Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 11/23/2017 at 09:37, All-Star-Par said:

Still doesnt sit right that as a fan owned club they just went ahead and made this decision without consulting the support. If they had informed us and it went tits up from the beginning people may have been a little more patient with the issues but if I recall correctly instead we were informed a few days before the first home game to arrive early and that was the first most people had heard about it.

It's getting very fucking tiresome and makes us look amateur that it's still not functioning properly this far into the season. 

I think you'll find it will be the owners of East End Park who have paid for the installation of the ticket readers, to add for info I've not had any problems getting through the gate at all and think its far faster than before.

How many points do you think would be an acceptable total to pick up between now and the end of 2017? I'm going for 10.
December fixtures:
2nd - United (A)
9th - Queens (H)
16th - St Mirren (A)
23rd - Brechin (H)
30th - Livingston (A)

0-4pts: not acceptable, Johnston under real pressure

5-7pts: not good enough, no real pressure unless other results go against us and we start losing a lot ground on top 4

8pts: good

9-10pts: very good, playoff looks more likely

11-15: not good enough, Johnston under serious pressure

While I'm not saying AJ is under pressure I just feel that he has reached the top of what he can do in terms of tactics and team selection. I would argue we are slightly underperforming in terms of resources but it's not enough to warrant a managerial change. I would wait until the end of the season and even if we make the playoffs I think we should be looking at new managers now. AJ took us out of the abyss but imo he just doesn't have the tactical nous but I enjoy the way he makes us play and when it comes off it's great to watch. I'm treating the rest of the season as a free go. No point getting excited unless we can pill off three or four amazing signings. It seems the way every season under AJ, unbalanced squad bailed out by January signings.

I still can't believe we let Josh and Geggan go leaving us with Nat, Shiels who isn't really a centre mid and a youngster who hasn't kicked a ball for a fucking year, and now can't kick a ball for a broken leg. Surely to f**k we should have some more central cover and competition

Geggan was a daft one. Good cover for right back and a midfielder who could play defensive and attacking. If he wanted to get first team games then fair enough. There doesn't seem to be any reasoning to his choices at times. It's not disaster yet but the fact that everyone could see it coming months ago is infuriating.

Edit to add

I mean the lack of actual quality midfielders. Quality over quantity. Really? A right winger, striker and a guy who hadn't kicked a ball in a year. Stfu

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

There's no way AJ really thought we were the better side today, right? He' s saying that for morale or something, surely?!

I can't remember the United keeper having to make one serious save. We were deservedly beaten and other than a brief second half rally, we were thoroughly shite.

Maybe he thinks they're another side you should be blowing away?

On 02/12/2017 at 21:00, D.A.F.C said:

While I'm not saying AJ is under pressure I just feel that he has reached the top of what he can do in terms of tactics and team selection. I would argue we are slightly underperforming in terms of resources but it's not enough to warrant a managerial change. I would wait until the end of the season and even if we make the playoffs I think we should be looking at new managers now. AJ took us out of the abyss but imo he just doesn't have the tactical nous but I enjoy the way he makes us play and when it comes off it's great to watch. I'm treating the rest of the season as a free go. No point getting excited unless we can pill off three or four amazing signings. It seems the way every season under AJ, unbalanced squad bailed out by January signings.

I would concur with this, he seems like a nice enough guy but personally I don't think he has enough about him tactically to take us up. I also wouldn't wait to the end of the season purely due to the fact that this league is here for the taking this year, United aren't world beaters and we have already pumped the other two above us. If we could put a decent run together we could win this thing and we might not get as good a chance again for sometime. 

I am also aware that the board won't have the stones to roll that dice though. Everything is bubbling along nicely for the whole 'family club' nice image that they're keen to portray and a managerial change might disrupt that as AJ will be seen with having been with us 'through this whole journey zzzzzz' but in reality for a lot of us the club is going stale under the current management on the park (tried extremely hard not to mention boring or turnstiles). All my opinion of course.