Walking Down The Halbeath Road

With Paton, I feel he excelled with great attacking players around him and Williamson linking up with him.

At Dumbarton I don't know if he'll shine as brightly. If you have a striker who can find room in the box, he'll pick him out.
We do have a few decent options for League 1. Loy and Callum Gallagher should be able to bag some goals with Forbes and Paton creating.
I don't think they really care what we think of Paton. They're just missing the Championship forum.
^^^ this

I know the Hippo signing has already been talked about over the last few pages but I always felt he got quite a hard time for our fans and was perhaps even under rated.

Aye he’s an inconsistent winger but the realty is if he could find consistently he would be nowhere near this level. His main positives (well aside from winning penalties, of course) he’s got a good delivery on him from the left, a lot of the time he’ll cut back onto his right to cross it in and he’s still got a decent cross with his weaker foot. His work rate improved a hell of a lot during his time with us and he does a decent enough job of helping out his full-back.

He played up front a few times for us when he first signed and he was rank but looked better when played there a few times last season. Don’t play him on the right however, despite me saying earlier he has a decent right foot cross he just doesn’t get involved in the game played out there and he’s like a man down. Of course his questionable attitude has been mentioned but the worst thing about him is the amount of bookings he gets for pulling a player back. When a player gets past him he just grabs the shirt which is infuriating.

Probably not much that’s not already been covered over the last few pages but I genuinely really liked him when he was with us and think he’ll do a job for you guys. Much better played than the likes of Aird and Craigen.

I don't think they really care what we think of Paton. They're just missing the Championship forum.
Right then they can f**k off until they move their stand to the opposite side and improve the standard of the officials changing room.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Paton was good but his crossing ability is being massively overhyped again

Isn't everyone's, these days? 

Inside forwards, jumpers for goalposts and all that.. 

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Paton was good but his crossing ability is being massively overhyped again

Dumbarton gave us a huge amount of points in the last two seasons. The least you could do to make the misery of life in League One a bit better is fibbing  to them a bit about how good a player is. 

Edited by Shandon Par

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Dumbarton gave us a huge amount of points in the last two seasons. The least you could do to make the misery of life in League One a bit better is fibbing  to them a bit about how good a player is. 

For that reason I feel I owe them the truth.

Plus their referee changing rooms are too small.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think we need to rely on him as a starter per se, a large part of how well he'll do for us is how AJ manages him when he's not on form and not playing though. He seems to thrive off big game occasions and getting stick so if nothing else he should do well against Falkirk. 

Hes actually piss poor against his former clubs. Never kicked a  ball for us against livi and was dire against us for saints. Tends to try too hard in those fixtures.

This is pretty hilarious tbh. Some abuse levelled at Hippo by you lads on here.

Except Shandon tbf. He always recognised Hippos virutes in terms of style and panache

It’s almost as if football fans don’t like players that play for other teams, and want them to do well when they play for their team.

Don't want to get in the way of the Falkirk v Dunfermline stuff that seems to dominate this thread but that's Michael Paton confirmed with ourselves. Reports from Pars fans seem positive a few pages back. If you have anything bad to say about him say it now or forever hold your peace.

Good player for League One. He was useful as a winger, especially if he can form an attacking partnership with a fullback. We played him as a central midfielder a few times, and I got the impression that he felt like he could ‘dictate’ the play by holding onto the ball and distributing it all over the park, which he can do as he has great vision and ability to pick a pass, but he can be overrun by bigger, nastier boys.

He’s quite a tricky wee player as well, so his slight lack of pace is excused by sharp turns and clever movements.

Michael Paton, though positive I reckon is being underrated here. In the first half on the League One winning season Michael Paton, Faissal and Cardle were unplayable and out on a level above anything else in the division. He carved chance after chance every game at that time. He should still be among the best players in that division.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Seems like AJ is only in management to wind up Falkirk, does it superbly tbf.

From the moment Hippo dived against us AJ was in love. He loves that sort of will to win. 

Young Faissal can dish out a bit of stick too. Can’t find the photo but that Stranraer player Rumsby was in a mess after El Bak raked his studs down his chest.

Don't want to get in the way of the Falkirk v Dunfermline stuff that seems to dominate this thread but that's Michael Paton confirmed with ourselves. Reports from Pars fans seem positive a few pages back. If you have anything bad to say about him say it now or forever hold your peace.

Got a lot of time for Paton. 3 goals and 13 assists in our league 1 winning season. Great player, with great distribution. Of course, he seemed to have a telepathic relationship with the Moroccan Prince at times, which helped. He was able to deliver pinpoint crosses onto El Bakhtaoui’s head or foot.

I genuinely hope he does well for you. Seems like a really decent guy and was unfortunate with injuries, in his time in the championship. Maybe the move to part-time is what he needs just now. As has been mentioned above, he’s not going to race past defenders, or go on many runs, but he’ll have the best distribution in that league.

Perhaps a very similar player to Ross Forbes, who I also think is a brilliant player for that level, which could leave you with a very immobile midfield. We know all about that having played Wedderburn and Paton together at times last season, and been completely overrun by everyone.