Walking Down The Halbeath Road

One other thing to add, he's a vocal player at times. If he's being played out of position and it's not going well and you guys get on his back, he'll need to be well managed by AJ or he may well chuck the dummy again. 

22 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Every time we go into a game with United, we look like the team in form but for whatever reason we fluff our lines every time.  Terrible record in our matches against the worst United team in my lifetime.

Sounds like us in cup finals, to be fair. 

Fair to say we won’t be seeing Hippolyte our wide unless we revert to a 4-4-2 or something similar.

He’ll play as a striker but it’ll be a constant four way battle between himself, Faiss, Louis and Andy Ryan for the striker positions. Callum Smith and Lewis McCann won’t be easily pushed aside by the looks of things either.

16 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Satisfying result but the performance wasn't the best but lots to be positive about, early doors though.

Over 500 Pars fans so not a bad turn out. 

Bobby Madden, his shaking of the head and smiling at the Pars support got the fans a bit hot under the collar. He's a dick.

Did similar to us a couple of years ago when he awarded St Johnstone 3 penalties in the 1st half. Got booed of at half time (which you would expect) but instead of getting inside pronto he strolled off, staring us out as he went.

Agree, he is a dick!

51 minutes ago, smpar said:

Fair to say we won’t be seeing Hippolyte our wide unless we revert to a 4-4-2 or something similar.

He’ll play as a striker but it’ll be a constant four way battle between himself, Faiss, Louis and Andy Ryan for the striker positions. Callum Smith and Lewis McCann won’t be easily pushed aside by the looks of things either.

In that case, I'd imagine it'll be Fais and Ryan starting up front most of the time. A front two of Longridge and Hippo would see you in League One. Honestly, they'd get a goal between them every 3 games. 

Did similar to us a couple of years ago when he awarded St Johnstone 3 penalties in the 1st half. Got booed of at half time (which you would expect) but instead of getting inside pronto he strolled off, staring us out as he went.
Agree, he is a dick!

The incident yesterday was just bizarre. First of all, it was a brilliant challenge from the Dundee player and never a penalty. However, I also didn’t see what he gave Dundee a free kick for.

I’ll be honest, I laughed at Madden standing next to the injured player, just grinning at the away fans and looking round, loving the attention he was getting. I couldn’t believe how outraged people were, that we didn’t get a penalty for a challenge where the defender won the ball so cleanly.

I’ve never seen a referee do something like that. It does seem a bit unprofessional to intentionally wind the crowd up, but he was getting abuse, having made very few mistakes. But did he actually do much wrong? He wasn’t making gestures to the crowd or anything, just laughing off the ridiculous claims of our support. It just so happened that the incident and the injured player were right in front of our fans and he could hear all of the shouts quite clearly, from where he was standing.

The fact Andy Ryan so far this preseason/cup games was can’t get a start ahead of a schoolboy and two lads that aren’t strikers would suggest he’s not going to be partnering El Bak. 
Hasn't he been carrying a knock? Think he should have came on sooner yesterday but Longridge and Hippolyte's movement were causing Dundee a few problems even late on.

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
57 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
The fact Andy Ryan so far this preseason/cup games was can’t get a start ahead of a schoolboy and two lads that aren’t strikers would suggest he’s not going to be partnering El Bak. 

Hasn't he been carrying a knock? Think he should have came on sooner yesterday but Longridge and Hippolyte's movement were causing Dundee a few problems even late on.

Just reminds me a bit of the Hopkin signing. I like him - can’t knock his goals to minutes ratio - and if he is carrying a knock then fair enough. Been a bit of a stop-start career for him so far at East End. 

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Hopkin would certainly be an able replacement for Nats bulk in the middle of the pitch. Look forward to it.

It was 50/50. Hopkin/Hopkrirk. Should have gone for "Hoppy" but in the world of abominable footballer nicknames that was a real standout. 

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Agree, he is a dick!

He's a Falkirk fan is he not? 

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

The incident yesterday was just bizarre. First of all, it was a brilliant challenge from the Dundee player and never a penalty. However, I also didn’t see what he gave Dundee a free kick for.

I’ll be honest, I laughed at Madden standing next to the injured player, just grinning at the away fans and looking round, loving the attention he was getting. I couldn’t believe how outraged people were, that we didn’t get a penalty for a challenge where the defender won the ball so cleanly.

On the TV it showed that the defender didn't get the ball if it's the same incident I'm thinking off, free kick was because we had two players offside. 

Chris Sutton and Craigan agreed that if he hadn't been offside it would've been a penalty though. 

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He's a Falkirk fan is he not? 

On the TV it showed that the defender didn't get the ball if it's the same incident I'm thinking off, free kick was because we had two players offside. 

Chris Sutton and Craigan agreed that if he hadn't been offside it would've been a penalty though. 

He's from East Kilbride, so it's fairly unlikely he's one of us. Probably a blue nose that panicked when the SFA asked what team he supported. 

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

He's from East Kilbride, so it's fairly unlikely he's one of us. Probably a blue nose that panicked when the SFA asked what team he supported. 

Common view is that he's a Falkirk fan. Certainly gets it tight off Pars fans, as did Chris Sutton yesterday.

I suspect neither were giving a shite though.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought that was Charleston?

Charleston is from Falkirk. Worked with his ex. Total piece of shit. Another Rangers fan. At least that's what she said. 

Edited by DeeBairn