Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

'you lot', wooft. Spanked your hides last time we met with Faiss contributing a fair bit. 

It wasn't intended as a criticism. I was hugely excited when we brought him in. I thought he'd help us forget about Hemmings and Stewart. He's got cracking ability but seems to lack in positioning, the ability to pass, hold onto the ball and has no form of tactical sense plus he's incredibly lightweight. 

Don't get me wrong - I hope he does really well for you and smashes United several times over. I'm just giving an honest assessment. 

He has the potential to once again be a roaring success for you lot as he has been before but his comments today were a bit bizarre and shows a highly inflated ego, with not the ability to match to make it in the top flight IMO. 

The best way to describe his Dundee career was a player with unbelievable talent for getting fans off their seat only for them to sit back down in continuous disappointment. 

If Vincent was a success for you, El Bak will fucking smash it though. 

All the best. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It wasn't intended as a criticism. I was hugely excited when we brought him in. I thought he'd help us forget about Hemmings and Stewart. He's got cracking ability but seems to lack in positioning, the ability to pass, hold onto the ball and has no form of tactical sense plus he's incredibly lightweight. 

Don't get me wrong - I hope he does really well for you and smashes United several times over. I'm just giving an honest assessment. 

He has the potential to once again be a roaring success for you lot as he has been before but his comments today were a bit bizarre and shows a highly inflated ego, with not the ability to match to make it in the top flight IMO. 

The best way to describe his Dundee career was a player with unbelievable talent for getting fans off their seat only for them to sit back down in continuous disappointment. 

If Vincent was a success for you, El Bak will fucking smash it though. 

All the best. 

I had and still have reservations about his ego.

He'll have to work hard to get some of the Pars fans onside who still haven't forgiven him for the way he departed last time round.

If he doesn't cut the mustard he'll be under pressure given the expectation levels bestowed upon him by those who have those high expectations (me for instance).

We'll see what comes along.

AJ got the best out of him before and I think he can do it again. I honestly haven’t seen many players in Scotland with his touch and ability at times.

Dundee are sensible here, if he does well they can either cash in or sign him up. If not well we are paying his wages. It would have been good to have had another couple of weeks training him and Hipolyte together.  Moffat deserved lots of credit for his goals when he was partnering him.

The though of Higgy, Fais, Hypolite playing together is exciting and we only need one or two of them to click per game and carry the other one. Even small spells of creative play can get you goals as Higgy proved.

Just found this on on the clubs official site 

"Neither Faiss nor the other Dundee loanee, James Vincent will be able to play against Dundee in the Betfred Cup match on Sunday 22 July. "

looks like they are bricking it. 

34 minutes ago, P475 said:

If Dundee don't fear a Pars team with Vincent and Fais in it, they'll allow us to field them on Sunday. 

It’s a SPFL rule these days, rather than a club-club arrangement as it used to be.  So there’s no chance of them playing.

57 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

It’s a SPFL rule these days, rather than a club-club arrangement as it used to be.  So there’s no chance of them playing.

Ah! 

Every days a school day. Cheers neebs. 

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

AJ got the best out of him before and I think he can do it again. I honestly haven’t seen many players in Scotland with his touch and ability at times.

Dundee are sensible here, if he does well they can either cash in or sign him up. If not well we are paying his wages. It would have been good to have had another couple of weeks training him and Hipolyte together.  Moffat deserved lots of credit for his goals when he was partnering him.

The though of Higgy, Fais, Hypolite playing together is exciting and we only need one or two of them to click per game and carry the other one. Even small spells of creative play can get you goals as Higgy proved.

They can't 'cash in' on him as his contract is up at the end of the season. Dundee will be receiving no fee for him. Also he's free to sign with anyone (PCA  or when his contract expires); Dundee don't have 'first dibs' on him

Dundee are sensible here, if he does well they can either cash in or sign him up. If not well we are paying his wages.

His contract is up at the end of the season, Dundee can’t ‘cash in’ on him at all. Unless you think we ‘cashed in’ on him, when he similarly left for nothing? Come January, Dunfermline (or any other club) can offer him a contract to sign permanently, come the end of the season and there’s nothing Dundee can do to stop it. They have no more right to sign him, than anyone else. It’s the same scenario as guys like McManus, Morris, Clark and Aird signing elsewhere, for nothing, despite the fact we offered them deals...

I would also suspect that we are not paying his full wages, same with Vincent. Dundee were reportedly happy to let them both go, but with a year left on their deals, its unlikely the players were willing to take a wage cut, so we may be paying say 70% of their wages, with Dundee happy to only be paying 30% and free up that money to spend elsewhere. I would guess that’s why the negotiations were so lengthy, working out a package that worked for everyone. These are totally made up figures, just used as an example of the kind of common agreements that are made in these scenarios.

I thought he had another season left? My bad. I wonder if either club has an option to sign first dibs?

I doubt it. Like CallumPar says, by January time anyone can offer a PCA, he’s usually spot on with that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

He was there for two seasons, it's absolutely fair to judge him during that spell.

It's fair to judge him as a creative winger, which he isn't.

As a striker he was hardly given a look-in and still provided Dundee fans with some of their best memories of the past couple of seasons.

Hopefully we're 20 +points clear by Christmas so signing Faiss on the PCA in January will be simpler.

I'm not able to make the game tonight but interested to see how we line-up. I'd imagine it will be something like:

Robinson

Williamson

Durnan

Devine

J Longridge

Higgy

Craigen

Vincent

Connolly

Faiss

Hippo

Faiss and Vincent can't play on Sunday, so if they're not in action tonight, they won't appear for us until Brechin game at least. Ashcroft and Beadling will hopefully be back in the starting XI asap.

Hopefully we're 20 +points clear by Christmas so signing Faiss on the PCA in January will be simpler.
I'm not able to make the game tonight but interested to see how we line-up. I'd imagine it will be something like:
Robinson
Williamson
Durnan
Devine
J Longridge
Higgy
Craigen
Vincent
Connolly
Faiss
Hippo
Faiss and Vincent can't play on Sunday, so if they're not in action tonight, they won't appear for us until Brechin game at least. Ashcroft and Beadling will hopefully be back in the starting XI asap.
If that's the case prepare for United* coming in with their big money for a pre contract on him for their 2019-2020 Championship campaign.

*If out of admin

3-0 against Peterheed. Hippo, Higgy and Ryan on the score sheet. Easy work.

When is Beadling back? A positive was seeing Ashcroft in the starting XI and being named captain. Superb.