Smackdown Thread

3 hours ago, forameus said:

What was actually said?  Bleacher Report seemed absolutely seething at the segment but didn't really say much about it other than it being pretty racist.

Mahal was showing the same picture of Nakamura on the titantron for each of his shitey jokes then said something like he always rooks rike that. 

Said shit like Nakamura eats dogs and dolphins, called him 'Mr Miyagi' as well as what the previous poster said. Think there was other stuff but funnily enough there don't appear to be any highlights of it at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight should be interesting and SmackDown needs to make a statement of intent for future programming. No idea what they'll pull out for Survivor Series, as long as we don't have to go through Jinder Mahal vs Shinsuke Nakamura anymore.

We should be expecting an explaination from Sami Zayn tonight.

AJ Styles has already invoked his rematch which is a good sign.

Becky Lynch vs Carmella

And we'll be hearing from The Usos as well (hope we see them feud with Gable and Benjamin over the next few months).

I found this more comical than anything else. Rowan's delivery especially was funny.

13 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Bludgeon Brothers = 2B

Agreed. Perhaps then they're meant to be comical, since they'll presumably be feuding with Breezango.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. Perhaps then they're meant to be comical, since they'll presumably be feuding with Breezango.

Looks that way sadly. Gutted tbh, was hoping for something bigger than that. Really enjoyed their tag run when they had fantastic matches against the Usos and New Day

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I found this more comical than anything else. Rowan's delivery especially was funny.

1988 called looking for its tag team name back. 

I like Luke Harper. He's different and doesn't fit the mould but is excellent at what he does but this is a shame to saddle him with a daft gimmick that is likely to be dead on arrival.

No-one, not even the Road Warriors (who got saddled with the equally cheesy Legion of Doom, but at least that was 25 years ago when folk bought into it) or the New Age Outlaws could get a tag team name like the Bludgeon Brothers over in this day and age. 

Im gonna reserve judgement for when they're out in the open doing their thing. The promo made me heavy sigh, but I really like Harper and I'm hoping they manage to make something if it. Maybe as double hard c***s who batter everyone or something.

Who am I kidding, it's going to be terrible.

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

Look like a really shit version of War Machine, maybe that's what they're going for.  The War Machine part, not the shit version part.

And there is the problem. The gimmick is fine. It suits. They are a pair of big hosses (though Harper is a lot more skilled than your run of the mill hoss) and should be booked as such.

The problem is that fucking name. Folk say 'War Machine' and it sounds intimidating... Like a team you should take seriously. 

Say 'here come the Bludgeon Brothers' and no one is going to take them seriously. Imagine if Kane debuted with the fire, mask, flames and immense music and JR was screaming 'Bah Gawd, that has to be him, that has to be Percy' 

Edited by djchapsticks