Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Oh man, the hysteria. Perfect storm of not playing well, not playing to the whistle, lucky breaks of the ball going Ayr’s way, the referee and Lino (unable to raise his flag) giving 50/50s Ayr’s way, (how many times was Hippo fouled and nowt given?), three pen claims denied.

Nothing to do with formation, not bringing on subs early enough or manager (same players and system worked well against Hearts last week.)

We’ll have better games.

Hyper-tension.

Reality check yesterday. Ayr handed our proverbial arse to us on a plate. Fair play.

Post match just went into the shop and bought 6 bottles of lager on the bus home.

Thing is I didn't go home. We went up the toun.

I went into a pal of mines company, Scott Thomson. How we could have done with him yesterday.

COYP

Well yesterday was fun!  Worst I’ve seen us play in a long long time.  Fair play to ayr, they were comfortably the better team, and didn’t even break sweat.  

Most annoying thing for me (!) was how the players ran off at half time - almost to get in the sanctuary of the dressing room. Common sense does leave you when you’re watching that nonsense on the pitch so I’m assuming they were dying to get new instruction to sort out the mess and get on with it rather than get an easier time from the manager than the fans ;)

One off game I hope.  But we do need to get to winning ways quickly starting with Inverness next week.  Good news is no team is running away with it so still only 4 points off the top.....

5 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

You're a smug dick mate.

Not my bag flinging abuse about but you're coming across all wrong.

Coming across wrong to you would make me seem to be a reasonable and thoughtful poster, which is absolutely not the impression I am trying to give.

Notes taken, lessons learnt, thank you xx

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Coming across wrong to you would make me seem to be a reasonable and thoughtful poster, which is absolutely not the impression I am trying to give.

Notes taken, lessons learnt, thank you xx

No need to thank me for anything.  

How's Vincent and El Bahk doing?

Faiss is still an utter baller, his first touch is a joy to watch. Not linking up great with hippolyte, many of us thought ryan would be a better partner but yesterday didn't go well either, I'd be interested to see if that partnership would click after a few games together. I'd also hoped he'd have matured the last few years and not let the bad challenges get to him but that's not the case and he's picking up too many bookings for either squaring up or putting in revenge efforts soon after.

Vincent is the same as last season, he'll never be spectacular but generally puts in reasonable performances (again yesterday was poor). When beadling gets fit he and Craigan will have to fight it out for 1 spot and at the moment I think craigan would get it.

5 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You realise that by missing out "some of" or "a few" or "many of", your generalisation includes you? Why have you such a downer on our fan base?

Salt of the earth.

Was maybe a tad unfair. I'm sure the quiet majority of Pars fans are lovely people and passionate about their club.

It's the vocal minority that make me want to do something else with my Saturday afternoon. For example the loudmouth making sarcastic "funny" comments at the back of the Norrie and every arsehole who's ever joined in with the "takes it up the arse" chants.

There’s always annoying fans in every club and stand/terrace. There’s an old guy in the main stand who attacks every ref every game and it’s as if he’s seeing something nobody else can. Pars player pulls on opponents shirt, clear booking. 

“You’re having a nightmare finnie”

One week he went mental when someone stayed on after treatment after a booking and obviously didn’t know about the new rule. It’s not so much the comments it’s just knowing that when we’re getting beat it’s always the fault of the ref.