Smackdown Thread

When was the last properly good new entrance theme that you could argue lifts a performer like it did in the old days?  
Bobby Roode and Nakamura are two of the more recent-ish ones I can think of. I know a lot of people hate Drew's theme, but at least it stands out.

I feel like a lot of current themes miss a distinctive opening note or sound effect that instantly pop a crowd.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Wasn’t Bobby Roode’s theme originally for Nakamura weirdly? 

Think so.  Weird to think, just hard to imagine that ever being a good fit.  Sounds like Nakamura himself gave it a very firm no.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Bobby Roode and Nakamura are two of the more recent-ish ones I can think of. I know a lot of people hate Drew's theme, but at least it stands out.

I feel like a lot of current themes miss a distinctive opening note or sound effect that instantly pop a crowd.

It's an interesting point.  Looking at the lists of best entrance themes of all time, there's a whole lot that have that pop-worthy start.  Mankind with the car crash, Stone Cold with the glass, Rock with the "CAN YOU SMELL" , Edge, Roode, Jericho's OG one, DX, Punk, Taker.  Think of the biggest pops on returns or run-ins, and they all start with that immediate hit of the music.  I imagine he'd still be as popular, but would the moments like Stone Cold coming out when he was red hot be quite as good with some of the generic shite we get now?

A lot of the CFO stuff was excellent tbh.

Aye. If Jim Johnston had as much of an input on all the music that CFOS had then he’s responsible for tons of generic shite. It’s understandable if people remember the classics but there’s loads of good theme tunes kicking about in recent years. I notice it most if I watch AEW where their presentation is far worse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can only assume that they've got Cena locked for Summerslam, so ran out of time to get Edge in before then.  Although I'd have just given Reigns someone to run through at MITB, then have him do the "no-one else" speech.  Cena comes out, they have their one-off, then Edge can return post-Summerslam to a presumably huge pop.

That will be a knee injury of some kind most likely.

First time Bayley has been out injured for any great length of time on the main roster.

Would think the replacement for the title match at MITB might be someone like Carmella before they bring back Sasha to face Belair at Summerslam.

4 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Would think the replacement for the title match at MITB might be someone like Carmella before they bring back Sasha to face Belair at Summerslam.

I have a feeling it might be one of the NXT call ups they have planned...