnow in this division and should be performing far better. Trying to ask football fans to think logically is a poor idea though, as no logical person would spend the amount of money we do to support our club.

This won't cause people to unite, it won't make the club look better to investors and will only lead to people being totally disillusioned with it all. The football is awful, the weather is cold and the fans and club are at each other's throats - why would that encourage a single soul to pay £18?

I feel bad for Ross as he was clearly very angry when he wrote that piece but I don't see how this improves things at all.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

I was under under the impression the chant was "Scott McDonald takes it up the arse". Which doesn't quite sound like the correct phrasing to tell someone to stick something up their own arse. I'd hope these chants aren't still going, he's not even around anymore to hear them so lets put this nonsense to bed for good.

Similar sized club to Falkirk from a similar sized town, I'd imagine we have a similar demographic and make up across our support. It's one thing to hit a handful of idiots with bans, it's another altogether to imply that there is a massive problem within your fanbase as a whole. Both Falkirk and Dunfermline's boards seem to hold their own fans in contempt.

Part of the fun of going to the football is having a few and getting shouty. That is acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Intimidating behaviour by one or two zoomers shouldn't preclude others from using the football as a bit of a release.