Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Funny how you only started being abusive when I pointed out that you said Lockhead was better than first team players. You just need to abuse people to make yourself look clever. People in glass houses and all that. You need to accept criticism or differing opinions without getting flappy or hysterical.

I have calling you out for talking out your arse for far, far longer than that.

Please quote that post you just referred to :)

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Seething.

Why do you think people only have one motive for doing anything?

The only reason to leave Dunfermline for Ross County is money. Nothing to do with facilities, family life, prospects, better squad, or ambition?

Did he get a pay raise? Probably. Do County pay more than Dunfermline? Certainly. Can County afford to do this? Absolutely. Not sure why this generates so much seethe.

Its not generating seethe. Its the fact that county fans  as in your post seem to think it has anything to do with facilities, family life etc.   I mean family life?  if he has a family surely more money would need to be on the cards to make him up root them to go and live in the arse end of beyond  a 3 hour trip on the road from hell away from the rest of their family?Its because he's been offered more cash full stop.  Just like when Livi pinched all the best players from everyone else except at least you seem to be able to afford it at the moment.  Frankly its just as well old Roy has loads of cash as he doesn't seem to have much idea about how to run a football side considering the amount of cash hes invested and yet where you are now. 

McManus has went to County because they pay more money and have more chance of getting promoted. I don't see what's wrong in that as I'd do exactly the same in his shoes. I liked him in a Pars shirt and it's a blow to see him leave, especially to a team in the same division. Like Clark and Aird, he'll no doubt get some stick when he comes back to play against us at EEP but I don't think it'll be justified.

For us, Morris, Aird, Clark and McManus would all have been certain starters next season, so it's a big summer rebuild for AJ and the board. There's plenty of time to do business and it will be interesting to see who gets brought in over the coming weeks/months. We've still managed to shift over 2000 STs, so the apparent lack of transfers doesn't seem to be hurting (although D.A.F.C did say he'd chuck his if McManus left...)

Certainly don't think many people will be backing us for a title push anyway. United and County are clear favourites, although they'll be the ones under pressure from the opening game and at least one of them definitely isn't winning the league...should be fun.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Followed by a nice craft ale and quinoa burger. I'm looking forward to it already.

This sounds delightful. Can't wait for the fixtures to come out.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oh and I was embarrassed to be a Pars fan listening to the Paddy Boyle podcast. It's old ground but what an absolute fucking shambles we were as a club back in those days. Just run by a bunch of clueless scumbags.

I only had time to listen to the first part, he hadn't left Partick yet. Looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

McManus has went to County because they pay more money and have more chance of getting promoted. I don't see what's wrong in that as I'd do exactly the same in his shoes. I liked him in a Pars shirt and it's a blow to see him leave, especially to a team in the same division. Like Clark and Aird, he'll no doubt get some stick when he comes back to play against us at EEP but I don't think it'll be justified.

For us, Morris, Aird, Clark and McManus would all have been certain starters next season, so it's a big summer rebuild for AJ and the board. There's plenty of time to do business and it will be interesting to see who gets brought in over the coming weeks/months. We've still managed to shift over 2000 STs, so the apparent lack of transfers doesn't seem to be hurting (although D.A.F.C did say he'd chuck his if McManus left...)

Certainly don't think many people will be backing us for a title push anyway. United and County are clear favourites, although they'll be the ones under pressure from the opening game and at least one of them definitely isn't winning the league...should be fun.

Of course he's done nothing wrong. Any of us on here would do the same.  Its the oh its no because of the money its the airport link to holland, the beautiful countryside pish being spouted that is just laughable.  Its because their paying more money and that should give them a better chance of promotion although to me their paying over the top for players that arent really worth it even at this level.  Vigurs is possibly the only one worth a bit more. I would have thought with the cash their paying better players would be available but then perhaps even that extra cash isnt enough to entice players to Dingwall when their in the championship.

Anyway, I was offered a pay rise recently to go and do the same job for another company. Obviously I turned it down. In fact I then went to my current employer and demanded a wage decrease.

Edited by DA Baracus

Clark - Decent, but genuinely didn't score many against the top 6 in 2 seasons (midfield service pish bla bla dgaf). I didn't rate him personally

McManus - Marathon runner, barn door syndrome

Aird - Played for a contract last few games just like McCabe last season

Morris - A loss as he could play out from the back a bit, but will also cost you a few times a season

Obviously no one is going to be perfect in this league, but I don't think it's panic stations yet.

Oh and I was embarrassed to be a Pars fan listening to the Paddy Boyle podcast. It's old ground but what an absolute fucking shambles we were as a club back in those days. Just run by a bunch of clueless scumbags.

He tells a great wee story of one of his trips to EEP while at Ayr in the second part.

5 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Aird - Played for a contract last few games just like McCabe last season

Total pish. I thought Aird would be dreadful but he was really good just about every time he got a chance in our first team.

I understand people naturally try and downplay how important players were after they've left but that's taking it too far. Don't start acting like a Falkirk fan pretending they've all secretly thought Sibbald was shite for years and was just overrated...

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He tells a great wee story of one of his trips to EEP while at Ayr in the second part.

Just downloaded it so looking forward to it.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Total pish. I thought Aird would be dreadful but he was really good just about every time he got a chance in our first team.

He was, my favourite player by the end of the season but why was he not played sooner? Never given a chance mid season so the question is why?  We'll never know for sure

3 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Daniel Devine signs. Ex Thistle defender.

Looks to have a fair bit of experience in Scotland/England and has played for Norn Ireland.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Daniel Devine signs. Ex Thistle defender.

Looks to have a fair bit of experience in Scotland/England and has played for Norn Ireland.

Please accept my deepest commiserations on this sad day for Dunfermline FC.