Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If we sack AJ then that's £100k (unless we keep Sandy on) do we have that kind of cash to throw at him. Obviously going down would be a even worse however I can't see that happening atm. I thought the first half was fine tactically AJ can't put the ball in the net him self but the second half we started slowly and then the changes were really strange Williamson was struggling and I would have gone 3 at the back and put on Muirhead for Williamson but to take higgy off was just a strange move 

Obviously I’m not privy to clubs financial data but looking at crowd sizes and the centenary fund we should on paper have a top four budget.

Ross County are the Man City of the championship, then United. 

I would say it’s between us, Patrick and Falkirk for third to fifth.

ICT definitely cut back on spending, Robertson said as much and again you have to say well done. A team with limited spending power have been unbeaten for months. They looked shambolic at the start of last season.

You would be shocked at the money Ayr are spending. Same as Livingston.

St Mirren definitely had a lower budget than us when we signed Reilly. One of their coaches was on bbc radio and said they wanted him but couldn’t compete.

We probably had a bigger budget than most championship teams when we were in league one.

1 hour ago, OwenDAFC said:

How is it £100k?

Each coach has 18 months on their contract which is 36 months in total and I doubt they will be on less than £3k a month if averaged between Sandy and AJ

Consider this a cease and desist order.

Budget patter belongs to us, you have all of our old shitey players so you are not allowed to take our old shitey patter as well.

Don't even think about having a crowd w**k either or I swear to God I will phone the polis.

Falkirk said they gave their biggest budget in many years to Hartley.

The Centenary fund goes on general operating expenses and not the player budget. So many folk seem to think that this fund means we should be able to go out and sign a load of players. The accounts were published just a couple of weeks ago. Have a look.

The manager did sign a load of players so the board have backed him, and I imagine the player budget would be more than half the league.

Obviously I’m not privy to clubs financial data but looking at crowd sizes and the centenary fund we should on paper have a top four budget.
Ross County are the Man City of the championship, then United. 
I would say it’s between us, Patrick and Falkirk for third to fifth.
ICT definitely cut back on spending, Robertson said as much and again you have to say well done. A team with limited spending power have been unbeaten for months. They looked shambolic at the start of last season.
You would be shocked at the money Ayr are spending. Same as Livingston.
St Mirren definitely had a lower budget than us when we signed Reilly. One of their coaches was on bbc radio and said they wanted him but couldn’t compete.
We probably had a bigger budget than most championship teams when we were in league one.

Nether john Robertson or the unnamed st mirren director know our budget.

It suits both to understate their budgets.

Both clubs were in receipt of parachute payments, it's safe to say the aren't that desperate.

St mirren also have a completely paid off modern stadium and training ground, we have no training facilities of our own and are renting eep. Any guess at player budget takes a lot more than a glance at crowdsizes, especially given we all know ours to be overinflated.

That said i do think you are roughly right to have us top 4, however IMO this league is probably split into 4, county and Dundee United easily take top 2, ourselves, falkirk, Patrick and Inverness should be competing for the play off spots, Morton QoS(who even having a lesser budget still have the wages of the best player in the division paid by a benifactor) and ayr fill the next group and alloa a bit behind.

Each coach has 18 months on their contract which is 36 months in total and I doubt they will be on less than £3k a month if averaged between Sandy and AJ

Skyline drifter(who knows a thing or two about spfl spending, as far as I'm aware he's the only one on here who will have seen detailed spending of any club at our level) has stated that termination clauses are common for managers at this level. Obviously nobody but the board and AJ will know the amount if he has one and only the board will know if that figure can be considered affordable. It is very unlikely this will be the full amount of the remaining contract.

Also is it possible that there may be a clause if we don’t at least finish top four?

He was talking about challenging for the title so we should be within a win or two for the top. At the moment we are 15 points off and our home form is relegation material. Absolutely shocking tbf.

We rent EEP? From who?

Pars united(EEP). It's a group of individuals who bought east end during admin. The lease is out there somewhere but it's ridiculously secure.(clauses including no above inflation costs, if the ground is sold a equivalent must be build within the town boundaries etc, the normal pars united also have cat b shares the amount to 25% meaning not much can be changed without dafc approval.

IIRC it was initially ment to be about £50k a year, but it's went up a little since the gym was built(however we have saved the same amount by not paying players gym fees)

I know the money does to an extent go round in circles given those individuals also have shares in and donate money to pars united and by extension the club. But they did pay a fair amount for the ground and they are right to get some of it back.

McIntyre says we have recall options on our players that are currently out on loan in January. 

You lads are now the experts on this matter. First of all, how have Vincent and El Bahk been? I'd imagine the answer is fairly underwhelming considering you're not having the greatest of seasons. I'm sure a few of you will now be seeing what Dundee fans said about El Bahk compared to the destroyer you had previously.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, do you think either would qualify as a McIntyre style player? We've not much quality at the moment anyways so it's not that important if they've both been pish it's more the style I'm asking about with this one!

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McIntyre says we have recall options on our players that are currently out on loan in January. 

You lads are now the experts on this matter. First of all, how have Vincent and El Bahk been? I'd imagine the answer is fairly underwhelming considering you're not having the greatest of seasons. I'm sure a few of you will now be seeing what Dundee fans said about El Bahk compared to the destroyer you had previously.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, do you think either would qualify as a McIntyre style player? We've not much quality at the moment anyways so it's not that important if they've both been pish it's more the style I'm asking about with this one!

Cheers.

Never mind them, one of you arseholes has to drive down to falkirk and collect haber. 

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm fascinated by the people that think football clubs will pay entire contracts out in full, rather than coming to some sort of settlement figure.

Exactly, hence the phrase “mutual consent”.  

To wit, I hope our board have the guts to mutually consent AJs backside out the door tomorrow.  However I fear not.  

The moderating elsewhere has gone to shit. The lizi FB page the latest to start deleting posts because someone cries at being called an idiot for wanting the reserves to start, refusing to name his first 11 and then claim "fishing" like a moronic little child.

6 hours ago, parsboi said:

Exactly, hence the phrase “mutual consent”.  

To wit, I hope our board have the guts to mutually consent AJs backside out the door tomorrow.  However I fear not.  

Aye it's all about 'having the guts' to do it. There's definitely not more to it and it definitely boils down to that and that alone.

33 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The moderating elsewhere has gone to shit. The lizi FB page the latest to start deleting posts because someone cries at being called an idiot for wanting the reserves to start, refusing to name his first 11 and then claim "fishing" like a moronic little child.

Watch out, you'll be accused of being seething.

Moderating on single fan sites and groups always gets a bit silly when the team isn't doing well.