Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I'm serious when I say this: he is one of the wort players I have seen at the club in the past 10 years. He is honestly so shite. 

One of the worst? You might be underestimating the number of utter fucking diddies we've had since 2008.

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

One of the worst? You might be underestimating the number of utter fucking diddies we've had since 2008.

Yes, one of the worst. He is utter, utter pish. 

On 01/12/2018 at 11:50, Grant228 said:

Aye, Celtic have a budget of double anyone in Scotland, just a coincidence they're winning everything IN Scotland right enough. 

A bigger budget gives you a far better chance of success, no idea why anyone would say different. 

It increases your chances yes, especially in a top division that you have dominated for the majority of its existence.

In leagues like this it has been proven time and time again that the size of your budget does not make that much of a difference.

Undoubtedly The edinburgh clubs and the **** will be thrown up as evidence to the contrary but all of those were anomalies of clubs far, far too big for this division ending up here by bizarre and hilarious twists of fate, only one of those three managed to get out at the first time of asking too, despite having budgets that dwarved the rest of the clubs in this division.

Clubs with stronger financial backing tend to have the ability to rebuild and repeatedly assemble a squad aiming for promotion so eventually end up getting themselves out through sheer persistence, but more often than not it is the club who spends wisely rather than the most who ends up on top.

It's not the size of your cock but what you do with it etc

It's an especially daft point to make after Livi got promoted last season and as Ayr currently sit top of the league,

It increases your chances yes, especially in a top division that you have dominated for the majority of its existence.
In leagues like this it has been proven time and time again that the size of your budget does not make that much of a difference.
Undoubtedly The edinburgh clubs and the **** will be thrown up as evidence to the contrary but all of those were anomalies of clubs far, far too big for this division ending up here by bizarre and hilarious twists of fate, only one of those three managed to get out at the first time of asking too, despite having budgets that dwarved the rest of the clubs in this division.
Clubs with stronger financial backing tend to have the ability to rebuild and repeatedly assemble a squad aiming for promotion so eventually end up getting themselves out through sheer persistence, but more often than not it is the club who spends wisely rather than the most who ends up on top.
It's not the size of your cock but what you do with it etc
It's an especially daft point to make after Livi got promoted last season and as Ayr currently sit top of the league,

You can have a bigger budget than all the other teams but you’ll still need a good manager to make it count.

I’m sure the season you guys finished 7th you would’ve had a budget that should’ve had you competing at the top of the table but poor management halted that.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can have a bigger budget than all the other teams but you’ll still need a good manager to make it count.

I’m sure the season you guys finished 7th you would’ve had a budget that should’ve had you competing at the top of the table but poor management halted that.

Jim Jefferies and John Potter would have struggled to get Barcelona promoted from League One that season.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We had a budget that should have blow away the rest of the league, never mind competing. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not getting the hate for Hippolyte. He's been fine. Nothing special, nothing terrible. He's scored a couple and has set up a couple.

It's not hate and he's not been fine. I haven't seen him play really well once and his best display was a brief cameo at Falkirk.

He's been a poor signing thus far.

So no worse than the anyone else then? And that contribution is more than some. 
Less than Connolly and Longridge from out wide in my view. They both offer much more. Karl too when he's not off his head. Craigan offers something different, a more Paton like player and I'd have him over Hippo any day.

Up front? Fez is a far better player, Ryan more natural poacher despite his barren run, Keena has impressed since coming in and Muirhead hasn't had much chance yet.

I don't hate him ffs but I think he's been poorer than most in the positions he's played.

On the Hipolyte thing I’m not sure he’s that bad really. Certainly strong and good on the ball, he’s a winger imo and deserves a run in that position.

I remember his goal for Falkirk, cutting inside and shooting. I think he has the attributes to do this, he’s never a striker but could be put up as a target for the final few mins. 

Muirhead looks much more of a slow heavy legged player imo. We have three players signed who can play left wing but none are as good as Cardle.

Says it all really.

Faiss, Keena, Ryan, Muirhead, Higgy, Connolly, Longridge have all been better than Hippo so far and I don't even rate a few of them.

We'd be better off playing guys like Lewis McCann and Callum Smith. A decent chance they might not be up for it either but at least it would cost a hell of a lot less in wages. Plus if they do perform well then there's a chance we could make a bit of money out of them down the road.

As much as I like Robinson, I also think we should be looking to get Cammy Gill more involved for the same reason. He's been involved with the Scotland youth team and a run of first team games could definitely earn him a decent move. I know it won't happen and can totally understand why it won't but I think it would be a pragmatic move, especially once/if safety is assured.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre