Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Any reason why Faiss and Vincent weren't in the squad? 

They can’t play on Sunday, probably not going to learn much new about them against Peterhead so a chance for AJ to try stuff.

Great news about Crawford. He comes across brilliantly in his interview about the role and seems properly enthused about trying to turn the kids into first team players.

Faiss is still carrying a niggle so no point playing him against Peterhead who are a robust team. Amazed we got Stevie full time like Shandon says its brilliant to have someone as enthusiastic as he clearly is taking on the role.

19 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Difference is, Hippo has proven at two consecutive clubs now that he disappears when effort is required. I wouldn't take bets on similar if I was a bookie. 

You miss the fundemental point here, he's with us now.

That's important because once they get it (Pars) there is no way back.

He'll shine with us no question.

We're a unit and there's no room for slackers because if you don't try you're tossed aside like grog oot a car windae.

Edited by Potted hOuGh

45 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

We're a unit and there's no room for slackers because if you don't try you're tossed aside like grog oot a car windae.

That's put me right off my square sausage roll.

54 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

We are agreed on one point then, he'll be gone by January 

20 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Difference is, Hippo has proven at two consecutive clubs now that he disappears when effort is required. I wouldn't take bets on similar if I was a bookie. 

Car crash thread again the past day or so. Surprised at DeeBairn getting grief, one of the more credible from that group but I probably shouldn't be.

Jack Ross took him to St Mirren with top tier football in mind so he obviously thinks he's good enough for the level above, but obviously Alan Stubbs has seen something he doesn't like. 

He's a risk but similar to Higginbotham when we heard similar reports of him from other supporters. AJ seems to have got the best out of Higginbotham and hopefully he does the same with Hippolyte. I expect him to be inconsistent (otherwise why is he playing at our level) but he does have that ability to win you a game on his own.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

36 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Car crash thread again the past day or so. Surprised at DeeBairn getting grief, one of the more credible from that group but I probably shouldn't be.

Jack Ross took him to St Mirren with top tier football in mind so he obviously thinks he's good enough for the level above, but obviously Alan Stubbs has seen something he doesn't like. 

He's a risk but similar to Higginbotham when we heard similar reports of him from other supporters. AJ seems to have got the best out of Higginbotham and hopefully he does the same with Hippolyte. I expect him to be inconsistent (otherwise why is he playing at our level) but he does have that ability to win you a game on his own.

The talent is there, no doubt. It's always been the application and attitude that has stunk. 

He's a bit like Nathan Austin in that respect. Was drummed out of the club and ended up moving up a league, even after being relegated, he's not ended up any worse than he was. You often feel that a spell in a lower league will slap their head around the right way. 

Time will tell, hopefully he sorts the attitude out, or he could be at Stenhousemuir or East Fife in a couple of seasons. 

On 19/07/2018 at 12:02, Senor Bairn said:

The only thing I’ve got to say about Aird is that he’s a snivelling wee bigoted c**t.

Wooft we got a live one here.

Hating bigots makes you a bigot. 

Hang loose and move on bro-m8 etc

Hippo is in a team of quality now... so, he no longer has to carry a whole team of deadbeats. Any time he had an off day it stood out like a sore thumb as he was the only quality player they had at the time. 

Edited by P475

39 minutes ago, P475 said:

Great to hear that Joe has got another club. 

He is away to AFC Fylde. 

Pretty much going home for him, is it not? Blackpool lad, or am I thinking of someone else? 

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Pretty much going home for him, is it not? Blackpool lad, or am I thinking of someone else? 

You're right, he is a Blackpool lad. 

He is a legend to Pars fans the world over. Great professional and all round good guy. 

One of my favourite Super Joe stories is when a few kids asked him for his autograph while he was out walking his dog but, the lads didn't have a pen with them. Joe went home and got a pen and paper then came back to sign it for them. 

Total legend. 

Cardle seems to be an all round decent bloke. Probably not a Pars fan about who doesn't cut in from the left and fire in a right footed finesse in the top bin on Fifa without thinking about him. 

Best of luck to him and his young family on the move.