Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's El Bahk cutting it playing in his 'natural position'?

Left up top with a disjointed shambles behind him. Nice touches and flicks but not help. El Bak is far from our biggest problem at the moment. How are Dundee getting on in their natural position?

23 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Left up top with a disjointed shambles behind him. Nice touches and flicks but not help. El Bak is far from our biggest problem at the moment. How are Dundee getting on in their natural position?

What, the premier league? Could be doing better, but looking at your fortunes, equally could be doing worse.

At half time yesterday I knew that we would just come out and play the same way and we did in the first half.

There was options on the bench and I thought it was obvious Vincent was struggling with getting closed down. Could he not have tried Martin in there or put an extra midfielder on? Muirhead was looking sluggish from the start and as AJ said after Boreham Wood was dead on his feet. Why on earth are we playing an unfit striker when Ryan is on the bench?

If we had started with Ryan, Martin and Connolly imo we would have been a much bigger threat. I also think Fais isn't getting used effectively and long balls to him is just stupid.

Its all very well saying he needs time but he has messed it up big time. All he had to do was keep the same system and sign replacements for Clark, Morris and McManus. There was too many players released for no reason like Cardle and we signed players like Durnam who everyone could see wasn't up to it. I've no doubt that eventually the quality of our attacking players will shine through but why is it the same every season with him? Look at ICT, they lost their best players and had a budget cut yet are top.

AJ is ok but not good enough unfortunately. The two year deal was crazy. Yesterday the crowd was so flat and disinterested there was zero spark or real quality from anyone. 

Edited by D.A.F.C

I think the most telling thing regarding AJ is that we are still asking the exact same questions of him tactically and recruitment wise that we did in our first Championship season so that implies he has not learned from his past errors. If he isn't doing that then how on earth are we ever going to be able to progress under his guidance.

The flatness of the crowd is also a bit worrying considering the rancid skid mark of a game we all sat watching, it's like we are now expecting and accepting inept displays which shouldn't be the case but I guess we are just used to it now.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

AJ is now the 8th longest-serving boss in Scottish football after Gus left QP for St Mirren today.

Only Jim McNally, Alan Archibald, Derek McInnes, Tommy Wright, Ian McCall, Martin Canning and Brown Ferguson have been in charge for longer.

Would take them all over Johnson.

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Would take them all over Johnson.

That's quite a list of good managers at good clubs, and McInally and Ferguson. 

A McInally/McCall management team would provoke quite a few strokes, I would imagine. Wee Jobby is a good coach when he has the players he wants in, but that first season? Would be painful. 

Not as painful as being bottom of the league, but still. 

Ayr have had a good start to the season but McCall's time at Ayr has been very mixed. Ayr stumbled to the title last year after nearly throwing it away in a big bottling run of results. Only the Wee Team's own bottling clinched it for them. He's also had Ayr relegated from the Championship after a pretty poor season. Yes, they were part time then but that was his choice.

It's a much tougher league this year. A repeat of 4th would be a big achievement IMO. 

What's Willo Flood up to now anyway? His training top is probably still hanging up. Beadling must be nearly fit. Be nice to have a midfield. Seems to be AJ's achilles heel.