Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Playing 352? I hope it's just trying it out, and we're not going to start with it, we always looked so dysfunctional. Good result though.

Excuse the pedantry but I was seeing that as more of a 5-3-2. We went with that in the early stages of last season for friendlies but switched to a 4-4-2 soon after, hope this year is the same.

I’m pleased enough with that. I found the shape left us a bit vacant in wide areas at times. It’s nice to have wingbacks so high up, and whilst I think J.Longridge is capable of doing a job defensively and going forward in the same role, I think Williamson needs much more help out wide which dragged Higgy out for support, subsequently leaving a bit of a gap in the middle of midfield.

I’d rather we had two fullbacks with a winger each ahead of them to support. I liked the flow of our counter attacks when Connolly and McCann came on; we put L.Longridge on the left and then Connolly and Higgy caused all sorts of problems together through the middle with Craigen playing a neat role slightly deeper.

I’m happy with the new signings at first glance, Thomson was quite nippy off the ball but he wasted it so many times, hopefully that’s a one-off for him. Connolly looked like he can be a right pest, he was also good at winding up the Peterhead players towards the end so more of that please. Durnan and Devine, though relatively untested, were composed and organised enough with a classy performance from Ashcroft alongside them.

We looked far more dangerous when we reverted to a back four. Hippolyte was good up front strong and skillful,  Louis Longridge is twinkle toes but made to many wrong options. Connolly was immense in the time he had. Some very exciting players there and that's with no El Bak.

Hippolyte was strong and looked a handful.

Glad to see Andy Ryan scoring and it was a well taken goal. 

Aiden Connolly looked as good as I hoped he would, tricky, skilful and harried their players.

Ryan Williamson did some good work but was caught out a couple of times second half when Peterhead attacked down the left hand side.

Some decent foward play and as good result, overall worth the £10 paid. 

All the new boys played well, very impressed with Hippolyte and Connolly when he came on. Was a little bit concerned with Thompson's passing which was really off.

Higginbotham frustrated the life out of me, Craigen wasn't great either.

All the new boys played well, very impressed with Hippolyte and Connolly when he came on. Was a little bit concerned with Thompson's passing which was really off.

Higginbotham frustrated the life out of me, Craigen wasn't great either.

Didn’t see much wrong with Craigen’s performance. A couple of poor deliveries but apart from that he was tidy and did his job.

We put some decent moves together. Midfield struggled a little but that was to be expected with throwing a winger and two attack minded Center mids in there. If we are going to persist with this formation it desperately needs beadling playing.

The idea we could have higgy connaly faiss and longridge linking up is absolutely delightful.

On 16/07/2018 at 22:12, D.A.F.C said:

I think Hipolyte and Fais will be a great pairing. Andy Ryan will chip in and Hopefully Longridge too.

Smith needs to step up to the level he was at st the start of last season. Needs a chance, again Irn Bru cup maybe?

Hippo is never a forward, he wanted to play there and was given the chance with us but was more effective out wide

He is a cracking player at this level but can be very stop start and not make the effort to get himself into the game, seen him so many times being lazy then the crowd get on his back and he ups it for 5 mins, tho that usually is a few tackles and one is a booking which he is very prone to.

Hippo will get abuse from us, its how the rules are, which is a pity as on his day was a cracking player for us, same applies to Higgy but he is an eejit full stop

On 16/07/2018 at 23:40, D.A.F.C said:

AJ got the best out of him before and I think he can do it again. I honestly haven’t seen many players in Scotland with his touch and ability at times.

Dundee are sensible here, if he does well they can either cash in or sign him up. If not well we are paying his wages. It would have been good to have had another couple of weeks training him and Hipolyte together.  Moffat deserved lots of credit for his goals when he was partnering him.

The though of Higgy, Fais, Hypolite playing together is exciting and we only need one or two of them to click per game and carry the other one. Even small spells of creative play can get you goals as Higgy proved.

AJ got the best out of him playing against plumbers, personal trainers, joiners etc that's like saying Jeremy Kyle is effective in life skills

We have all seen these strikers show outstanding goals per game in the seaside leagues when they are full time v part time, its  judgement time now when its a level playing field.

As for Dundee, I really dunno why they didnt free him/pay him off as that's effectively what they have done unless their is a clause in his loan contract of some sort or fee if you want to sign him after it, tho kinda sounds like Dundee gave him daft money and he would be silly to leave and Dunfermline are making a healthy contribution that no other club would

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

We looked far more dangerous when we reverted to a back four. Hippolyte was good up front strong and skillful,  Louis Longridge is twinkle toes but made to many wrong options. Connolly was immense in the time he had. Some very exciting players there and that's with no El Bak.

Get used to Louis twinkle toes and no end product, thats what he does, tho is capable on a day or two of it clicking, more than often it doesnt

I think he is one of 3 or 4 who could get sent off against us in our games, he does go a bit OTT and doesnt like criticism even when he is in the wrong.

I really didnt want him signing on again...cheers for taking on his wage demands we wouldnt 

7 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Think Hippo was reasonably pleased with opening his account

DSC00165edit.jpg

Cracking photo  

Hippo and Higgy look like they are pissing themselves laughing. 

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

AJ got the best out of him playing against plumbers, personal trainers, joiners etc that's like saying Jeremy Kyle is effective in life skills

Yip, teams of the same caliber as Montrose were easy meat for us. 

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Hippo is never a forward, he wanted to play there and was given the chance with us but was more effective out wide

He is a cracking player at this level but can be very stop start and not make the effort to get himself into the game, seen him so many times being lazy then the crowd get on his back and he ups it for 5 mins, tho that usually is a few tackles and one is a booking which he is very prone to.

Hippo will get abuse from us, its how the rules are, which is a pity as on his day was a cracking player for us, same applies to Higgy but he is an eejit full stop

We have all seen these strikers show outstanding goals per game in the seaside leagues when they are full time v part time, its  judgement time now when its a level playing field.

As for Dundee, I really dunno why they didnt free him/pay him off as that's effectively what they have done unless their is a clause in his loan contract of some sort or fee if you want to sign him after it, tho kinda sounds like Dundee gave him daft money and he would be silly to leave and Dunfermline are making a healthy contribution that no other club would

Get used to Louis twinkle toes and no end product, thats what he does, tho is capable on a day or two of it clicking, more than often it doesnt

I think he is one of 3 or 4 who could get sent off against us in our games, he does go a bit OTT and doesnt like criticism even when he is in the wrong.

I really didnt want him signing on again...cheers for taking on his wage demands we wouldnt 

Oaft