Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

45 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

This "make opponents a tag team!!!" malarkey definitely didn't get old fucking years ago.

It’d be fine if they hadn’t already done it TWICE in the last couple of weeks. Don’t understand how they’re so careless with stuff like that. 

See I like Big Baldy b*****d Baron Corbin ([emoji2398] Ross fae Cultaholic) as a heel wrestler, he is actually decent in the ring & End of Days is a great finisher as is his theme minus the King stuff added to it currently.

WWE should have managed to make much more of Corbin - but equally he shouldn't be involved in Big Boab vs Big Drew at this point.
Are they planning on adding Corbin to The Hurt Business?
If so, why?

As for the Women's Tag Team title scene...
Jeezo, what a mess - it's a lesson in how NOT to book a tag team division.

Teams are thrown together - see Naomi/Lana, Mandy/Dana, Natalya/Tamina & Lacey/Peyton - then not used or jobbed out to Nia/Shayna, themselves a thrown together team, or the singles champions and/or their current title challenger.

While long-term established teams like IIconics & Mandy/Sonya were broken up, same with the Riott Squad when Ruby got injured so they looked like giving Liv a singles push but now she's back with Ruby sat in catering every week.

Never mind that rumour of the Bella Twins coming back later in the year to go after the Tag Titles...
Which with Johnny Ace back in charge of talent is quite likely as he is their stepdad after all.

I have no problem with Nia/Shayna as a dominant tag team. Much in the same way as I quite liked the idea of Nia/Tamina doing the same thing when they were kicking about.
They aren't really being booked as dominant though.

They are only really winning if it's a tag title defence - Shayna in particular is being jobbed out in singles matches regularly.

Guest bernardblack
10 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

See I like Big Baldy b*****d Baron Corbin (emoji2398.png Ross fae Cultaholic) as a heel wrestler, he is actually decent in the ring & End of Days is a great finisher as is his theme minus the King stuff added to it currently.

WWE should have managed to make much more of Corbin - but equally he shouldn't be involved in Big Boab vs Big Drew at this point.
Are they planning on adding Corbin to The Hurt Business?
If so, why?

As for the Women's Tag Team title scene...
Jeezo, what a mess - it's a lesson in how NOT to book a tag team division.

Teams are thrown together - see Naomi/Lana, Mandy/Dana, Natalya/Tamina & Lacey/Peyton - then not used or jobbed out to Nia/Shayna, themselves a thrown together team, or the singles champions and/or their current title challenger.

While long-term established teams like IIconics & Mandy/Sonya were broken up, same with the Riott Squad when Ruby got injured so they looked like giving Liv a singles push but now she's back with Ruby sat in catering every week.

Never mind that rumour of the Bella Twins coming back later in the year to go after the Tag Titles...
Which with Johnny Ace back in charge of talent is quite likely as he is their stepdad after all.

I also like Corbin but they either need to give him a push or bin him. This “chumming along with the heels” gimmick is so poor 

Sounds like it was a brilliant go home Raw that will definitely pump up the Mania hype and byrate!*

Sounds like the usual below average show. Lots of sign pointing though.

I'm quite relieved to be honest.  I thought the show was looking really devoid of any kind of imagination, really lacklustre.  But then they booked a tag team turmoil match, followed by a title match for the winner, and now I couldn't be happier.  Who needs star power?

Mind that guy Keith Lee?

Mind how WWE absolutely, definitely weren't going to ruin him? Mind how he was going to headline Mania, or at least be in a prominent match?

Haha, me neither!

Mind that guy Keith Lee?
Mind how WWE absolutely, definitely weren't going to ruin him? Mind how he was going to headline Mania, or at least be in a prominent match?
Haha, me neither!
You say that but Keith Lee hasn't been seen for a while...

The Hurt Business just booted Cedric & Shelton...

Keith Lee has previous with Big Drew...

Maybe, just maybe Lee helps Lashley retain & joins THB?

Or alternatively - and more likely - auld Vinnie Mac has gone off him for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

NXT call ups should just skip the main roster and instead be released when they leave NXT. Would save everyone a lot of time.

They've probably got as many successes as failures from being called up.

I wouldn't rule out Keith Lee yet either. He was thrown straight into the US title scene that last time before he picked up an injury. So they're clearly still interested in putting him in some sort of position of prominence.

They're also clearly pretty high on Matt Riddle. And Damien Priest pretty much has most of what he'll need to be something on the main roster as well. The women who come up will probably get to make a decent fist of it as well.

Tag teams and cruiserweights are pretty much fucked from the word go as those are people who WWE have no idea how to use. Most of the failures have been because of this, or because the people called up were never ready to be there in the first place.