Walking Down The Halbeath Road

49 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

We,ll be on the same thread next season

On the same thread? Are those rumours of a Fife merger finally coming to fruition?

Can't say I'm surprised tbh. Was only a matter of time before the wee team got swallowed up by Fife's Finest.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Also don't know why he's getting such personal abuse. 'Tosser', 'arsehole', 'clown', 'p***k', 'moron', 'scumbag', 'charlatan' are just a few of the insults I've seen directed towards the manager.

Why? It's not like he's deliberately not winning. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve that.

Yeah, it's unnecessary.

Believe me, I was utterly fucking seething at the game on Saturday and can totally understand why people are frustrated and agree that AJ should be punted. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy or absolutely terrible at his job.

Problem is the longer the club don't make a decision the more personal the stick will get. Or alternatively, folk will just stopping going to games which is probably even worse.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Dundee United are comfortably bigger than you. Partick, Falkirk and County also have more recently been much more successful. You’re where you are on merit. You’re probably, give or take, where you should be in the ‘natural order’.

That's cute, this guys lashing out because people are pointing out he's talking nonsense. 

Quick everyone, point and laugh. 

23 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Had a fairly awful day so I decided to distract myself/geek out by looking at AJ's record in the Championship a bit closer.

He's been in charge of the Pars for 87 games at this level, if we include last season's Premiership play-off quarter-final. His record in full: P 87  W  32 D 37 L 28 for a win percentage of 36.8%.

This season has seen us lose six matches out of our first 13. In comparison, we only lost 10 league games during the whole of last term (once again, this includes the play-off defeat at Tannadice) and are also already halfway towards the loss total of our first season up - despite having 23 games still to play.

One of the main complaints Pars fans have with AJ is that "he has no Plan B" when things go wrong in a match. To try and test this theory, I decided to look at our record under AJ when we go behind. The first figure is how many times we came back to win after conceding the first goal and the second figure is how many times we failed.

16/17: 2/16

17/18: 0/9

18/19: 1/6

Of course, you'd expect most teams to lose when they concede first but our record is particularly poor. In the 31 matches that we've conceded first, we've only come back to win three. One was the opening day of this season at Dundee United, while the other two were madcap 4-3 wins against Dumbarton and St Mirren in 2016, two sides who only avoided the relegation play-off that season on goal difference.

Long story short, we've won just one league game in over two years in which we've conceded first. 

I have no idea if these stats are of any use whatsoever but kept me busy for a bit.

Good work, really does highlight how poor we've been at times.

The 2 goals at home all season is the one stat that's really pissing me off at the moment. 

Trying to think of any games that we came back from under AJ.

The only biggish one I can remember was when we won at Ayr and Hopkirk scored the winner after coming on. Dumbarton at home then we collapsed and nearly lost it. Grant had some good stats about us beating full time sides up until a year back. It's pretty shocking stuff really. Most of AJs good work and reputation has come from QOTS and us with championship level full time sides in league one. I do think he did a good job in league one but tbh what was expected. With a bit of cash Ayr would have beaten us to the title.

Difficult decision for the board to make now, we need a manager who has a track record of getting the best out of his side. We have a budget, setup and a support to challenge for the title. 

Edited by D.A.F.C

Also any abuse of AJ is out of order. What I have noticed though is more worrying. When we concede late on quite a few fans just up and walk out. I always have a laugh and joke with my Dad about what AJ will do at half time. It's a joke because it's always nothing.

No subs, no positional changes and no tactical changes. 

Hope people don't fall for Higgy's patter btw. He went over to the North West by himself to try and distance himself from the rest of the team and manager. Thought he was trying to be cute and avoid the flak everyone else was getting.

I'd agree it was a joke he was subbed but I'm a firm believer in winning and losing together. He's still one of my favourites in the team but wasn't a fan of that.