Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Fans of other clubs tell us our signings are shite. I'm shocked.

He wasn't too horrendous in his first season but last season was an utter footballing LOLocaust from DD.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Hey, Partick fans, what did we tell you about Devine when he signed for you? Were we right?

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Then they up being some of the best players in the league and the parachuters and dundee utd buy them. Standard

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

If you go back a bit fans were saying he was shite all through last season, it's not a sudden turn about just because he's turned up at us. It doesn't seem similar to Jock M'voto who you could have went back a few months and read good reviews, you'd have to go some to find fans praising him. 

On the face of it I'm really not impressed with this signing, which has been pretty similar to all the signings so far. Realistically do these signings look like title challenger signings? 

Then they up being some of the best players in the league and the parachuters and dundee utd buy them. Standard

If Danny Devine is anywhere near the best players in this league, we’re as well calling it quits with Scottish football.

He’s absolutely appalling at every aspect of defending/playing football more generally.

Most fans are pretty honest about ex players. Very rarely does a player move and his former fans misjudge him completely.

Danny Devine is god awful. Way worse than you could possibly fear.

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Falkirk fans said Aird & Higgy were shite

Rovers fans said McManus & M'Voto were shite.

A Hibs fans at my work even said Brewster was past it.

When we signed Higgy you didn't have Falkirk fans panning him, due to him not playing for four years, he came with mixed reviews from Partick and Killie fans who said he had good performances in him. Aird was panned but then he came with a good pedigree, anyone watching him for Canada against Scotland would know the potential was there. 

Rovers fan said M'voto was shite but then he also won there POTY, they weren't complimentary about McManus but then we'd seen him do well at Morton who were fairly complimentary about him as a player. 

Daniel Devine though? Nah. The only reason I know of his existence is due to how much Partick fans were panning him. 

Pars fans wanting a summary of opinions over the last 2 years can go to the Thistle thread on this forum and search for his surname. I will warn you it's not overwhelmingly positive... 

This could be one of those situations where a player is terrible for 2 clubs then it clicks and he's brilliant. But I wouldn't be betting the house on that. 

Can only assume nobody at Dunfermline watched the first leg of the playoff anyway. 

Danny Devine is genuinely one of the worst footballers I have ever seen play for Thistle, and I've seen plenty of shockers. A footballer who is unable to actually kick a ball properly, and is also unable to head a ball either. Can't tackle for shite either. I feel sorry for anyone who has/had to watch him play for their team.

If you take all of that away though, he's a great signing. Best of luck.