Walking Down The Halbeath Road

To win the league you need to win pretty much all the games. Jim McIntyre existed. Jim Leishman existed. The alloa defenders look decent certainly better than Devine from what I have seen. I wasn't comparing them to Ashcroft or even Durnam. To get a decent 11 AJ needs to sign 20. It seems like Alloa need to sign 14 and get the best out of what they have. We make it really difficult for ourselves. Like having two midfielders or signing Devine.

we will stutter around mid table and could go into either playoff.  Both of which we would struggle due to tactical incompetence.

“We might struggle to not get relegated, but we could also be in the promotion playoffs.”

:lol:

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

To win the league you need to win pretty much all the games. Jim McIntyre existed. Jim Leishman existed. The alloa defenders look decent certainly better than Devine from what I have seen. I wasn't comparing them to Ashcroft or even Durnam. To get a decent 11 AJ needs to sign 20. It seems like Alloa need to sign 14 and get the best out of what they have. We make it really difficult for ourselves. Like having two midfielders or signing Devine.

Didn't mcintyre take 4 attempts to win the league, having not been close in his first few efforts? he also had guys like smith and keddie as starters, and committed the eternal sin of signing players during the season. 

I find it very odd to judge a managers success based on 2 or 3 seasons in the last 30 years.

Nobody is arguing AJ is a superstar or getting the absolute best out of his resources,  but nobody apart from you thinks that should result in him being sacked.

McIntyre had two seasons. I believe one was taking over from Kenny.

McIntyre took over in December of the 2007-08 season (finishing 5th). He failed to win promotion that year, and failed in 2008-09 (finishing 3rd) & 2009-10 (finishing 3rd again), before eventually winning the league in 2010-11. Do we just pick and choose which 2 seasons counted? There’s 3 and a half there...

Worth noting we went on a run in 2008-09, that we lost 5 out of 6 league games. We then lost 5 of our first 7 league games in the 2009-10 season. Later in the season, we also lost 4 out of 6 games. Bad runs are going to happen.

The year we won the league, we only won 20 of our 36 games, which is nowhere near all of them. Last season’s points tally of 59 is greater than any season under McIntyre, other than the year we won the league with 70 points.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Patrick was utterly dire and took a fuckup of mega proportions to get a chance. Falkirk were a joke side, somehow even worse than us.

This isn’t pish it’s factual that we are a shambles and this is despite having a very capable squad. Put this squad in the hands of McCall or Hopkin and we would be ten points better off.

I really don’t want to argue but until the board realise they have made a huge blunder and replace him we will stutter around mid table and could go into either playoff.  Both of which we would struggle due to tactical incompetence.

Someone shouted out something that rang true on Saturday ‘every fucking corner and set piece this season has been shite Johnston’.

Craigen, why is he not taking corners? I thought finally last season someone good at corners then he gets binned. It’s actually embarrassing.

Are you OK? Is this a cry for help? You can be honest. I'm reaching out to you right now. The help is here if you want it.

It’s always fun when folk come out with absolute nonsense and hope that nobody will put in the 5 minutes’ worth of research required to prove them wrong.