Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You must be trolling if you support AJs decisions today. I said last season he was tactically poor and after the qots game he should have gone. Look at Livingston you watched them last season they weren't brilliant but with a great manager they're top six spl. You are stubborn but I respect your opinion.

His team kept Dobbie quiet - something most teams have struggled with however his substitutions today were odd. Like most things at this level if he did everything right he wouldn't still be with Dunfermline after 3 years, there is no-one in the Scottish football roundabout I would rather see in the Dunfermline dugout than AJ, someone with a bit of freshness may be welcome but I can't see it just now.

Ye, don't think there will be change, but there should be. 

Dobbie having a shite game is nothing to do with AJ or his team. He was gifted  a chance with a defensive blooper and sliced his shot. Nothing to do with our team

AJ's  in game management on the other hand. We were on the verge of winning a shitfest just like the Partick game until he created that tactical shambles.  I thought his M'Voto up front at Tannadice was bad, but yesterday took the biscuit.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Ye, don't think there will be change, but there should be. 

Dobbie having a shite game is nothing to do with AJ or his team. He was gifted  a chance with a defensive blooper and sliced his shot. Nothing to do with our team

AJ's  in game management on the other hand. We were on the verge of winning a shitfest just like the Partick game until he created that tactical shambles.  I thought his M'Voto up front at Tannadice was bad, but yesterday took the biscuit.

He didn`t slice his shot, he slipped and the ball actually came off his standing foot. You couldn`t have seen that from where the home fans are and of course your point re AJ may stand. Dobbie did have a poor game but he had zero service in all honesty.

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He didn`t slice his shot, he slipped and the ball actually came off his standing foot. You couldn`t have seen that from where the home fans are and of course your point re AJ may stand. Dobbie did have a poor game but he had zero service in all honesty.

I dont even know that he had a poor game, he just largely wasnt in it. Not sure Dunfermline can really take much credit from that. The tactics yesterday largely left him a thankless task. He was involved twice all game, once early on when Robinson was sharp off his line and beat him to the ball and once late on just before the goal when he slipped as he looked set to open the scoring.

Wasnt a day for Dobbie yesterday but he worked hard, chased back to defend when we were leading late on and was as happy as anyone with the result.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I dont even know that he had a poor game, he just largely wasnt in it. Not sure Dunfermline can really take much credit from that. The tactics yesterday largely left him a thankless task. He was involved twice all game, once early on when Robinson was sharp off his line and beat him to the ball and once late on just before the goal when he slipped as he looked set to open the scoring.

Wasnt a day for Dobbie yesterday but he worked hard, chased back to defend when we were leading late on and was as happy as anyone with the result.

That`s a very fair comment. Would agree how we set up did leave him with a thankless task. The tactics plus how we carried them out and to an extent Dunfermline`s failings meant we got a valuable 3 points. In general terms I`d rather our tactics looked to get the best out of a player who is exceptional at this level in all honesty.

That`s a very fair comment. Would agree how we set up did leave him with a thankless task. The tactics plus how we carried them out and to an extent Dunfermline`s failings meant we got a valuable 3 points. In general terms I`d rather our tactics looked to get the best out of a player who is exceptional at this level in all honesty.
I think most fans would. The commentator on Parstv said that Alloa had set up the same way and Dunfermline had struggled to break them down. Maybe thats what prompted Naysmith to do the same

Let's stick the smallest player in Scotland upfront straight after Fais misses a chance then change it back five mins later.
He's tactically inept. A total imposter.

Connolly moved into the number 10 role, behind the striker, in a 4-2-3-1, where Faiss had been playing for the entire second half, to that point. If you couldn’t see that, I’m afraid you’re the one that doesn’t understand tactics.

Personally, I’d have kept Connolly out on the wing and put Louis Longridge into the number 10 role. Longridge was very effective there, when we played our 3-5-2, so to leave him out wide in the 4-2-3-1 seemed like a very poor decision to me, but to suggest Connolly was playing as a striker makes me question whether you were even at the game.

He made the change when we were having our best spell of the match.  Sucked all the momentum out of our play.  The formation he employed was more suitable for playing Ross County away. We were playing a QOS side that we looking like they were there for taking. It's up there with the 4-6-0 in terms if daft tactics.

Sticking Connolly up front was unreal. Being real, this team isn't going up or be anywhere near the play offs.

I'll give him to the double header against Alloa and Falkirk. If they don't take 6 points from those 2, I won't be back until he's gone.

22 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We're chasing a game and we go one up front? Great. We also leave Muirhead on the bench?! Great. He must be more match fit than Keena at this stage, no?

Keena has been playing for Hearts' reserve side in the last couple of weeks, so it's probably a bit of a muchness.

I'm firmly in the 'getting behind AJ' camp and do not want to see him sacked. The substitutions did seem odd though. I wouldn't have changed anything, QotS seemed happy to have 10 behind the ball and we were still creating chances. Striked me as desperation.

Faissal should score from a couple of yards out and their keeper makes a really good save from Ashcroft when it looks a certain goal, if they go in the game is probably seen out comfortably and we are still plotting our way back into a title chase buzzing at our defence keeping the best player in the league down to a handful of touches.

Tough league when teams come to East End Park and are happy to set up camp in their own half.

The weird thing is that he identified it in league one. We played wingers. Now we play it back and forth and have two holding or defensive midfielders. Longridge isn't a wide player and Connolly isn't half as effective as wee Joe. It's completely the wrong setup to play against a team sitting in. You could see it coming a mile away. We need higgy back in asap or we are fucked.