Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Element = 4 or 5 guys.

How many of your fans sang songs about Shiels? How many of them threw eyeballs? Should we bring this up as often as possible as some sort of petty point scoring?

What on earth has that got to do with anything? Isn't that you trying to point score? The 'but yous are bad too' reply is a common sign of someone trying to deflect from the point at hand. We are talking about Myles Hippolyte here. I do not think all dunfermline fans are racists. A bit simple it seems, but not all racists. Now to put it in easier terms, my point is that Hippo scoring last night for the pars must be sore to take for the 'five or so guys' that have been banned from your club for racially abusing him now he is one of yours. 

I doubt there’s a single football club in the world that can claim some sort of moral high ground over another set of fans.

31 minutes ago, smpar said:

I doubt there’s a single football club in the world that can claim some sort of moral high ground over another set of fans.

Celtic.  The answer to moral high ground questions is always Celtic.  Or Liverpool.  In Dublin.

21 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What on earth has that got to do with anything? Isn't that you trying to point score? The 'but yous are bad too' reply is a common sign of someone trying to deflect from the point at hand. We are talking about Myles Hippolyte here. I do not think all dunfermline fans are racists. A bit simple it seems, but not all racists. Now to put it in easier terms, my point is that Hippo scoring last night for the pars must be sore to take for the 'five or so guys' that have been banned from your club for racially abusing him now he is one of yours. 

Strangely I read it as one group of fans passing comment on another group of fans conduct at the football, regardless of which player is involved  

Racist comments can come down to interpretation (I'm not denying some of our fans actions here) and comments can be blurted out in the heat of the moment mind... but, to go out of your way to buy props in order to mock a mans disability is way beneath contempt.   

When it comes down to fans acting like scum, falkirk fans won "world recognition" for their efforts in premeditated abuse of a football player. 

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

There's morons in every support, and occasionally on the park (Challenge Cup fixture) too.

I was, of course, referring to being an ex-Falkirk player and the obvious dive and cheating at EEP that made sections of our support uneasy about his signing.

Considering you had a player booked for diving in the same game, I suspect that to be nonsense. Every team has cheating dirty b*****ds. I plan to start embracing it tbh. 

Now to put it in easier terms, my point is that Hippo scoring last night for the pars must be sore to take for the 'five or so guys' that have been banned from your club for racially abusing him now he is one of yours. 

I didn’t hear one person boo Hippolyte or express displeasure about him last night, at any point. Everyone around me seemed pleased that he’s playing for us and pleased with his performance.

I doubt it was ‘sore to take’ for the people in question, as most of them are now banned from East End - probably doesn’t bother them too much. They probably wouldn’t have bothered anyway, since they only ever turned up for the games against the likes of Raith & Falkirk anyway. It’s always funny how the guys that cause trouble, are always ones that I only ever see at the ‘bigger’ games.

22 minutes ago, P475 said:

Strangely I read it as one group of fans passing comment on another group of fans conduct at the football, regardless of which player is involved  

Racist comments can come down to interpretation (I'm not denying some of our fans actions here) and comments can be blurted out in the heat of the moment mind... but, to go out of your way to buy props in order to mock a mans disability is way beneath contempt.   

When it comes down to fans acting like scum, falkirk fans won "world recognition" for their efforts in premeditated abuse of a football player. 

But... But... But... Yous are bad too. 

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I didn’t hear one person boo Hippolyte or express displeasure about him last night, at any point. Everyone around me seemed pleased that he’s playing for us and pleased with his performance.

I'm going to call this a hunch, but maybe, just maybe, that's because the racists have been banned and not allowed to attend any games? 

The scrambling all over this by you guys is nothing but a rabble, all shouting over each other to tell me how bad those in the Falkirk support were to deflect from my minor point that the guys that abused Myles Hippolyte, and subsequently banned from watching their team, might grit their teeth at the fact the very man they saw fit to throw that kind of language at, is now the one they have to cheer. 

It's that simple. 

Serious whataboutery on show from elements of the Dunfermline posters on here. Very very sad to read.

As much as I’ll be hoping Myles has a poor time for the pars. Hopefully they can boo him for just being a poor footballer and not for having a different skin colour as they have before.

Celtic.  The answer to moral high ground questions is always Celtic.  Or Liverpool.  In Dublin.

I should have added that no club can *rightfully* claim a moral high-ground over another. Celtic/Liverpool fans will always try, of course.
I'm going to call this a hunch, but maybe, just maybe, that's because the racists have been banned and not allowed to attend any games? 
The scrambling all over this by you guys is nothing but a rabble, all shouting over each other to tell me how bad those in the Falkirk support were to deflect from my minor point that the guys that abused Myles Hippolyte, and subsequently banned from watching their team, might grit their teeth at the fact the very man they saw fit to throw that kind of language at, is now the one they have to cheer. 
It's that simple. 

It might shock you to know that Hippolyte isn’t our first ever black/ethnic minority player. The racist scumbag(s) who abused MH didn’t do it to target the individual, he/they targeted a player of ethnic minority because that’s what racist scumbags do.

It might shock you to know that Hippolyte isn’t our first ever black/ethnic minority player. The racist scumbag(s) who abused MH didn’t do it to target the individual, he/they targeted a player of ethnic minority because that’s what racist scumbags do.

Can you conclude though that this is an element of your support that needs to be dealt with?

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can you conclude though that this is an element of your support that needs to be dealt with?

It's an element of support that the club and police are always working to deal with. We have seen several reports in the past of bans for racial behaviour in our support and I would imagine all incidences and bannings are not reported nor in public knowledge.

I'm not sure what point you are making here.

16 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

As far as I'm aware, those found guilty of racial abuse have been either prosecuted or banned. So yes, they have been banned.