Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, smpar said:

I still have a pretty vivid memory of his hat-trick at Firhill. 3 absolutely glorious goals in what felt like about 5 minutes. I remember taking about 40 minutes to type a “Joe, Joe, super Joe..” text on my wee Sony Ericsson to my brother when he asked how the game went.

The match summaries were on a repeat on Sportsound in the car on the way home and every time the report of the Dunfermline game came back around I got a wee stiffy when the pundit was talking about how fucking quality Cardle was.

Pretty sure Greg Shields still wakes up in cold sweats dreaming about trying to stop him cutting inside in that second half. 

I think he scored one less goal for the club than Ross Jack did

Cardle goal tally doesn't count as at least 75% of them were exactly the same just repeated against different horrified right backs who have to explain why he wasn't shown the outside.

51 minutes ago, Trump said:

How long is he out for? He looked a stand out last season.

Clark was talking about Faissal and he’s just out with a calf strain so longer term than that. Last season he had a thigh issue and when he signed on for us it was supposedly cleared up. Hopefully he’s back in the first quarter. Bit of a pisser if not, arguably our best midfielder.

Joe Cardle was a perfect example of training to be absolutely brilliant at one thing, he sold a cut inside better than anyone I've seen, despite the entire stadium knowing what was about to happen, for some reason, the defenders didn't.

I love the Hearts goal especially is it's a cut inside but reversed and curled into the top bin.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I still have a pretty vivid memory of his hat-trick at Firhill. 3 absolutely glorious goals in what felt like about 5 minutes. I remember taking about 40 minutes to type a “Joe, Joe, super Joe..” text on my wee Sony Ericsson to my brother when he asked how the game went.

The match summaries were on a repeat on Sportsound in the car on the way home and every time the report of the Dunfermline game came back around I got a wee stiffy when the pundit was talking about how fucking quality Cardle was.

you know it’s quality when the away fans applaud it

1 hour ago, Trump said:

How long is he out for? He looked a stand out last season.

As far as I was aware, he was a doubt for the first game of the season, but could be back shortly after. Wouldn't rush him in regardless as we have plenty of cover. In saying that though, he is a top quality player and I'm still stunned/chugging at the fact we managed to sign him. 

Around 2:22 into the video... Cardle’s pass up the wing is delicious. Stabs it up the line but with spin on it so it bends into the path of the Moroccan Prince, leaving the wee guy with the simple task of dumping three County defenders on their arses before smashing the ball beyond the keeper:

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think the best I ever saw Cardle play was the opening game of the season at Falkirk in the 10/11 campaign. He ran riot in the first half and ruined the full back's career.

I'd agree with this, sure he won a penalty which we also missed. 

It was absolutely ridiculous just how much he ripped the right back to shreds though, beautiful 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd agree with this, sure he won a penalty which we also missed. 

It was absolutely ridiculous just how much he ripped the right back to shreds though, beautiful 

Kieron Duffie, in all likelihood. Was quite possibly Higgys first game for us.

5 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

I believe that was the last time he ever went down the line and crossed with his left for Pat Clarks winner in that game. Did they not go through two rightbacks trying to stop him? 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8890482.stm

Even worse than I though, Jason Marr was the starting RB..

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Wasn't that the game Pressley narrowed the pitch to "terrify" our wingers?

Given we had two wingers on the pitch, that sounds like exactly the sort of cunning plan the shiny shoes w****r would have come up with.