Walking Down The Halbeath Road

First things first, for those thinking about saying First Division forum for this pish, it will be there soon enough, yet you're stuck with us until GTF day! wink.gif

Nevertheless, now that our relegation has been confirmed, we could sit here and sulk about it, yet i'm sure the majority of Pars fans prepared for this moment weeks ago and now that the inevitable has occured, we can now focus on looking towards JJ assembling his own team in the summer.

Here's how we're looking right now...

2012/13 Dunfermline Athletic Squad
Paul Gallacher
-
Andy Dowie
Jordan McMillan
Kerr Young
-
Paul Burns
Shaun Byrne
Joe Cardle
Josh Falkingham
Chris Kane
Ryan Thomson
Alex Whittle
Paul Willis
-
Andy Barrowman
Andy Kirk
Ryan Wallace

Offered New Deals
Liam Buchanan

New Signings
Josh Falkingham - Arbroath
Andy Geggan - Ayr Utd
Chris Kane - Hearts
Ryan Wallace - East Fife
Alex Whittle - Nike Academy

Loaned Out
Paddy Boyle - Gateshead (6 months)

Players Released
Steven Bell
Pat Clarke - Raith Rovers
Bernardo Fernandez
David Graham - Morton
Martin Hardie
Alex Keddie
Mark Kerr
Gary Mason - Retired
Austin McCann - Ayr Utd
Steven McDougall - Dumbarton
John Potter
Nick Phinn
Kevin Rutkiewicz
Chris Smith

Edited by Parscelona

Andy Barrowman and Burns under contract.

oh_god_why_guy_rage_face_meme_poster-rc383aa28a2e04ebb908b464c77ece243_a21y_328.jpg?bg=0xFFFFFF

Well, to be serious, at least we've got Paul Gallacher in goals, a good goalkeeper in the SPL, never mind 1st Division. Jordan MacMillan looks to be a decent right back, but JJ has a big task ahead of him. Not going to be like I was back in 2007 and expect immediate promotion. At worst I think we'll finish mid-table, but we'll probably finish 2nd or 3rd. Dundee to be promoted.

Edited by DAFC.

Burns is about as useful as an inflatable dartboard, that c**t. Can remember some QoS fans nearly greetin' on here at his departure and saying how he should have got a contract to an SPL side before he did laugh.gif

Edited by DAFC.

Not starting any rumours like, but the boy who delivers oor paper's dad's boss's nephew's best pal's girlfriend's gran's next door neighbour's grandaughter's boyfriend's mum's pal, who works beside a guy that knows somebody that used to work beside a lassie that went wi a boy that played fitbaw, said that two players were signing for Dunfermline. Can't remember their names though, was it Bryan Wallace and Robbie Flynn? Something like that anyway. Heard they're fucking excellent!

Buchanan, Phinn, Hardie I'd like to see Dundee make a move for. Sadly Smith would probably go for Rustybits and Potter!

What for? Will you mince them up and use them for the pies at the first home game of next season?

Would take Rutkiewicz to replace the departing Stuart McCaffrey.

David Graham would slot in nicely at right mid, or Paul Burns if you'd be so kind as to release him from his deal. Always rated Burns at Queens, and would do a decent job for us.

If Steven Bell can prove his fitness he would be an asset to any first division team.

I'd also be happy to sign Mason, Hardie, Phinn, and Kerr, although the latter would probably be outwith of the wage budget for any first division side.

Buchanan is a proven finisher at first division level. Hardies I'd build the midfield around and Phinn would be to replace Riley, if the rumours are true.

Nicky Phinn has played about two games in two seasons while Hardie is completely finished as a footballer. If we had any sense we would keep hold of Buchanan.

Under Contract

Paul Gallacher (unless he cuts his wages)

Paddy Boyle

Jordan McMillan

Paul Burns (sell him for a steak bridie)

Joe Cardle

Ryan Thomson

Alex Whittle

Paul Willis

Andy Barrowman

Andy Kirk

Players Out Of Contract

Steven Bell (only 3 months to prove fitness if not then punt)

Liam Buchanan

Pat Clarke

Andy Dowie

Bernardo Fernandez(didnt have a chance so could be a good keeper( anyone is better than smith)

David Graham

Martin Hardie

Alex Keddie

Mark Kerr

Gary Mason

Austin McCann

Steven McDougall

John Potter

Nick Phinn

Kevin Rutkiewicz

Chris Smith

id keep the players who aint been scored out as there good enough to compete also still young except mason but still good enough imo

Edited by dafc_lee

We need to rebuild the defence and midfield. I wouldn't see burns as a starter but he's proven at first division level and he's a decent player to have since he can play a fair few positions.

Mason is past it, watching him this season has been painful, trees run faster. Bell needs a chance to prove himself, but only a few months, Phinn is too broken so needs to go, not a clue on the Keeper, he was a desperate signing at the time, but that's not to say he doesn't have quality. We'll hopefully get a look at him on Saturday.

Buchannan, again for 1st division level, he is proven and he must stay, along with Kirk and Barrowman, there is a good mix of strikers which would serve anyone well in the first.

Graham, I'd keep. The rest of the out of contracters can go to give JJ a chance to make his own stamp on the squad. To be honest, I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to that though. I don't fancy a season of "nil nil for an hour then have a go". In the first, I doubt he'll have us anywhere near as entertaining as Mcintyre did.

Edited by gingapar

:(

Keep him for a laugh?

Nah, i got more of a laugh at you lot struggling to keep yourselves in the fist division this year. ;)

Pretty much agree with all of that Gingapar, would love to see Bell getting himself back in the mix. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, this has been an absolutely brutal injury for him and who knows if he will come back the player he was.

That would be a massive signing for the first division IMO.

He's not really bothered about the cash at this stage in his career. I think he's just glad he's still got a career.

Hearts get first refusal and if we don't take it up it's almost certain he'll join up with JJ IMO.