Walking Down The Halbeath Road

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

2 of them are garbage, 1 a red card every time he plays there, 1 apparently needed in midfield and Ashcroft.

Why is Ashcroft not included in the garbage pile? He's been at fault for more goals than anyone else? Also has Devine had the chance to play in a centre back pairing?

Martin has had 3 red cards in his entire career, including all of 0 last season.

Beadling might be better in midfield but it's hardly an area where we're short.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Why is Ashcroft not included in the garbage pile? He's been at fault for more goals than anyone else? Also has Devine had the chance to play in a centre back pairing?

Martin has had 3 red cards in his entire career, including all of 0 last season.

Beadling might be better in midfield but it's hardly an area where we're short.

Have to say Martin at centre half gives me the fear, however he was tremendous at left back last season.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Have to say Martin at centre half gives me the fear, however he was tremendous at left back last season.

It's an option for us though. Have he and Ashcroft played as a centre back pairing?

If it's in our budget and we can improve the quality, we should. If there's a competent right back for example out there, might be worth it to release Craigan back to mid and gives Williamson stern competition. Martin can also play there I guess.

Any news on the other Jambo striker on loan?

I'm sure it'll be one pool of funds, not by playing position. This is obvious, when we went half a season with barely a centre mid available.

Anyway, they're both shit. f**k em. If they now prove they're not, I'll be delighted and admit I was wrong. Happily.

Yes of course it's a pool and not by position.

However the board would surely be questioning why a load of signings were being made for the same position and wouldn't be happy to see folk written off after a few games and left to just collect a wage for nothing.

Yes of course it's a pool and not by position.
However the board would surely be questioning why a load of signings were being made for the same position and wouldn't be happy to see folk written off after a few games and left to just collect a wage for nothing.
I'd get someone to crock them "accidently" in training.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's an option for us though. Have he and Ashcroft played as a centre back pairing?

I believe he was playing at centre back with him when he got sent off against Falkirk.

I'm a big fan of Martin, atm I'd have him starting at CB if he was fit, I agree with your earlier post about the lack of criticism for Ashcroft.