Walking Down The Halbeath Road

56 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Are they a club with money? Never heard of them. Hope he is a huge success wherever he goes, top, top guy.

Whittle used to play for them I'm sure. 

I'm gutted that he'll be out the Scottish football circuit, can't see our paths crossing again. Seems like a great guy though and I hope it's a great move for his family. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Are they a club with money? Never heard of them. Hope he is a huge success wherever he goes, top, top guy.

They play in the National League. Fifth Division. So probably on a couple grand a week. Fairplay to him. 

Joe has shown great passion and ability for us. One trick pony but bloody good at that trick. It was a shame to see him released and I would have wished him all the best given there felt like he had a great affinity with the fans.

However he has called us dunfermline football club. Piss poor stuff.

My instinct is that Johnston may have been happy to keep him had he either been a regular starter or to have been a regular sub but on a lower wage. He probably couldn't the justify paying the money that Cardle may have been earning to have him as second choice winger.

Still one of my favourite Pars players of my lifetime and the thought of having him back as a coach one day makes me, erm, excited.

5 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Cardle seems to be an all round decent bloke. Probably not a Pars fan about who doesn't cut in from the left and fire in a right footed finesse in the top bin on Fifa without thinking about him. 

Best of luck to him and his young family on the move. 

Used to see that lad David Villa doing it for Spain and want to grab him and shout “You’re not Joe Cardle”. 

Fucking Imposter.

Like Stevie Crawford, I’m sure JoJo will be back one day to teach our youngsters how to dive, slap Ayr players, and of course cut in from the left before smashing on into the top corner with his right foot.

I remember first noticing him when he had Scott Wilson on toast then when we played Airdrie away he was up against Greg Ross. I said before the game that he would roast him. Five mins in bam penalty, cardle brought down by Ross. I think that was the game that persuaded McIntrye to get him and McDougall. That next season with him and Gibson and Bell I thought we were unstoppable. Only losing one game at home all season which we flung away really. I was probably the most exciting team since the bert era and Joe was the star man. I wish he was kept on but times change. He's a pars legend no doubt about it. All the best joe

9 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Just when you think the Cardle love-in is dying down you remember he skelped the Airdrie skipper in the dish :wub: What a wonderful man.

Joey Cardle's magic 

He wears a magic hat

And when he first saw East End he said I fancy that

He punched the Airdrie Captain

And put him on his arse

Joey Cardle's magic and he loves the super Pars

Never again to be uttered in unison

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I remember first noticing him when he had Scott Wilson on toast then when we played Airdrie away he was up against Greg Ross. I said before the game that he would roast him. Five mins in bam penalty, cardle brought down by Ross. I think that was the game that persuaded McIntrye to get him and McDougall. That next season with him and Gibson and Bell I thought we were unstoppable. Only losing one game at home all season which we flung away really. I was probably the most exciting team since the bert era and Joe was the star man. I wish he was kept on but times change. He's a pars legend no doubt about it. All the best joe

Will never forget Morton in the sun at the end of that season. Only way it could've been better was if the Catman of Greenock presented the trophy. 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Interview with Sandy Clark as AJ is away at a league meeting. He's saying Beadling is longer term injury. Disappointing.

Aye that's a shitter

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

What a guy :wub:

Joe :wub: :bairn

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm sure there were a couple of games where he ripped the arse out of us, one of them was a Scottish Cup game where we subbed Ross off because he was ripping the absolute shite out of us. 

After one of the games McIntyre made a joke about being glad to have Joe next season, which the Airdrie manager wasn't expecting. 

Can't forget Davie Graham aswell for that season!

15 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Will never forget Morton in the sun at the end of that season. Only way it could've been better was if the Catman of Greenock presented the trophy. 

What a fucking glorious occasion. 

I still have a pretty vivid memory of his hat-trick at Firhill. 3 absolutely glorious goals in what felt like about 5 minutes. I remember taking about 40 minutes to type a “Joe, Joe, super Joe..” text on my wee Sony Ericsson to my brother when he asked how the game went.

The match summaries were on a repeat on Sportsound in the car on the way home and every time the report of the Dunfermline game came back around I got a wee stiffy when the pundit was talking about how fucking quality Cardle was.