Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seems like we’ve had a hunner chances, funny team from us too with a few players missing but that’s our best back 4 and keeper out there. I don’t think we will ever beat Dunfermline again. No matter how we play always seem to get beat. Can’t wait for the inevitable 2nd round irn bru Cup tie defeat at EEP.

Only first team starters I would expect are Connolly and Thompson I'd expect, Smith should see more game time though. 

Can't see us getting past the first round tbh, can't wait for the Scottish Cup draw though. 

And aye my mate at the game has said we've been under sustained pressure quite a bit. 

Edited by Grant228

Only first team starters I would expect are Connolly and Thompson I'd expect, Smith should see more game time though. 

Can't see us getting past the first round tbh, can't wait for the Scottish Cup draw though. 

And aye my mate at the game has said we've been under sustained pressure quite a bit. 

That’s what I mean, should just field the under 17s next time we play and see how far down the age groups you can take it because we’re never going to lift this curse. I remember taking a few hidings off of you in the Faiss era but in quite a few of the other games I think we’ve gave as good as we’ve got and came away with absolutely zilch.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

El bak trialist

No

3 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Dunno but he might appear somewhere this week.

No

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Any notable trialists or just young guys for the reserves?

No (just random young guys)

Have to say the youngsters are performing well so far unlike most of the first team who look a bit all over the place due to injuries and getting played out of position.

Im not going to get excited or despondent about friendlies though unless......

Faissal

4 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Some photographs from tonight - https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157695713083372

Cammy Gill had an outstanding match and was your MOTM by a mile.   Connolly should have been red carded in the first half for lashing out.

A79I0052 copy.jpg

I don't know who the Arbroath player is but, he can't half jump some height. 

Half man, half kangaroo 

6 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Some photographs from tonight - https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157695713083372

Cammy Gill had an outstanding match and was your MOTM by a mile.   Connolly should have been red carded in the first half for lashing out.

A79I0052 copy.jpg

Cheers for the pics. 

Really like that Pars away kit. 

With Aird and Cardle away it was a worry about the potential drop off in general bad behaviour so good to hear Connolly could be the man to cause outrage along with Higgy.

41 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Hasn't Connolly got a bit of a reputation of petulence?

He's only 5 feet tall. Angry young man. Looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth too, what with the hairband, floppy hair and early Travis look about him. 

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's too quiet. Signing imminent?

I certainly hope so. I understand they want to keep things under wraps as long as possible but you'd think they'd want someone in to play in some of these games to try and gel the squad together. I've not made any of the games this pre-season but the one thing I am reading from all off them is that there is no 'set' team in place - I'd have hoped for a few games in a row with at least a good majority of the 1st team starting...