Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are we ignoring the games the system has worked fine?

Also we switched to 4-4-2 at 1-0. 

So what system do we try next?

Shh, it's the systems fault, ignore the fact we played Hearts off the park using the exact same system.

Absolute Yer Da fans on here "If it's not four four fookin two it's not right"

You can ignore the Dundee game so that really just leaves hearts. 3-5-2 with the right players works. We just only have one good centre back and no proven penalty box scorer at this level. That said there is lots of very talented players but again we are too heavy in certain positions yet very light in others. When Beadling gets back and we hopefully get another striker in we should steady and finish around the top half to fourth. Anything else should be cheerio AJ.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You can ignore the Dundee game so that really just leaves hearts. 3-5-2 with the right players works. We just only have one good centre back and no proven penalty box scorer at this level. That said there is lots of very talented players but again we are too heavy in certain positions yet very light in others. When Beadling gets back and we hopefully get another striker in we should steady and finish around the top half to fourth. Anything else should be cheerio AJ.

Why can we ignore the Dundee game?

What about the Dundee United game? Bear in mind that the second goal they scored was a free kick in the 90th minute.

Why are Durnan and Devine suddenly written off after 2 losses in the league? Why are they more culpable than Ashcroft? Ashcroft played in the game we got pumped at home in against QOTS. By your logic he's pish and should be drummed out the club since we now base players on 2 league games.

Why are you so desperate to get rid of the manager? Why do you have no patience?

Why are you so hysterical? Why are you a football fan?

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Can I sit quietly in here for a bit? 

Aye come on in

I still think that a 4-2-3-1 would be our best formation. 

I'm not sure on the 5-3-2 formation, it's getting the best out of some players like the Longridge brothers, while literally everyone else in the defence is having a nightmare, it's also evidently not posing a great goalscoring threat, even when we seem to play well we're still not scoring. 

With the lack of advanced wingers we're getting Faiss to run the channels allot and it's often then just leaving one man in the box, I'm not terribly fond of it. 

Robinson 

Williamson-Ashcroft-Martin-Longridge 

Beadling-Vincent

Higginbotham-Longridge-Connolly 

Faiss 

Would be my favourite formation with everyone fit, we have our three most creative players while still providing some security to the defence. 

We have had the hardest start to the league campaign possible, a United side going for the title, a County side which has had plenty of money thrown at it and a very confident Ayr side. 

If we had had Ayr later on in the quarter that would've been nice. It wouldn't surprise me if we go the rest of the quarter unbeaten, however we need to tighten up that defence, our great run at the end of the season was built on not conceding, I'm confident with the creative players we have that the goals will come, I'm far less confident that with the defenders we have we'll tighten it up... 

I still think that a 4-2-3-1 would be our best formation. 

I'm not sure on the 5-3-2 formation, it's getting the best out of some players like the Longridge brothers, while literally everyone else in the defence is having a nightmare, it's also evidently not posing a great goalscoring threat, even when we seem to play well we're still not scoring. 
With the lack of advanced wingers we're getting Faiss to run the channels allot and it's often then just leaving one man in the box, I'm not terribly fond of it. 
Robinson 
Williamson-Ashcroft-Martin-Longridge 
Beadling-Vincent
Higginbotham-Longridge-Connolly 
Faiss 

Would be my favourite formation with everyone fit, we have our three most creative players while still providing some security to the defence. 

We have had the hardest start to the league campaign possible, a United side going for the title, a County side which has had plenty of money thrown at it and a very confident Ayr side. 
If we had had Ayr later on in the quarter that would've been nice. It wouldn't surprise me if we go the rest of the quarter unbeaten, however we need to tighten up that defence, our great run at the end of the season was built on not conceding, I'm confident with the creative players we have that the goals will come, I'm far less confident that with the defenders we have we'll tighten it up... 
Agreed 100% the whole team has been built around the LR bros and only 2/5 of the defenders seem competent. Higgy makes our team tick and has been left out. Upfront we lack a presence and although there's nice interplay it lacks a focal point.
We can't fail with so many talented players going forward but durnan and Devine just aren't good enough as is Williamson defensively. Anyone with a footballing brain could see that before a ball was kicked.

Agreed 100% the whole team has been built around the LR bros and only 2/5 of the defenders seem competent. Higgy makes our team tick and has been left out. Upfront we lack a presence and although there's nice interplay it lacks a focal point.
We can't fail with so many talented players going forward but durnan and Devine just aren't good enough as is Williamson defensively. Anyone with a footballing brain could see that before a ball was kicked.
Need to sign daren dods to sort us out imo

58 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I think it shows how desperate things are over there that you come here for respite.

Ayr thread is probably a better option neebs

Last thing I want to do is hang around c***s that can win games. Least you lot aren't on about Hartley. 

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why can we ignore the Dundee game?

What about the Dundee United game? Bear in mind that the second goal they scored was a free kick in the 90th minute.

Why are Durnan and Devine suddenly written off after 2 losses in the league? Why are they more culpable than Ashcroft? Ashcroft played in the game we got pumped at home in against QOTS. By your logic he's pish and should be drummed out the club since we now base players on 2 league games.

Why are you so desperate to get rid of the manager? Why do you have no patience?

Why are you so hysterical? Why are you a football fan?

Aye come on in

Cheers. 

If it's that bad, get Hippo fucked onto the bench along with Fais and get Higginbotham up front with Ryan. 

59 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Back then it wasn't a bad shout he did a good job at falkirk settling down young defenders and would have done better than the players potter brought in.
Last season aside we've been soft naive and weak every year.

Shut up you fanny.

Why are you incapable of handling other teams player better than ours?

Think if Williamson is playing he needs to have Higginbotham ahead of him. They come as a pair. Not sure we have enough pace to play four at the back although a back three hasn't looked solid ever despite two good performances in Dundee and the game v Hearts. Biggest worry for me today was the lack of energy both in pressing and when going forward. Very lethargic and little movement which was the opposite of Ayr. That they didn't have to play particularly well to thrash us was shambolic.