Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It's fine we will just use our injured central midfielder.

Ah yes, that central midfielder that has spent the majority of his career playing CB? Beadling played CB on loan at Bury and at CB in the majority of games for Sunderland U23’s, who he captained last season. It’s only when he came here that he was turned into a central midfielder. But I get the feeling you’re not actually interested in facts.

13 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I don't think we've got loads of strikers. Plenty attacking options but no real out and out strikers.

Ryan is exactly that.

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

If you look at our striking options now it’s enough to make you cream yourself, but defence is going to let us down. One injury to a regular starting defender and we’re goosed.

Once Martin and Beadling are back we'll be fine.

Ayr getting pumped 3-0...

I imagine someone will turn that around to somehow make out that it's further 'proof' of how we're absolutely dreadful rather than that it shows that many teams in this league are good and that teams can and will have the occasional shocker

I'll get this in early; using what money?

And saying 'we can't afford to NOT sack him' doesn't magically make money appear in the club's bank account.

Other teams displaying a reckless approach to finance also does not magically make money appear in the club's bank account.

He's on thin ice. As some people said last season, he never really 'won' over the fans so it doesn't take much for the supporters to lose their patience with him, sometimes I find that unjustified but shipping 12 goals in the opening 4 league games is absolutely appalling. The 3-5-2 looked good in the Betfred Cup and worked against United but there's obviously something about that shape that just doesn't work with these players.

Back to a 4-4-2 for next week, but if he survives this week (I personally think he will) and we lose again he'll be on borrowed time.

I've never really been in the 'AJ Out' camp and I'm still not...but that was utterly woeful and I put up no defence of the manager or the players.

If you think the board are considering sacking him after four games though then you're off your head. He's very steadily improved our position year on year and only recently signed a two-year deal. That's not to say the last couple of results/performances haven't been unacceptable - which they undoubtedly have been - but AJ has proven on several occasions that he can turn around bad spells and get us back on the right track.

Alloa on the 15th is big game. We really have to win that match and a loss would be an absolute disaster for AJ.

On a serious note, AJ has managed to get more out of our ex players than either Houston or Hartley could.

You have a squad capable of the playoffs, especially going forward. Sounds like you need to tighten up at the back (adjust the formation?) and play to your forward players strengths, and you’ll be fine. It’s just whether AJ can do that.

I really don’t want him to go, I want him to just fix this.  He has done in the past but this time it does feel really terminal.  Watching our last three league games has been hard work.  

Agree with the above. Win v Alloa or it could be too much to come back from for him.

I really don’t want him to go, I want him to just fix this.  He has done in the past but this time it does feel really terminal.  Watching our last three league games has been hard work.  
Agree with the above. Win v Alloa or it could be too much to come back from for him.

From the outside looking in, back 3 isn’t working. Get Williamson and Higgy linking up, Beadling back when fit and you’ll probably be fine.

Can’t be doing with the sack the manager reactionary nonsense. AJ is probably as bewildered as the rest of us as to why you can have the same players/formation perform so admirably one week and be woeful the next. Okay, woeful the next two weeks.

Mistake yesterday was the decision to swap Higgy for Ryzo - it should have been another midfielder, probably Thomson and have L Longridge play on left.

Can’t understand why we can’t accommodate Higgy playing from the start anyway.

If the young team goes to Borehamwood, and puts in a solid performance, I’d be inclined to play them all in the next league game. There’s some real reactionary nonsense.

Can’t be doing with the sack the manager reactionary nonsense. AJ is probably as bewildered as the rest of us as to why you can have the same players/formation perform so admirably one week and be woeful the next. Okay, woeful the next two weeks.

Mistake yesterday was the decision to swap Higgy for Ryzo - it should have been another midfielder, probably Thomson and have L Longridge play on left.

Can’t understand why we can’t accommodate Higgy playing from the start anyway.

If the young team goes to Borehamwood, and puts in a solid performance, I’d be inclined to play them all in the next league game. There’s some real reactionary nonsense.

He must be bewildered if he thinks it was a good idea bringing in a central midfielder who has barely kicked a ball, another number 10 (are we trying to do an Arsenal by stockpiling hundreds of these types of players) and an injured young striker when we have no alternatives at full back and no pace at centre half.

He must be bewildered if he thinks it was a good idea bringing in a central midfielder who has barely kicked a ball, another number 10 (are we trying to do an Arsenal by stockpiling hundreds of these types of players) and an injured young striker when we have no alternatives at full back and no pace at centre half.
I think there's a plan ...but it's just none of us can work out what it is.