Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Posted this on another forum;

Worth noting that last season there were 287 charges made under the Offensive Behaviour at Football act. This is across all SPFL games, including league and cup games. It's also worth noting that last season the total number of people who attended all SPFL games was 4.18 million. This does not include cup games, European games or internationals.

This means that approximately 0.0068% of those who attended an SPFL game in Scotland last season caused some sort of trouble.

Can't find any numbers on arrests over Scottish football, but I imagine they'd struggle to break triple figures. I know there were a lot of arrests over the cup final, but that a one off and not indicative of football fans in general.

Yet apparently there is some huge issue that needs addressed.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

In the last few decades, the worst behaviour I have seen from Pars fans at games include such atrocities as...

A cup of tea was thrown
A linesman was skelped with a pie
Some boys celebrated near the corner flag when we scored two magnificent goals against a team from two leagues above last season
A streaker gave himself some carpet burns
A bear in a tank offended some people

I also saw an act of theft of some confectionery from the pie stall at an away game. It was an audacious, brazen piece of criminality, bordering on artful. I ain't no grass so I ain't saying nuffink more on that.

What about the streaker on the roof of the NW? That was my personal favourite!

40 minutes ago, smpar said:

Derek Young pelted and old guy in the face with a wayward shot during the warmup before a game. No euph.

I thought you'd be too young to remember Derek Young. Derek Young wearing the sombrero after scoring (we'd qualified for Europe) was a cheery moment. 

There are still many fans who don't have access to internet. Then there are folks like me who won't put their bank details into a computer. I don't have PayPal or any kind of online banking. This now means I can't go to this game unless I get someone to order me a ticket. 
A ticket tout could maybe make a couple of quid out of this scenario, buy tickets and sell them out side the ground. I know they'll have to give their name, but you could claim that your pals couldn't make it to the game so you sold the spare tickets. 
As far as I'm concerned some smart people will turn over a few quid via this set up, and it'll not take long until they do. 

I'll get you a ticket. But seeing as you are some sort of enemy of the state, unable to put payment details into a website, because they'll have choppers descending on your location within minutes ... it's going to cost. I'll also need you to sign some paperwork regarding strict liability.

Let me know if you're interested.

48 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Looks like we have no intention of bringing anyone in and Hoppy will be our backup striker.

Hoppy has been on the loan list Nov and Dec . He might be on the bench this week but if the right club comes in he will be off on loan 

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

I feel like you were on the pitch not too long ago but can't remember when.

Hmm, I don't think he was. He would have brought it up by now.

Hoppy has been on the loan list Nov and Dec . He might be on the bench this week but if the right club comes in he will be off on loan 

Was about to refute this but then realised who the poster was.

Carry on.