Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What an imagination on this guy. 

Signed for you but wanted to be elsewhere.

Insisted on a clause to that effect.

Has activated said clause and left.

No imagination required, buddy.

17 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Signed for you but wanted to be elsewhere.

Insisted on a clause to that effect.

Has activated said clause and left.

No imagination required, buddy.

Literally every player at this level will want to be elsewhere, buddy. No one is joining the Scottish Championship and looking at it as the pinnacle of their career. Some players like Flood will want to try there luck abroad while others want to play at a higher level, like Sibbald. The more obvious scenario of course is players moving for more money. 

We've signed a player, been happy enough to let him move if he had the chance and he has, I'm alright with that as is every other Pars fan I've seen. Having come on with allot of faux hilarity before then signing Paul Paton I can understand the need to try and save face, it does make you come across like Alex from Love Island though, very needy. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

It can be both a lucky escape and embarrassing. Like getting stood up by an ugly girl. I imagine.

FWIW, I think Flood would have done a good job for you guys but, like many before him, he decided on reflection that he'd rather be burnt alive. And who amongst us can really blame him?

Is that not more or less what happened anyway? :unsure2:

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Literally every player at this level will want to be elsewhere, buddy. No one is joining the Scottish Championship and looking at it as the pinnacle of their career. Some players like Flood will want to try there luck abroad while others want to play at a higher level, like Sibbald. The more obvious scenario of course is players moving for more money. 

We've signed a player, been happy enough to let him move if he had the chance and he has, I'm alright with that as is every other Pars fan I've seen. Having come on with allot of faux hilarity before then signing Paul Paton I can understand the need to try and save face, it does make you come across like Alex from Love Island though, very needy. 

You haven't let him move anywhere, he insited on a clause allowing him to walk away within a short window if he got an overseas offer. You didn't allow anything. He walked away. 

Just now, DeeBairn said:

You haven't let him move anywhere, he insited on a clause allowing him to walk away within a short window if he got an overseas offer. You didn't allow anything. He walked away. 

Ah Floods agent. 

Was us that signed him buddy, was us that signed off on the terms we offered him, if we weren't happy with them we wouldn't have offered them, you're welcome. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Ah Floods agent. 

Was us that signed him buddy, was us that signed off on the terms we offered him, if we weren't happy with them we wouldn't have offered them, you're welcome. 

Ignore my actual statement then. 

As per AJ on bbc sport, flood insisted on a clause, that he activated. You didn't allow him to do anything, he walked out on you. 

1 minute ago, All-Star-Par said:

Things looking very bleak for us right now imo. If McArthur doesn't start throwing some money at this team I may be forced to write into the Press.

Write to your Congressman and Senator too, this corruption goes right to the top, I tells ya. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

Ignore my actual statement then. 

As per AJ on bbc sport, flood insisted on a clause, that he activated. You didn't allow him to do anything, he walked out on you. 

Yep, and we were happy enough to sign him with that in the contract, we weren't forced to sign Flood. I'd imagine that AJ would far rather have not lost Flood but I don't have any dramas with how the contract has been done.

Going by the wording it seems the clause was only there for a limited time, if he was to leave (which he evidently has) it's given us plenty time to find a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yep, and we were happy enough to sign him with that in the contract, we weren't forced to sign Flood. I'd imagine that AJ would far rather have not lost Flood but I don't have any dramas with how the contract has been done.

Going by the wording it seems the clause was only there for a limited time, if he was to leave (which he evidently has) it's given us plenty time to find a replacement. 

Zvery true you weren't forced to sign him. But would Flood have signed if the clause wasn't included? Hopefully for you AJ saw what might happen, and didn't stop looking. 

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Zvery true you weren't forced to sign him. But would Flood have signed if the clause wasn't included? Hopefully for you AJ saw what might happen, and didn't stop looking. 

I have absolutely no idea, I don't think he would've signed as early in the window as he did, I think he only would've signed later on once he had totally exhausted all foreign options. 

I'm looking forward to seing who he'll bring in, he made a big deal when he signed Flood about his experience and professionalism? Being a bit part of his signing, I still think he was signed as much for off the pitch as what he was on it. I reckon if you hadn't signed Paton we would've been asking him. If AJ is willing to go for someone with less experience then I think Murdoch would be ideal. 

It was a valiant attempt to add some big-club experience to the squad. When we're in the winter months and times are tough, AJ can turn to his young squad, look them all in the eye and ask "what would Willo have done". 

"Fucked off somewhere sunnier gaffer" would come the reply from AJ's young lions.