GAA.. All ireland finals

magee84

I watched Donegal knock Tyrone out of Ulster yesterday. A very tight game and Tyrone came to regret a number of missed chances in the first half, they should have come more than just a point ahead. Donegal strangled them in the second half and hit a few fine scores to pull clear. Tyrone almost pulled it out of the fire at the end with a great save denying Martin Penrose a goal in injury time. You have to wonder what would have happened had Cavanagh and Coney been fit to play. Positives for Tyrone anyway with some younger players doing very well, Conor Clarke in particular.

Donegal are clearly a nightmare to play against and will be awkward opponents for even the best teams. I don't think there is an All-Ireland in them however.

Was at the Leinster double header last weekend, great match between Kildare and Meath which ended with a shock but thoroughly deserved win for Meath. Dubs were poor and somewhat fortunate against Wexford. Good final ahead tho.

Kilkenny will definately be a wounded animal after the defeat but nobody would ever be crazy enough to count them out the All Ireland just yet. Certainly refreshing seeing them beaten though. Sure i read somewhere it was their first Championship defeat since 04. Unbelievable record.

Their loss in the final to Tipp in 2010 was their first defeat since (Galway again) 2005 Phil

22 straight Championship victories in a row,a record thats unlikely to ever be beaten

As you are saying though,only a fool would write them off.Makes for an exciting Championship ,I just hope we (Limerick) don't draw them in the next round

Dont blame you Caoimhin, they'll be out to prove a point and whoever has them will be in for a hard day. Clare next for Limerick am I correct? Would you be confident mate?

Kerry and Tyrone is a massive game ,hard to believe one of them will be going out of the Championship before the provincial finals are even played

Belter of a draw for a qualifier but not good for Tyrone. Kerry will get a lift from their great escape at the weekend and the chance to finally put one over on Tyrone, and in front of their own support, will bring them on further. Might even be the spur Kerry need to get going and have another good crack at Sam. For all that the younger Tyrone players are doing well and gaining experience I think this is a bridge too far. Kerry to win with a bit to spare - although I would f*cking love to see Spillane's face if Tyrone won in Killarney :D .

Kerry v Tyrone is a cracker for a qualifier, two teams who look to have struggled so far this year but fancy Kerry to be too strong for them.

I agree with you Phil but a bit harsh to say that Tyrone have struggled this year. Tyrone's record in all competitions this year is 14 wins from 16 games! The defeat in tha championship against Donegal came down to 1 great save in injury time, nothing much in it at all. I think Mickey Harte has done really well over the past few months to start building a new team. Had it not been for the loss to injury of Sean Cavanagh, Kyle Coney and Ronan O'Neill his team would have been even more competitive. The performance of Darren McCurry on his debut on Saturday (0-4 from the bench) was another positive.

I agree with you Phil but a bit harsh to say that Tyrone have struggled this year. Tyrone's record in all competitions this year is 14 wins from 16 games! The defeat in tha championship against Donegal came down to 1 great save in injury time, nothing much in it at all. I think Mickey Harte has done really well over the past few months to start building a new team. Had it not been for the loss to injury of Sean Cavanagh, Kyle Coney and Ronan O'Neill his team would have been even more competitive. The performance of Darren McCurry on his debut on Saturday (0-4 from the bench) was another positive.

Fair point about Tyrone Waspie, there just seems to be a lot of injuries hampering them so far. As i say i fancy Kerry to win but i wouldn't write Tyrone off, more than capable of pulling it off. Guess thats the joy of the GAA, totally unpredictable!

Good article in the Irish Times this week too from Darragh O Se http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0718/1224320305440.html

If anybody finds a stream on Saturday afternoon I would appreciate it if it was posted up here. Would appear that Premier Sports are broadcasting a f*cking Celtic friendly live at the time and showing Kerry - Tyrone deferred later on. It's live on the TV3 player but I have my doubts whether or not that will work over here. So any live stream from the TV3 coverage would be appreciated!

Hard to watch. I expected Kerry to win and they played very well but alas Tyrone played well below themselves. Actually flattered by the margin of defeat. I would expect a few more retirals and more youngsters introduced.

Back to the provincial finals tomorrow and I would expect Donegal and Dublin to win.

Hard to watch. I expected Kerry to win and they played very well but alas Tyrone played well below themselves. Actually flattered by the margin of defeat. I would expect a few more retirals and more youngsters introduced.

Back to the provincial finals tomorrow and I would expect Donegal and Dublin to win.

Tyrone looked awful yesterday, totally outplayed. Kerry definately playing the nicer football and getting the ball forward more decisively, while Tyrone looked very slow paced, constant hand passing without really getting anywhere. O'Sullivan was really good for the Kingdom, as was Donaghy who appeared to be getting back to his old self. Where Tyrone go from here i dont know. The thing i found most disappointing from them yesterday was their discipline, or lack of more to the point. Totally lost their shape and composure and showed endless signs of petulance. Anyway heading to Croker today, cant see past Dublin but form truly does go out the window when these two meet. Talk of young Kilkenny making his full debut today fir Dublin, what a start!

