Walking Down The Halbeath Road

.net for this unsubstantiated drooling drivel.

It's not really unsubstantiated though. We'll lose about what - maybe £130k with Raith and Hibs being replaced by Inverness and Livi. The pitch was £40k +. They say non-match day takings are down so that's maybe £200k down on last year's budget straight away. That equates to the wages of quite a few players at our level.

I think we've been open and sensible. Rope in another four or five players of the same standard as the existing spine of the team and then have cheap young lads on the bench and hope for the best injury-wise. The consistency of team selection and fitness for the last couple of years would suggest it's a calculated gamble to go for quality over quantity in the playing squad.

Does anyone want to break it to poor Hawk that we turned a small profit last season?

Add on a quid for every punter paying at the gate and the extra season ticket revenue and you've clawed back a fair whack. Perhaps if Falkirk and Utd are in with a chance of the title they'll bring bigger supports...i don't think it's as bad as people make out. Hopefully we can get out of the league cup group stage this time... And a extra round in the Scottish if the draw is favorable? Not budgeted for, but potential for reducing that deficit from Hibs and Rovers again.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

York are saying Queens have signed Shaun Rooney - good/bad?

Out of his depth in league one a bit more of an attacking threat than Williamson but an even worse defender. May have got better while at York, however, I doubt it. Would rather have Sandy Clark at RB in the championship than Rooney.

Looking at the squad, i think Murdoch, Ashcroft, Morris, Higginbotham, Wedderburn and Clark are players of the quality for a side pushing for a promotion play off spot.

No clue how M'Voto will fit in, the likes of Talbot and Williamson are average enough, though i had hoped the latter would have progressed a bit further than he has.

Can't say i'm fussed about McCabe going, in fact i don't think we should have kept any of the players who have left so far. Paton's the only player whose future still needs resolved, yet is he good enough if we want to move forward as a club?

For me, the likes of Martin, Cardle and Hopkirk aren't cut out for this level, how Hopkirk managed to get a two year deal despite not even being a regular when we were in League 1 is bizarre.

Still a long way to go if we're going to have a team that's good enough to push for a top four finish.

Realistically the only areas that desperately need filled are:

- Striker to partner St. Nick

- Winger

- Creative midfielder to play alongside Nat

- Right-back (considering we resigned Talbot I can only assume we will be playing 4 at the back)

We could use some bolstering of the midfield as we are very light there, Hopkirk is fine as back-up up front.

There's also the possibility he will use Williamson as first-choice and a youth team guy as back-up, which would make his comment about the defense being fine absolutely correct, that would be a bit of a gamble given his injury record though.

Needing 3 key positions filled and maybe 1-3 extra in as squad players at this stage is absolutely no reason for the levels on dimwitted hysteria being spouted by some.

I would actually ejaculate if we got Faiss though, even thinking about Faiss and St. Nick together is making me noticeably erect. Adding M'Voto and Nat to the equation is profoundly orgasmic.

Totally disagree that Cardle isn't cut out for the Championship. He lacks consistency but he still has quality.
I'm fairly confident our first choice XI will be pretty handy but our depth does look scary at the minute. Perhaps they have high hopes for a couple of the Under 20 guys?

I agree about Cardle. A good preseason and he could be like a new signing. AJ has to be creative and work with what he has got. Joe can score against anyone.

Also... on dot net. I hate to criticise but I saw a bit of a consensus of a slagging of Moff and Geggan about not thanking fans. They both gave really good video interviews when signing for Ayr saying how much they enjoyed being at East End and how much they appreciated the support they got from Pars fans over the years. Not their fault if folk don't have the brains to look beyond what's posted on dot net or dafc.co.uk.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It's not really unsubstantiated though. We'll lose about what - maybe £130k with Raith and Hibs being replaced by Inverness and Livi. The pitch was £40k +. They say non-match day takings are down so that's maybe £200k down on last year's budget straight away. That equates to the wages of quite a few players at our level.

Thank you Shandon, thought that was pretty straightforward. 

Don't know about season tickets making up the difference, reckon we will sell about the same as last year.  

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Also... on dot net. I hate to criticise but I saw a bit of a consensus of a slagging of Moff and Geggan about not thanking fans. They both gave really good video interviews when signing for Ayr saying how much they enjoyed being at East End and how much they appreciated the support they got from Pars fans over the years. Not their fault if folk don't have the brains to look beyond what's posted on dot net or dafc.co.uk.

Do folk really care if players thank the fans when they move on? Mental stuff.

Do folk really care if players thank the fans when they move on? Mental stuff.

People get far too personal about this sort of thing.

We payed these guys to do a job(except when we 'forgot' for a while for a Geggan) they did that reasonably well and have now moved on. They didn't play because they loved the pars and we didn't employ them out of the goodness of our hearts. No need to over complicate it all.

12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Totally disagree that Cardle isn't cut out for the Championship. He lacks consistency but he still has quality.

I'm fairly confident our first choice XI will be pretty handy but our depth does look scary at the minute. Perhaps they have high hopes for a couple of the Under 20 guys?

I think Cardle lost his place after a couple of poor performances, then any time he did get a run out from the bench, he tried way too hard and ended up making a mess of things. He started getting a wee bit kicky and hacky, thus ending up picking up cards which didn't help his claim for a starting spot. 

If Jo gets the chance this season I'm sure we'll see that he has still got the skills needed to both cut it at this level, and become a fans favourite all over again. 

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If that's not bad enough, that lot on .net still think Faiss owes them something. The 30 odd goals for the wages he was on wasn't enough for that bunch of bawbags, they feel he should have turned up on their command for a pat on the back award too. His name is mud to that lot now, because he had better things to do. Securing the best deal for his services possible being one of them. 

On Cardle, he's clearly good enough for this level, he's got a Championship medal to prove it. I just wish he'd mix up his game sometimes. He drifts in when the ball is on the opposite flank and yes, it pulls defenders out of position and causes them problems... But I'd like to see him play more as a winger and just give the other team a headache not knowing what he's going to do. It's nice to have width on both sides, which McMullan helped do.