Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

Who the f**k is Aaron Splaine

Posted on the Summer Signings thread but:

Aaron Splaine, who is English born but has lived in Newton Stewart since school age, came through our Club Academy system and then had a season with our u19's before the SPFL merger changed them to u20's. He refused to sign professionally and only registered as an amateur thereby preventing us from getting compensation from anyone if he left. He was offered a first team apprenticeship with us by Allan Johnston just before he left for Kilmarnock and then was lured to Kilmarnock by Johnston as soon as he got the job there instead. Made a first team breakthrough at the end of the next season but fell out of favour when Johnston left and was released last summer. As far as I knew he'd been clubless for a year but it appears he's played a bit for Stranraer 20's. Not sure if he registered for them or was playing as a Trialist.

He was a forward when he played for us, and when he played for Kilmarnock as far as I know though I see he's now described as a left midfielder. You'll be amused to know he was at one point described as "the next Gavin Reilly".:P

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aaron Splaine, who is English born but has lived in Newton Stewart since school age, came through our Club Academy system and then had a season with our u19's before the SPFL merger changed them to u20's. He refused to sign professionally and only registered as an amateur thereby preventing us from getting compensation from anyone if he left. He was offered a first team apprenticeship with us by Allan Johnston just before he left for Kilmarnock and then was lured to Kilmarnock by Johnston as soon as he got the job there instead. Made a first team breakthrough at the end of the next season but fell out of favour when Johnston left and was released last summer. As far as I knew he'd been clubless for a year but it appears he's played a bit for Stranraer 20's. Not sure if he registered for them or was playing as a Trialist.

He was a forward when he played for us, and when he played for Kilmarnock as far as I know though I see he's now described as a left midfielder. You'll be amused to know he was at one point described as "the next Gavin Reilly".:P

Oh good. Former Queens players have been a roaring success for us in the last decade or so. 

He was a forward when he played for us, and when he played for Kilmarnock as far as I know though I see he's now described as a left midfielder. You'll be amused to know he was at one point described as "the next Gavin Reilly".[emoji14]

[emoji23]

Who'd have thought McManus wouldn't be the funniest signing of the day.

Came on here to see what everyone was thinking about the McManus deal and wasn't surprised to see Rovers fans laughing at this.

In all seriousness though, I think he could do really well for you, if given the right service.

He will work his absolute socks off in the games he starts. Not so much if he's coming off the bench.

He started to come onto a bit of a game towards the end of the season as well by scoring 4 in his last 5 games.

I'd have happily taken him back for next season.

In saying that after M'Voto and now McManus... I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wonderkid, Scott Roberts, rocking up at your place soon. :lol:

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

McManus was dreadful in all 4 Fife derby's last season :lol:

Have to disagree. The first game he tore our central defence apart, but that wasn't particularly spectacular as BRE was part of it. 

McManus a half decent signing, liked the look of him at the 2nd leg of the play off semi against Brechin. (Complete opposite of what I thought about Mvoto [emoji23])

Would expect him to do well against the likes of the aforementioned Brechin, Dumbarton etc.

Haven't a clue about this Splaine c**t. Difficult to get excited about a 20 year old who hasn't had a kick at a baw in over a year. AJ seems to really rate him going by his interview so he will probably be absolutely pissing mince.

Shaping up for a solid 7th place finish. Buzzing.