Tyrone out - classed by Kerry yesterday. They truly deserved the win.

Was at the Ulster Final today. Was a good game but Donegal deserved the win and really pulled away in the second half after an even first half. Good atmosphere at the game too and loved the ground in Clones.

Tyrone looked awful yesterday, totally outplayed. Kerry definately playing the nicer football and getting the ball forward more decisively, while Tyrone looked very slow paced, constant hand passing without really getting anywhere. O'Sullivan was really good for the Kingdom, as was Donaghy who appeared to be getting back to his old self. Where Tyrone go from here i dont know. The thing i found most disappointing from them yesterday was their discipline, or lack of more to the point. Totally lost their shape and composure and showed endless signs of petulance. Anyway heading to Croker today, cant see past Dublin but form truly does go out the window when these two meet. Talk of young Kilkenny making his full debut today fir Dublin, what a start!

Agreed Phil, Kerry played some nice stuff. It was ironic though that them pulling everybody behind the ball in defence was called "spectacular defending" by the pundits, and that breaking in numbers from the back was "all for one and one for all football". When Tyrone introduced these tactics it was "puke football". As ever, the southern media put Kerry on a pedestal. Some of their playacting was pretty poor too and Brian McGuigan was very hard done by to be sent off for a push - albeit a petulant one - with some theatrics following it, then 15 minutes later Curtin hit Colm Cavanagh a nasty elbow to the face and was only yellow carded. A poor refereeing performance all round, although Kerry would have won easily regardless.

I'm still reasonably hopeful about Tyrone in the next 5 years or so. A few of the younger lads have gained valuable experience this year and with more of the 2008 and 2010 All Ireland winning minors on the verge (plus another Ulster minor winning team today) the team will continue to evolve. I suspect O'Neill, Mulligan and McMenamin might retire now. Tyrone have stated to re-build and it will take time. Kerry will be faced with this scenario in the not too distant future.

Statement of intent from Donegal today, typically solid in defence but much stronger in attack than last year. It will be fascinating to see how they get on against a Dublin/Cork/Kerry. Fair play to Meath as well, they have had a very good Leinster championship after an awful league campaign.

Edited by Waspie

Agreed Phil, Kerry played some nice stuff. It was ironic though that them pulling everybody behind the ball in defence was called "spectacular defending" by the pundits, and that breaking in numbers from the back was "all for one and one for all football". When Tyrone introduced these tactics it was "puke football". As ever, the southern media put Kerry on a pedestal. Some of their playacting was pretty poor too and Brian McGuigan was very hard done by to be sent off for a push - albeit a petulant one - with some theatrics following it, then 15 minutes later Curtin hit Colm Cavanagh a nasty elbow to the face and was only yellow carded. A poor refereeing performance all round, although Kerry would have won easily regardless.

I'm still reasonably hopeful about Tyrone in the next 5 years or so. A few of the younger lads have gained valuable experience this year and with more of the 2008 and 2010 All Ireland winning minors on the verge (plus another Ulster minor winning team today) the team will continue to evolve. I suspect O'Neill, Mulligan and McMenamin might retire now. Tyrone have stated to re-build and it will take time. Kerry will be faced with this scenario in the not too distant future.

Statement of intent from Donegal today, typically solid in defence but much stronger in attack than last year. It will be fascinating to see how they get on against a Dublin/Cork/Kerry. Fair play to Meath as well, they have had a very good Leinster championship after an awful league campaign.

McGuigan was very hard done by considering Curtin stayed on for a worse offence. Dublin were hot and cold yesterday, had it not been for the two goals in 1st half added time it could easily been Meaths title. Brogan looked back to his best after a poor outing against Wexford, but still room for improvement overall for the Dubs. Meath look more than capable of beating Laois who struggled over Leitrim so the summer isnt over for them yet. And Kildare struggling by Limerick, what a weekend it was!

Sickened about losing to Kildare,such is life though.Now we just have Kilkenny to lose to Saturday and that's our Summer over

Hard to know what shape Kerry are in as Tyrone were awful but drawing Clare means they have effectively been given a by into the Quarter Finals.Donegal looked most impressive and may go all the way,they're certainly putting up bigger scores than they did last year and I'd fancy them to take Dublin if they were to meet

@Airdrieman

http://www.clubgaa.ie/scotland/index.htm

http://www.scotlandgaa.com/

Thanks mate!

Yeah I fancy Donegal to go all the way too. They were extremely impressive and very clinical on Sunday.

Donegal look very strong, building on last years defensive work with a terrific forward line. I know a few folk have a sneaky feeling for Cork as well, but the Dubs dont seem to have peaked yet and have went through so far with lots to spare. Good few in the mix, perhaps the strongest in years, and it makes for an interesting summer.