Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Letter in the Press this week coming from Halbeath claiming credit for signings after slating the board previously and spurring them into action. Doesn’t sign off with “sack the board” this time.

Guys a deluded idiot if that's what he's claiming.

There are some right w*nkers in our support who do not understand the fundemental basics of supporting the club.

Edited by Potted hOuGh

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Robinson
Williamson
Durnan
Ashcroft
Longridge
Beadling
Thompson
Higgy
Connolly
Fais
Hipolyte

That would be my preferred lineup also, would leave us Martin, Devine, Craigan, Vincent, Ryan and Smith on the bench which is pretty decent IMO. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Robinson
Williamson
Durnan
Ashcroft
Longridge
Beadling
Thompson
Higgy
Connolly
Fais
Hipolyte

I reckon Louis Longridge is most likely to start in place of Connolly but I'd take either.

6 hours ago, parsgooner said:

I reckon Louis Longridge is most likely to start in place of Connolly but I'd take either.

Forgotten about him! I genuinely think we have a pretty well balanced squad with cover for pretty much every position. Maybe the only position we're light in is at fullback? Martin can cover both sides but if we had two out we could struggle, but then I wouldn't want to waste any budget on it... 

I agree that our squad looks decent on paper. However, I’m not sure it looks stronger than United, Ross County, Partick or Inverness. Falkirk, I have no idea, they’ve signed a lot of unknown quantities, so could be strong, could be poor. No idea. Morton and Queens are no pushovers and Ayr’s squad isn’t looking terrible.

There will be a lot of tough games and no easy ones. That’s why I’m glad that we’ve improved our strength in depth. It’s important to make sure that, unlike last season, we are able to make changes without weakening the team.

Again, I also think the squad does look good on paper. I also agree that this league is a competetive league and one therefore I think we could potentially struggle if we don't hit the ground running.

AJ has met his objectives set by the club and I was one of the doubters around Christmas last season where we were looking like a mid-table team at best.

However he is back in charge for the next 2 seasons so I'm behind him.

I'm hoping we're able to sign players in January (if required), and hopefully it's additions to strenghten a squad competing at the top of the league and not because we're out of the race.

Still think another (out and out) striker can be brought in to give us just that bit more depth up front

Not to be a negative Nelly, but I’m not expecting much of a title challenge from us. I think AJ has done well assembling a decent squad at first glance but I have a feeling we’ll miss players like Aird, Morris, Clark and McManus at several stages of the season.

6-8 teams out of ten will be hoping to occupy the top 4 places this season, and a playoff place would still be a good achievement for us.

32 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Still think another (out and out) striker can be brought in to give us just that bit more depth up front

Ryan, Fais, Hipo, Londgridge and Smith can all play up front. How much depth do you want?! Would rather the manager doesn't spunk his budget and saves it for when (and where) it's needed

Ryan, Fais, Hipo, Londgridge and Smith can all play up front. How much depth do you want?! Would rather the manager doesn't spunk his budget and saves it for when (and where) it's needed

You missed Higginbotham who could play there too, as well as the young lad in the youth squad knocking on the door. Bring in any more players and AJ would be struggling to give players a game.

Quite happy, there was never any panic.

Goalkeeper is one position that if Robinson got injured we could get an emergency loan perhaps? I’m hoping Murdoch gets back ok. Gill had a great game against Arbroath, would like to see him play in the pointless Irn Bru cup.

Don't see any reason why can't compete for the title.put together a good squad with lots of competition for places and more options formation wise than before.we are improving year on year. Think County are favourites and us, Partick and united will be the main competitors. And can see united being a bit of a mess.

Edited by Stevo84