Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Seething.

Why do you think people only have one motive for doing anything?

The only reason to leave Dunfermline for Ross County is money. Nothing to do with facilities, family life, prospects, better squad, or ambition?

Did he get a pay raise? Probably. Do County pay more than Dunfermline? Certainly. Can County afford to do this? Absolutely. Not sure why this generates so much seethe.

It certainly cannot be the attraction of living in Dingwall that took him to County

Anyone who thinks a back 5 of Robinson Williamson Ashcroft Durran Longridge  with Martin, Devine, Murdoch and Gill providing some depth isn't going to be fine at the level is clearly mad. Devine might not be a world beater but surely anyone with around 100 premiership appearances is good enough to warm the bench in the championship.

Disappointed that McManus is away but what are we meant to do? We had out we run of chucking money at folk, it didn't really work and nearly killed the club, I'm happy with a slow profitable climb thanks.

I demand instant success. I shall march upon East End and demand they get credit facilities, that they gamble and that they 'speculate to accummulate'.

Nothing less shall be acceptable.

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Durnan's capable of being a very decent defender, provided he has someone alongside him to tell him what to do. I'd expect him to do well.

Well, he has the best defender in the league beside him, so that'll help. 

Defence actually looks stronger, not sure about left back cover. Can longridge play there?

From memory Durnan looks like a Morris replacement plus he's also handy at corners and set pieces. Can't really comment on Devine, need to give him a chance but looks like backup.

Out of the rest of players to sign up would like to see Higgy resign. Not too fussed about Cardle. It will be interesting to see who else will come in. One biggish name to come I reckon with all the high earners gone like Clark and M'Voto.

20 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Well, he has the best defender in the league beside him, so that'll help. 

My only memory of Ashcroft is criminally letting the ball bounce then clumsily trying to block off McDonald in the play offs. He didn't look like the best defender in the division that night. He presumably looked better against teams other than United.

Anyway, if he's actually half decent then he should work well with Durnan.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

My only memory of Ashcroft is criminally letting the ball bounce then clumsily trying to block off McDonald in the play offs. He didn't look like the best defender in the division that night. He presumably looked better against teams other than United.

Anyway, if he's actually half decent then he should work well with Durnan.

You mean the incident where the wee rat dived and got him sent off to then be rescinded? That incident, aye? Best defender in the league m8. 

Robinson, Longridge, Ashcroft, Durnan and Williamson looks decent enough to me as a starting defence.  I think we are forgetting Beadling as well who will be in midfield providing protection to the back four but he can also cover at centre half if needed.

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

You mean the incident where the wee rat dived and got him sent off to then be rescinded? That incident, aye? Best defender in the league m8. 

I've no particular interest in the extent to which McDonald overreacted to the foul, it was the sloppy defending in the run up to the incident which stood out for me.  Amateurish stuff and not what you'd expect from a quality defender. That incident aside I've never really noticed Ashcroft. I can see that you guys rate him though.

Devine is, in the main, pretty shite. I'm sure he's had the odd wee spell/run of games with us where he has done okay  i.e. not single-handedly chucked away ridiculously soft goals or looked like he was actively trying to get himself sent off. As has been mentioned his better performances came with Liam Lindsay in beside him, so if you can give him a competent enough/experienced partner beside him then he'll maybe do alright at this level, but tbh even at that if he's a regular starter for you be prepared to get very, very frustrated with him. Fast. 

Durnan has always struck me as being a good enough heid-the-baw defender.

Defence actually looks stronger, not sure about left back cover. Can longridge play there?
From memory Durnan looks like a Morris replacement plus he's also handy at corners and set pieces. Can't really comment on Devine, need to give him a chance but looks like backup.
Out of the rest of players to sign up would like to see Higgy resign. Not too fussed about Cardle. It will be interesting to see who else will come in. One biggish name to come I reckon with all the high earners gone like Clark and M'Voto.
Well Longridge is a left back and was playing left back for Livingston so, erm, yeah.
I've no particular interest in the extent to which McDonald overreacted to the foul, it was the sloppy defending in the run up to the incident which stood out for me.  Amateurish stuff and not what you'd expect from a quality defender. That incident aside I've never really noticed Ashcroft. I can see that you guys rate him though.
Ashcroft is a great defender. Lucky if he makes one mistake a season. Wouldn't class the McDonald incident as one tbh.
I totally agree with the DAB above - letting the ball bounce and then allowing McDonald to get goal side and in a position to be able to then fall over was pretty amateurish. I remember actually shouting something like "NO! Don't let it bounce..." before a few seconds later seeing McDonald head towards goal. It was one of very few mistakes he made throughout the season though and he also chipped in with a couple of goals.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Didn't you just say you were in the queue with two shite defenders getting a refund on your ST?

Have you had a nap and changed your underwear I assume?