Walking Down The Halbeath Road

. Would hope he will be immediately sacked if found guilty.

If he gets found guilty would we be able to sack him? We hired him fully aware that the court case was happening and realistically there's people in football with far worse history, the court will hand down what they find to be a suitable punishment and he'll have to deal with that. I wouldn't be keen on him as a person but in the past we've had Harper and Macguire while other teams have had Tiffoney? And Lithgow.

Why the f**k go back on dot net? What do you expect? Bunch of utter fools on there.

At least we don't have Phil McGuire and Eddie May rocking it still or the poor Cowden fans would be frothing.

Hey Mackieboz cool yir jets neeb. I only read the post, I can't post. I despise that shite so much we started an alternative website for fans, and it's a much better product. I read all things Pars.

Here's a question for people on here. Would your employer sack an employee in similar circumstances if they were found guilty of a similar crime? Would you as an individual be comfortable working alongside such a person? Do you accept people make mistakes and find it within yourself to be more tolerate and forgiving etc etc, a thousand ways to come at this. But for now he's playing football and is innocent until proven guilty.

If he gets found guilty would we be able to sack him? We hired him fully aware that the court case was happening and realistically there's people in football with far worse history, the court will hand down what they find to be a suitable punishment and he'll have to deal with that. I wouldn't be keen on him as a person but in the past we've had Harper and Macguire while other teams have had Tiffoney? And Lithgow.

It's a good point. BBC says his case is due in August so it's probably something Dunfermline will decide upon at contract renewal time. Certainly far easier to not offer him a contract? I imagine, if found guilty, most clubs would be able to sack a player.

It's quite an emotive subject though, don't imagine many fans of clubs wanting him. I don't really know anything about Harper or Macguire?

But then Dundee were quite happy to keep McGowan despite numerous instances of being an utter scumbag.

Here's a question for people on here. Would your employer sack an employee in similar circumstances if they were found guilty of a similar crime? Would you as an individual be comfortable working alongside such a person? Do you accept people make mistakes and find it within yourself to be more tolerate and forgiving etc etc, a thousand ways to come at this. But for now he's playing football and is innocent until proven guilty.

I wouldn't compare this to your average workplace tbh. Craig Reid is a role model as a footballer, and even more so as a more senior and experienced player. The club also has to think about its own image if and when a decision is made, some kind of statement would need to be made to signify condemnation for that kind of thing, if that would mean sacking him then I'd get right behind the club.

However, no verdict has been made and we'll have to reserve judgement until then.

The point I'm making is it'll be discussed to death by people who will judge without asking too many questions of themselves. He's still innocent and until he's been through the courts people should reserve judgement. I'm well aware of the clubs situation by the way. My post was playing Devils Advocate

Would Reid get a contract offer anyway? Williamson is our outstanding right back - looked like a star in the making before the leg break. Reid has done a good job as a solid replacement but the easiest option could be for us to say thank you and goodbye.

Here's a question for people on here. Would your employer sack an employee in similar circumstances if they were found guilty of a similar crime? Would you as an individual be comfortable working alongside such a person? .

Probably not as long as the punishment handed down to him didn't impare his productivity or attendance, would I be happy to work with him? I genuinely don't know,it wouldn't affect my work, I might just not like the guy though.

It's a good point. BBC says his case is due in August so it's probably something Dunfermline will decide upon at contract renewal time. Certainly far easier to not offer him a contract? I imagine, if found guilty, most clubs would be able to sack a player.

It's quite an emotive subject though, don't imagine many fans of clubs wanting him. I don't really know anything about Harper or Macguire?

But then Dundee were quite happy to keep McGowan despite numerous instances of being an utter scumbag.

One of those things, if he's an outstanding player fans are allot quicker to forgive, if Faiss was beating his Mum I'd still offer him a new contract.

. The club also has to think about its own image .

We fucked over a ton of creditors, our image isn't exactly tip top, we're going around more or less asking for people to forgive us for past indiscretions.

What is the deal with the Robinson signing?  Seems a strange one at this time of the season, with the league wrapped up, AJ not fancy trying out the younger players?

Had this discussion last week with someone from Ayr about the amateur contract, a player has to register with an amateur team before signing amateur with a professional club, is that true enough?

What is the deal with the Robinson signing? Seems a strange one at this time of the season, with the league wrapped up, AJ not fancy trying out the younger players?

Had this discussion last week with someone from Ayr about the amateur contract, a player has to register with an amateur team before signing amateur with a professional club, is that true enough?

Think he's been signed with the remaining games in mind, reckon he'll get a run out today, he will get minutes at some point.

Doubtful.

He's been signed basically as a trial, not uncommon for teams to have players in on trial during pre-season.

Ok so probably tempting fait here and expecting a mass brawl against Stranraer but with the only red card we have received all season having been rescinded nobody has been sent off (correctly) this year, must have been quite a while since we could say that!

Ok so probably tempting fait here and expecting a mass brawl against Stranraer but with the only red card we have received all season having been rescinded nobody has been sent off (correctly) this year, must have been quite a while since we could say that!

Not including Alan Johnstone ?

Up before the beaks this week with Nish.