Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Chairman had the tenacity and determination to win this club back from Masterton.

He lost a lot of money along with others trusting the previous regime.

Ross McArthur used sit in the NW, just in front of my dad and brother.

He was an ordinary fan, prone to a few passionate outbursts. Wouldn't have guessed he'd end up running the club.

He and others took a lot of personal risks getting rid of Masterton but glad they did.

He works for f**k all as do others and he's restored pride and self respect back into this club.

We're lucky to have him.

I couldn't agree more. 

It enrages me when I read posts claiming he doesn't have the best interests of our club at heart.

Dafc.net is riddled with these so called fans, many of them are bloody clueless about the sacrifices and risks our board took to save our club. 

Shutting Section L meant some fans took it upon themselves to turn against the club.

I arranged a meeting through Ross, Mikey and SLO Drew Main between Christmas and New Year.

Ended up with the informal talkback session in the Purvis suite. Was well enough attended but we didn't get as many of the guys from Section L as hoped.

Was a worthwhile exercise in the main.

Some fans you'll never get through to unfortunately.

Why would you get yourself in such a state? And for what reason? Because players have left? Players come and go and will be replaced by the manager. It took McIntyre 3 and a bit seasons to get it right and in that time we seen players come and go all over the place. Folk need to get a grip. Bet he's a Tory anol. 

The players that have the club in AJ's eyes weren't good enough to take the club a step further next season and I tend to agree with that.

The guy who wrote that letter must have plenty of time on his hands then goes and shows he is a very deranged character.

Also, AJ offered the players what he thought they were worth. At least a few of the recent signings have not come out of the blue and are folk we've tracked for a while. Also, we've unveiled defenders, then midfielders and wide players and now we will have to unveil a couple of strikers in the next couple of weeks. That could help shift season tickets. It's almost as if the manager knows what he's doing. 

16 hours ago, parslad said:

Would imagine he'll live in Inverness

Not sure Dingwall would be exciting enough for Callum.  Likes a good night out.

Inverness is just a bigger, drunker version of Dingwall. For the self styled capital of the Highlands, it’s a bit of a cultural desert

Edited by PRS
Spelling

Not bothered at all with any of the guys moving on. Aird nearly signed for us before United came in with a late offer for more money. Nothing wrong with that at all I think. Clark and McManus were out of contract and simply went to clubs who paid them more. No issue with that.

I'm not really all that bothered with Morris either, although he looks like a bit of a fanny now given his comments about moving down south. Of course I'll join in the booing and possibly the abusive chants, but I don't really dislike the guy. He should have just said he was moving on for a new challenge or some other such banal trope. By specifically stating he was off down south he's ensured that he'll be looked upon unfavourably. 

I think my biggest issue with all these mouth breathers is that they behave as if Johnston had walked into the dressing room, stuck the fingers up and most of these guys and told them to f**k off.

We offered them contracts, they wanted more money, we weren't willing to give them that so they went elsewhere.

We seem to be doing quite intelligent business this summer too, as AJ tends to do every summer tbh.

We've built up the squad from back to front, the fact that we're almost in striker territory now is giving me a semi.

There's been talk of Fais (which would be glorious) but is there any obvious strikers that are available that could do a job? Struggling to think. If we're continuing with the AJ trend, then he's probably on the hunt for 2 more strikers. 

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The board deserve medals, to put up with all that shit from Masterton and spend time away from families unpaid because they love the club. It's not something the guy writing the letter would do.

Im not too sure a two year contract was right but we have had our fingers burned before by offering one year deals.

See the number of fans who get their knickers in a twist over the length of a manager's contract, it's absolutely laughable. It matters not one jot what the length of his contract is, what matters is what the break clause terms are (for both sides), You could sign your manager to a 10 year contract if you like, if the break clause says 3 month's salary then that's what it will cost to get rid of him. The only real relevance the length of the contract has is the time before you have to renegotiate the wage.

Edited to add: Of course, if the break clause is effectively "balance of the contract" then that's fair enough, carry on. It almost certainly isn't though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

28 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

There's been talk of Fais (which would be glorious) but is there any obvious strikers that are available that could do a job? Struggling to think. If we're continuing with the AJ trend, then he's probably on the hunt for 2 more strikers. 

He has said he's after 2 strikers but that it might take a couple of weeks. 

Scott McDonald says he wants to move to Australia so he could "do a Morris" and come to Fife instead. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

He has said he's after 2 strikers but that it might take a couple of weeks. 

Scott McDonald says he wants to move to Australia so he could "do a Morris" and come to Fife instead. 

Ew. No thanks. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Ew. No thanks. 

How about Kenny Miller then? Looks good for 38. 

You're right though - no obvious choices of decent/affordable/available strikers. Maybe a loan from down south (eg Edinburgh) though the Gavin Reilly experience might have put AJ off loaned strikers from Hearts or Hibs. 

Andy Ryan was looking handy enough but Potter talked about Smith being more of a u20s player next season. Dundee meant to be wanting shot of big Moussa but he's a carthorse and AJ doesn't usually like target men. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

How about Kenny Miller then? Looks good for 38. 

You're right though - no obvious choices of decent/affordable/available strikers. Maybe a loan from down south (eg Edinburgh) though the Gavin Reilly experience might have put AJ off loaned strikers from Hearts or Hibs. 

Andy Ryan was looking handy enough but Potter talked about Smith being more of a u20s player next season. Dundee meant to be wanting shot of big Moussa but he's a carthorse and AJ doesn't usually like target men. 

Andy Ryan might be given a chance, but can't start the season with 2 strikers, one predominantly a youth team player. Wonder if Hibs want shot of Simon Murray? Him and Fais would be spicy. 

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Andy Ryan might be given a chance, but can't start the season with 2 strikers, one predominantly a youth team player. Wonder if Hibs want shot of Simon Murray? Him and Fais would be spicy. 

AJ needs to copy JJ's example and hang about beaches in the south of France looking for Faiss mk 2.