Walking Down The Halbeath Road

39 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

In less topical news, former player Jack de Gier has took over as NEC Nijmegen boss. He's done well the past few seasons, getting provincial Almere City to the Eerste Divisie play-offs two seasons in a row. Let's get a wee friendly arranged over in Holland. 

Impressive stuff. Hope he does well.

Obviously the Faiss stuff was a joke to start with but it's hardly a ridiculous transfer/loan. He previously played for the club and did well, he's not getting a regular game for Dundee, we have an obvious gap up front following Clark's departure.

It might not happen but it's not a total fantasy idea.

Dundee, Stirling Albion, Brechin and Peterhead in Betfred Cup group D. I’d rather Dundee at home, not really that fussed about whether we play the other three home or away.

Pretty shit group tbh.

Isn’t the top seed always at home to the second seed?

Aye. I didn’t realise that was the format until someone pointed it out on the League Cup thread earlier.

Pretty happy with the group overall. Shouldn't cause us too much trouble but that isn't me being complacent. It'll be a good match against Dundee as well - nothing to fear though. 

I'm saying our fixtures will be;

Stirling (A)

Peterhead (H)

Brechin (H)

Dundee (A) (Live on BT Sport)

Both home matches to be a Tuesday with our match day off being the second Saturday. 

Edited by dafcburty

29 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Pretty happy with the group overall. Shouldn't cause us too much trouble but that isn't me being complacent. It'll be a good match against Dundee as well - nothing to fear though. 

I'm saying our fixtures will be;

Stirling (A)

Peterhead (H)

Brechin (H)

Dundee (A) (Live on BT Sport)

Both home matches to be a Tuesday with our match day off being the second Saturday. 

Would happily take that.

14 hours ago, DAFC. said:

In less topical news, former player Jack de Gier has took over as NEC Nijmegen boss. He's done well the past few seasons, getting provincial Almere City to the Eerste Divisie play-offs two seasons in a row. Let's get a wee friendly arranged over in Holland. 

Met Jack and Michel Doesburg in Harrlem Holland about 10 year ago at a football tournament. Top blokes and spoke highly about their time in Scottish football.

46 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Also, had a wee look on Wiki and apparently if AJ sees out the full length of his new deal, he'll become the sixth longest serving manager in the club's history.

If he continues beyond the end of the new contract, he'd probably move past Bert Paton and Harry Melrose into the top three.

If we get promoted its likely he will see out his contract unless a bigger team come calling, its pretty impressive tbh 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, contract wise I believe we've not yet heard anything about M'Voto, Morris, Higgy, Nat, McManus, Cardle, Talbot or Shiels?

I'd keep them all apart from Shiels.

Hopefully we'll hear more this coming week

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd keep them all apart from Shiels.

Hopefully we'll hear more this coming week

Depends on what contract they're willing to accept, the likes of M'voto and Cardle will be on a higher wage, if they're willing to take a deduction I'd be delighted to keep them as squad players. Would like to keep Morris and Higgy (although sub the bloke more when he's having his poorer games), release Shiels, Talbot and Nat. I'm generally not fussed by McManus, he's one of those strikers that doesn't score allot of goals and his all around play isn't all that, is he any better than Moffat? Bless him his work rate is absolutely awe inspiring but I wouldn't be upset if he was to go. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, contract wise I believe we've not yet heard anything about M'Voto, Morris, Higgy, Nat, McManus, Cardle, Talbot or Shiels?

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think McManus is better than Moffat, although I fully understand the comparison.

Agreed. Personally I'd like McManus to be signed up right away