Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Did Derek Lyle ever get off the bench during his year with us? 

No. Was he at East End for a full year? Thought it was only a few weeks before he left

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No. Was he at East End for a full year? Thought it was only a few weeks before he left

I think he was here for the 04-05 and managed the to warm the bench for every minute of it (except when warming up). You're maybe thinking of Noel Whelan (3 minute career) or Gavin Reilly, who never appeared again after scoring for us at Easter Road in early August. 

46 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think he was here for the 04-05 and managed the to warm the bench for every minute of it (except when warming up). You're maybe thinking of Noel Whelan (3 minute career) or Gavin Reilly, who never appeared again after scoring for us at Easter Road in early August. 

He joined you on 21st July 2004 and re-signed for us on 29th October 2004 after negotiating his release from Dunfermline. He was with you for about 3 months. As far as I can recall he never got off the bench competitively. You were Premier League then though.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I saw every single second Noel Whelan played for us (including the West Brom friendly).

As confirmed above, Lyle was only around for a short time and didn't even make the bench. 

I don't think we'll sign another striker unless McManus leaves, I'd rather we spent our budget elsewhere aswell. I'd imagine Ryan will be Clarks replacement. 

There's a few .net posters who post some good content, Socks, GG Riva, Raymond and someone else who's name escape me are decent. 

Edited by Grant228

With a good pre season a day a run in the team Andy Ryan could do as well as Clark. Perhaps AJ knew Clark was leaving when he said he expectedly big things of Ryan next season a few weeks ago?

Ryan picked up a few injuries last season. Definitely need someone to challenge him for a starting spot/provide cover, at the very least. Neither McManus or Smith are 15+ goals per season strikers at this level.

I was listening to the Roker Report podcast with the new Sunderland owners and it was mentioned that, in the past few seaosns, the youth players were annoyed at being denied the opportunity to go out on loan. With Jack Ross now manager, and Potter a good mate of his, unearthing another Beadling or two on loan could be an option.

I think AJ also said he has been speaking to Leeds Utd as well.

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Bit harsh on Shandon imo

Socks always puts over a detailed and reasoned point of view. Very articulate. Likes a good shout and a swear at games.

On here, not really made my mind up yet but Shandon comes across well.

Back in the early days of Dafc.net it was a great laugh at times. There was craic and even nights out so folk actually knew each other. Lot of them drink in Charlie D's nowadays pre-match.

Theparsclub is there for use. It's not attracted the numbers we had anticipated but it does away fine. 

Shiels’ contract isn’t being renewed. Good luck to him, I really enjoyed watching him in his first few months.

It says further information in due course. Shoogly peg for big Wedderburn maybe? I adore Cardle when he's on form but is anonymous for most of most seasons. M'Voto surpassed expectations - certainly decent cover at the back. Talbot? Might be one that we might re-sign if AJ can't find better.