Smackdown Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I love face Brock. Keep his words to a minimum, have him do more of that and he’s class. Wonder of they’re just going for the match at Extreme Rules right away? 

Likely not, as they've done the WWE thing of putting every ingredient they can find into the recipe.  It was always Balor vs Reigns announced for Extreme Rules.  Now they've added Brock into the mix (kind of), and at the end of Smackdown Demon Finn comes out.  So I assume Brock will just be...around, I guess until he's done with Finn.  I know they wanted a big pop at Summerslam, but they really should have run two stories rather than mashing them into one.

They could go with face Brock screwing Reigns out of the title at Extreme Rules leading to a feud with no title involved - other than maybe a Paul Heyman on a pole match [emoji23]

Gives Balor the title back he never lost with the logical opponent in a new feud over the Universal title being the man who injured him causing him to relinquish it in the first place - Seth Rollins.

They could go with face Brock screwing Reigns out of the title at Extreme Rules leading to a feud with no title involved - other than maybe a Paul Heyman on a pole match [emoji23]

Gives Balor the title back he never lost with the logical opponent in a new feud over the Universal title being the man who injured him causing him to relinquish it in the first place - Seth Rollins.

Add in an extra layer with Big E cashing in…

Brock Lesnar as a face is a fantastic decision by WWE.

He and Roman are the biggest face (CM Punk would argue otherwise admittedly) and heel in wrestling right now. Add in Demon Balor and WWE have got 1 cracking storyline right now.

Shame that's pretty much all they have and their other 2 hours and 45 minutes of content is utter shite.

Having Lesnar involved does lead them down a certain path though.  Whether it's something he himself has asked for by contract, or just the way they like to book him, there never seems to be much variation in the story.  He doesn't have a title, then he gets a title, then he holds it, then he drops and goes away.  It's hard to imagine him losing a match clean, despite it being a story I'd be very interested in them trying to tell.

As well as Balor and Big E, there's also the potential wrinkle of big Dwayne.  I think they've mentioned Survivor Series as being an anniversary for him, and if they do manage to persuade him to come back for WM, it would make sense to have him at least start planting the seeds.  But that probably comes too early with everyone involved.  Although if Reigns somehow manages to beat Lesnar clean in the main event of Survivor Series, and then Rock's music hits...oooooft.