Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hippolyte would be a very strange signing. I think he's a decent player and could work well with Faiss up top but he's received stunning levels of stick from our fans in the past. Fair play to him if he doesn't give a f**k.

In other news I keep watching Faiss' cheeky wink and smile in that video and I've rubbed the tip clean off.

Andy Rodgers is an utter bawbag and his desperation to stay relevant is cringeworthy.

Your average football career has come to an end Andy, just accept it gracefully.

Even describing it as an ‘average’ career is flattering.
https://dafc.co.uk/files/SportPix_friendly_Dun-v-Mot_CB12072018009_3908.jpg

Black bloke behind Murdoch.

Can anyone identify that ear [emoji4]

Genuinely looks like Nat.

Hippolyte was a strange one for us. 

Think it was fairly obvious that he was 4th choice target to make numbers up as we'd tried all January to get another attacker in. Firstly Robbie Muirhead, then Lee Erwin and finally Mikkelsson didn't go through and we needed somebody to make up numbers. 

And that sort of reflected in his lack of game time. He never really impressed but didn't get many chances to. My gut feeling on us winning the league was that he probably wouldn't be able to make the step up and clearly the new management team feels the same. 

Either way, I only found out from DAFCs post on the St. Mirren thread last night but have since been told that it is in fact, a done deal. 

If Hippo signs I'd be happy with that. Him, Fez and Ryan with Smith as striking options. Doesn't give us much aeriel threat but we tend to play it into channels anyway.

Thought he always caused us problems and he'll wind up opposition fans, Hippodelight.

Even if Hippolyte signs for us I don’t get the outrage of some because of his diving history against us.  I well remember a winter night away at Airdrie watching Greg Ross getting the run around from a certain Joseph Cardle Esq. Joe hit the deck at every opportunity whether he had been touched or not, just laughing or winking at the fans. The same Joe went on to achieve cult status with the same fans who are currently outraged.

Edited by Sursum Semper
Typing error

I'll be happy enough with Hippolyte. Especially as we likely won't be relying on him to be our primary goalscorer now that Faissal has returned.

I was getting worried it was going to be one of those seasons where we're going to watch us struggle to break down and score against teams utter shite teams.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

10 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'll be happy enough with Hippolyte. Especially as we likely won't be relying on him to be our primary goalscorer now that Faissal has returned.

I was getting worried it was going to be one of those seasons where we're going to watch us struggle to break down and score against teams utter shite teams.

Given that he's far more of a winger than a striker, that's a good bet, shaggy. 

Have you lot got him confused with Austin again? 

Hippolyte on his day looks a class act that could easily play at a higher level than the Championship, unfortunately for us that was every 1 in 10 games at a push. 

Both Longridge and Hippo have the ability to demolish this league at times so wouldn't be surprised to see you's hammer a few teams this season but expect them to be very inconsistent.