Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I did think it was fucking ballsy to give the fans a lecture about not being "complacent" as we slithered to a pathetic derby defeat, with no hint that AJ's future is in jeopardy.

That being said, the club's been well run from what I can see and a lot of people deserve a lot of credit. One of the main reasons I want AJ gone is so the negative feeling doesn't become toxic.

Another classic; the board 'don't have the balls' to sack the manager.

Frighteningly stupid and simplistic stuff. I'm not even sure what it means. Are people really suggesting that the board are scared of firing the manager? That they would like to but are too afraid?

Not like the shitebags saying such pish would have the first clue about having the balls to do something. 

I should make clear that the board should be accountable and questioned at all times. I think it was right they gave the manager time but they definitely should be punting him now. Can't see why the board are being so heavily criticised and questioned in this manner.

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It’s almost 2pm and there has been no announcement of his departure. I won’t be back until he’s gone. Yesterday was the last straw for me. This season has been a total shambles.

:bairn

Anyway, there won't be an announcement today. Doubt there will be one this week. In fact I doubt he'll be getting the sack as it stands.

He should though.

Board need to try and get a replacement and as said now is a good time with the international break. I do blame them for giving aj a two year deal when all our best players were leaving and he just scraped into the playoffs and then collapsed.
Same old story not taking chances need to defend cut out mistakes. Well fix it then!
It's getting tiresome.

Honestly cannot get my head round people saying we should stick with because the new replacement might be worse. The equivalent to sticking with a bird who makes your life a misery just in case the next one is even worse.

Unreal.

Yer upcoming Morton and Patrick games will probably determine if AJ gets the boot and if you add yourselves to the bottom feeders in ourselves, Alloa and Partick. I hope he is still there December 29th as we will still need all the help we can get pre a transfer window, never ever rated AJ as a manager, all of his brownie points have been when the odds are stacked for him in the 3rd tier.

Edited by MrDust

41 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Board need to try and get a replacement and as said now is a good time with the international break. I do blame them for giving aj a two year deal when all our best players were leaving and he just scraped into the playoffs and then collapsed.
Same old story not taking chances need to defend cut out mistakes. Well fix it then!
It's getting tiresome.

So...sack the board then?

56 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yer upcoming Morton and Patrick games will probably determine if AJ gets the boot and if you add yourselves to the bottom feeders in ourselves, Alloa and Partick. I hope he is still there December 29th as we will still need all the help we can get pre a transfer window, never ever rated AJ as a manager, all of his brownie points have been when the odds are stacked for him in the 3rd tier.

To be fair to AJ he still improved our position after each season, but this time last year we were sitting 4th, touching distance from 3rd and comparing the squads between then and now we should certainly not be doing any worse than then. 

It's clear that he's done all he can with us. Even if we were to turn things around, what's the best (realistic) outcome? We finish either just in our outside the playoff places? If the board still believe that he is the manager who can get us promoted to the Premiership then they are extremely naive. 

He doesn't need to be hounded out of EEP; he initially did what was expected in his first season, he consolidated our position back in the Championship, and had a crack at the playoffs. Politely thank him for his efforts and let someone else take over. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

People are forgetting that we have a top four budget.

What is said budget and what are the budgets of the other clubs in the league?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just interested to know.

Edited by DA Baracus