GAA.. All ireland finals

magee84

Hurling is the second greatest game in the world.

I have family from Wexford so when I was over earlier in the year was lucky enough to attend Wexford V Galway at Wexford Park.

Galway outclassed Wexford on that day and I thought they would easily win the All Ireland.

The first 60 minutes of the final were pretty insipid with neither team playing particularly well, but fair play to Limerick for managing to hold on to the end.

Joe Canning's magnificent goal from the free would have graced any final.

This had been a great year for Hurling with the new format producing plenty of classic games however I think the GAA will need to look at the fixture scheduling as some of the teams did seem to tire when games were played on consecutive weekends.

Caught various snippets of the Football but it does nothing for me at times some of the low scoring games can be like watching paint dry.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched the first half. Kilkenny were on top and Tipp looked awful then in the space of about 5 minutes Tipp score and there’s the idiotic red and the game was done.

Amazing sport too watch, f**k playing it though.
Yeh red card had big bearing but Tipp really upted it 2nd half with some great scores. Better team won..

• 10 months later...

Been reading and following East Belfast GAA on Twitter. Guy set it up I think as a bit of a joke whilst bored on a Sunday morning watching The Marr Show on BBC and it's gone from strength to strength.

Seems to be trying to make it a cross community club and open to players of all abilities, ages and skills. I've always fancied the football but never played it, shame don't live there as it seems this would be the perfect club for anyone who's never played or knew anything about the sport. 

Any news on when the season gets back? I've always enjoyed watching bits of it but never got round to following it regularly. 

Been reading and following East Belfast GAA on Twitter. Guy set it up I think as a bit of a joke whilst bored on a Sunday morning watching The Marr Show on BBC and it's gone from strength to strength.
Seems to be trying to make it a cross community club and open to players of all abilities, ages and skills. I've always fancied the football but never played it, shame don't live there as it seems this would be the perfect club for anyone who's never played or knew anything about the sport. 
Any news on when the season gets back? I've always enjoyed watching bits of it but never got round to following it regularly. 
I heard they were doing a mini championship starting August but not sure, will have a look.

• 5 months later...
Hardly bottling it. Dublin are simply a much much better team 
Perhaps you should review the history between both teams over last 5 years. Mayo have choked from very winnable situations on a few occasions. They were also level with about 10 mins left yesterday and fucked up several times close to goal with slips, overthrown passes and stupid wides. Phycological issue there for several years

• 7 months later...

Just back from South Ireland today but watched the hurling All Ireland semis over the weekend.

Yesterday's between Cork and Kilkenny was an absolute thriller although the brother in law was pretty gutted with Cork winning in extra time (was in Croke Park supporting Kilkenny).

Cork v Limerick final there to look forward to.

Meanwhile Kerry v Tyrone has been cancelled this weekend due to Covid issues in the Tyrone ranks.

Just back from South Ireland today but watched the hurling All Ireland semis over the weekend.

Yesterday's between Cork and Kilkenny was an absolute thriller although the brother in law was pretty gutted with Cork winning in extra time (was in Croke Park supporting Kilkenny).

Cork v Limerick final there to look forward to.

Meanwhile Kerry v Tyrone has been cancelled this weekend due to Covid issues in the Tyrone ranks.
South Ireland?
Rest of post stacks up, Kilkenny v Cork was immense. Limerick heavy favs for title though.
In the football, Dublin didn't look great against Kildare but are still favourites. Kerry and Mayo the only resistance

IT'S OVER!!! IT'S MOTHERF***ING OVER!!!

F*** THE DUBS!!! 

Some comeback from Mayo, who were brutal first half. Dublin seemed to run out of steam massively and Mayo throughly deserved their win. Magnificent sporting occasion.